Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #29
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I'd try to find a nice aftermarket ZL1 bumper...perhaps from a vendor on this forum!

Gotta find a silver lining somewhere when accidents happen

Nick C.

I have been looking actually, Ive got a quote for the Zl1 bumper for about $1100.. can anyone go cheaper than that? Or does anyone know any vendors that are selling them?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #30
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htoniv View Post
I have been looking actually, Ive got a quote for the Zl1 bumper for about $1100.. can anyone go cheaper than that? Or does anyone know any vendors that are selling them?
I don't know one personally, but I'm sure others on here can point you in the right direction?

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #31
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Gary's Customs does them. Be aware that the hood line on the ZL1 bumper is different than the standard bumper so some modification is necessary. Gary's Custom is around $1600 complete bolt-on solution, but that includes paint and modification of the bumper to fit the stock OEM hood. Probably much less if you get it unpainted and without hood line modification. I personally like the idea of a ready to go, bolt on package.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196947

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #32
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Man...hit a 60K jeep...

If I was that jeep owner, you would have been laid out. lol
Yea ok tough guy. Best part if that actually did happen would be watching you hand cuffed and put in the cruiser on your way to jail.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #33
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
well the only thing you can do is next time don't drive so close to people's rear end !! if it's the case, I don't know how you didn't understand what happened,and if you were really going that slow you had plenty of time to stop unless you were not paying attention.
I know this much even in slow traffic I keep my ZL1 at least 2 car lengths clear in the front and just hope the person in the rear is watching what he is doing.
good luck,and i hope you dont have someone pulling a scam trying to sue you..
Old 10-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #34
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AztecCamaro View Post
In my experience that looks a lot faster than 5-8 mph. Your not necessarily 100% at fault. If the other guy breached any duties he owed to you then he could share some negligence
he rear ended the car in front of him. its 100% his fault unless the other guy put his car in reverse. If you hit a object and that object wasn't moving towards you its your fault. If the guys brake lights were not working then it would be a little his fault.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #35
AztecCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk SS Auto Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
he rear ended the car in front of him. its 100% his fault unless the other guy put his car in reverse. If you hit a object and that object wasn't moving towards you its your fault. If the guys brake lights were not working then it would be a little his fault.
That's not it works in the insurance world. Just because you rear end somebody doesn't mean you are 100% liable. If the person in front stopped short, they could share up to 40% liability. It all depends on what duties each driver breached.

It also depends on your adjusters negotiation skills. I know of an Allstate agent that fought for 20% liability on a driver who was stopped at a red light and looking at his phone. He claimed that if that driver would have not been in her phone, she would have seen the other car coming. Dont get me wrong, that claim is a bunch of bs, but it shows that anything can happen.

I know this because I'm a liability examiner for Geico
AztecCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
not saying your wrong but i think that is wrong. If a guy stops short in front of you and you hit him then you were following too close. Now if the guy passed you pulled back in front of you without the needed following distance and stopped then it is 100% the fault of that driver.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
In my experience that looks a lot faster than 5-8 mph. Your not necessarily 100% at fault. If the other guy breached any duties he owed to you then he could share some negligence
If it was NJ…you are at fault no matter what but in every state that i am aware of, everyone is partially at fault in some way shape or form. Insurance companies say that because you decided to drive in that spot, on that day at that hour, you are partially at fault. Another way for insurance companies to raise premiums and get out of paying sometimes. I stand my ground that insurance companies as a whole, auto, medical etc is a joke.

Saying this you should always report the accident as quickly as possible and take as many at the time pics as possible. Having a police report is always a plus even if you wait a while for them to get there.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #38
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
That's not it works in the insurance world. Just because you rear end somebody doesn't mean you are 100% liable. If the person in front stopped short, they could share up to 40% liability. It all depends on what duties each driver breached.

It also depends on your adjusters negotiation skills. I know of an Allstate agent that fought for 20% liability on a driver who was stopped at a red light and looking at his phone. He claimed that if that driver would have not been in her phone, she would have seen the other car coming. Dont get me wrong, that claim is a bunch of bs, but it shows that anything can happen.

I know this because I'm a liability examiner for Geico
Why is it that if someone hits you from behind and drives you into the vehicle in front of you, you are responsible for the car in front of yours damage? You had no control

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:40 PM   #39
AztecCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk SS Auto Vert
Your not necessarily responsible for all of their damages. If your deemed to be too close then yes you may have some liability because you failed to maintain a safe distance which was a direct cause of you hitting the person in front of you. But if the person behind you slams into you at full speed and you kept a reasonable from the person in front, that first person who hit you will most likely be completely responsible for both vehicles.

This is why it's important to give really good interviews and really support your view with facts and witnesses. A lot of beliefs that people have about insurance are completely wrong. Ex) rear ending a driver means your automatically at fault. This is a false statement.

Insurance is supposed to be a service that you hopefully never have to use. YOU buy it to protect YOUR assets in the event that you accidentally seriously injure another person. If you didn't have insurance and you caused someone to become a paraplegic, do you have enough assets to pay for their medical bills and pain and suffering? If not then you would be financially ruined for the rest of your life. You would lose everything. Not to mention, you would ruin that other persons life. You would leave then unable to live and uncompensated for their injuries.

It is your civic duty to carry insurance. In my opinion it is simply immoral to not carry it. We owe it to each other to make sure we can compensate others for accidents we didn't mean to cause. Would you want to leave someone completely disabled as well as financially ruined?
AztecCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #40
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
Why is it that if someone hits you from behind and drives you into the vehicle in front of you, you are responsible for the car in front of yours damage? You had no control
I am pretty sure that if someone hits you from behind, and you ram into another car, the first person who started the accident is at fault for every accident that just happened.

E.G.- <--- if he rear ends the camaro, and the camaro rear ends the mustang... then the one driving the hoopty (just an example) its responsible for all of it; the damage from himself hitting the camaro, and the damage from the camaro hitting the mustang.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #41
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Doesn't look that bad... I had a deer hauler on the back of a 4x4 clip by Camaro's nose.

New nose, new hood plus I got to change out to a heritage grill. Fixed in a week...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #42
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBourne23 View Post
If it was NJ…you are at fault no matter what but in every state that i am aware of, everyone is partially at fault in some way shape or form. Insurance companies say that because you decided to drive in that spot, on that day at that hour, you are partially at fault. Another way for insurance companies to raise premiums and get out of paying sometimes. I stand my ground that insurance companies as a whole, auto, medical etc is a joke.

Saying this you should always report the accident as quickly as possible and take as many at the time pics as possible. Having a police report is always a plus even if you wait a while for them to get there.
I know in the state of Arkansas it is the law that it's 100% the person at fault in a rear end collision. You can't be at fault for just being there. I found this out when I got rear ended on my motorcycle.