Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-20-2023, 09:57 PM   #1
CamaroCat

Drives: 2014 camaro black
Can somone name this part I broke?

Was changing the coils and plugs on my car and broke the plastic that goes into the hose.

I attached photos showing the part in question.

Thank you
Attached Images

CamaroCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Rob3D

Drives: Car
I’ll name it. How about Bob?
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:51 PM   #3
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Just taking a guess, if this is a V6 camaro, looks like it, you might want to post this in the V6 section for a better answer. My guess is that with the hard plastic line it is hooked to is part of your evap system. But I'm a V8 Camaro and things differ from the 6 to the 8 cylinder. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-21-2023, 02:42 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Yep that's part of the Evap purge valve You broke the line that's goes to the Evap Solenoid.
Vapor Canister Purge Valve Hose For 13-15 Chevy Camaro 3.6L V6 LFX VIN: 3 KR65D9
This is suppose to be for a v6
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 02:44 PM   #5
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Just taking a guess, if this is a V6 camaro, looks like it, you might want to post this in the V6 section for a better answer. My guess is that with the hard plastic line it is hooked to is part of your evap system. But I'm a V8 Camaro and things differ from the 6 to the 8 cylinder. Just a suggestion.
Hey thanks, Maybe we get to meet at Camarofest this year
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 06:11 PM   #6
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Yeah, you have to remove the solenoid in order to access the 3 plug on the LFX. It's just one bolt, and other than that the plugs are easy as pie to change out, unless you break the plastic...

Totally unrelated but something to help you with not kicking yourself: my brother was changing out the starter in the Honda Accord that I gave him (hand-me-down car that my son had been driving), and as he was leaning over the front of the car to get some torque on one of the starter bolts, he broke the plastic intake lip on the radiator. Had to buy a whole new radiator and replace it because his fat self leaned too hard on the car. Plastic and men with tools don't mix well sometimes.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 10:03 PM   #7
CamaroCat

Drives: 2014 camaro black
Thanks to all who replied I was able to figure it out as well after spending hours doing online research.

I actually couldn't get the part (seems only AutoZone has it) delivered until the 24th so I ended up using gorilla glue with tape until it dried and hardened. Just dropped a somewhat liberal amount of glue and a piece of painter tape to hold it lightly until dried.

Seems to be running fine and no error codes popping up.
CamaroCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 06:12 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
if you're talking about the purge valve that plugs into the intake, i'd recommend replacing with OEM because the aftermarket crap never seems to last on those solenoids. if it's just the hose that broke you'll be fine, although i doubt autozone has that in the aftermarket
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote