Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #43
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
I can't even believe what i'm reading. has anybody ever put a duramax in their Camaro? maybe the only crazy thing left
Old 02-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #44
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I have the 1SS W/RS package I'm 6ft. sunroof & plenty of room very comfortable.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #45
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Same here. Until I put a helmet on...
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:37 PM   #46
FryZ

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Ditto...but I could see where I'd be close w/ a helmet on. I love opening it on a nice weekend day and just cruising, not as nice as the t-tops in my WS6 but close enough.

1.5" diff. in headroom (as mentioned earlier in the thread) vs. a hardtop car seems like alot...it's not like the sunroof slides into the roof. But I've never sat in a hardtop Camaro...just mine and a friends, both w/ sunroofs.
FryZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:52 PM   #47
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
http://www.plantedtechnology.com/ for an aftermarket seat bracket. some companies make seat brackets specifically for their seats too.

regarding a new roof install, you would have to buy a roof from the parts dept, not sure if there would be a core charge. the big part is removing the roof you currently have along with the bracing for the sunroof. it would involve removing seam sealer, drilling out all spot welds, grinding... and then putting in the new roof, new headliner, etc.. Maybe call Detroit Speed Eng. They started with a sunroof camaro and removed it in favor of a reverse mohawk roof. check the link http://detroitspeed.com/Projects/DSE...maro-pg-1.html theres a few pics on pg 1 and 2 that show the roof removed/reinstalled

And of course, we will also be offering both wet and dry carbon fiber roof replacements soon. ETA 4 months
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #48
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Moreno View Post
http://www.plantedtechnology.com/ for an aftermarket seat bracket. some companies make seat brackets specifically for their seats too.

regarding a new roof install, you would have to buy a roof from the parts dept, not sure if there would be a core charge. the big part is removing the roof you currently have along with the bracing for the sunroof. it would involve removing seam sealer, drilling out all spot welds, grinding... and then putting in the new roof, new headliner, etc.. Maybe call Detroit Speed Eng. They started with a sunroof camaro and removed it in favor of a reverse mohawk roof. check the link http://detroitspeed.com/Projects/DSE...maro-pg-1.html theres a few pics on pg 1 and 2 that show the roof removed/reinstalled

And of course, we will also be offering both wet and dry carbon fiber roof replacements soon. ETA 4 months
Very helpful, thank you!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #49
Crawler

Drives: 12 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne watson View Post
I can't even believe what i'm reading. has anybody ever put a duramax in their Camaro? maybe the only crazy thing left
Actually, yes they have. Ha ha ha

Seat is the best option.

Other option (but not best)- Remove sunroof, gasket, motor, tracks, electrical. Have a filler pannel made with a gasket. The panel would have tabs that would secure to the inside of the roof skin. Then have a headliner made.

Keep all your old parts and it could be put back together if you quit doing track days or sell the car.
09 Hayabusa-Spiney thing in the exhaust 468RWHP
95 Dodge Cummins- 9.5 1/4 mile
Gone-12 2SS/RS SMD Built
Gone-C6 Procharged 416
Gone-07 CTS-V Procharged 427
Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:54 PM   #50
AG1LE

Going to Hendrick Chevy on Friday to see if I can get the same car I have now, but with 1LE package, recaros, and no sunroof.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #51
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Good luck with that,I seriously think that they order every Camaro with sunroof from my experience,the only time I saw a Camaro w/o sunroof it was a 1SS no RS and no options.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #52
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Good luck with that,I seriously think that they order every Camaro with sunroof from my experience,the only time I saw a Camaro w/o sunroof it was a 1SS no RS and no options.
I expect it will be a challenge...the only one I found online that exactly matched my requirements was in Wisconsin...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #53
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I don't know how you'd come out on trading or selling your car at this time but,I had a crewcab truck I sold recently and planned on driving the Camaro on a regular basis(not a smart move)the next day it hit me how much I need a truck,and when I bought the Camaro it was for fun and meeting with other Camaro owners,so no big deal,anyway I looked at trading and was floored by the low offers,so I'm thinking I'll just buy a new truck and sell my Camaro separately.Sounds like the seat deal would work better for you,good luck
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #54
AG1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
I don't know how you'd come out on trading or selling your car at this time but,I had a crewcab truck I sold recently and planned on driving the Camaro on a regular basis(not a smart move)the next day it hit me how much I need a truck,and when I bought the Camaro it was for fun and meeting with other Camaro owners,so no big deal,anyway I looked at trading and was floored by the low offers,so I'm thinking I'll just buy a new truck and sell my Camaro separately.Sounds like the seat deal would work better for you,good luck
It may very well turn out that way, but I'll give it a shot.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #55
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven1327 View Post
JMWNERW mamooth .......could you send a pix of you guys in the driver seat like this??? i don't want to seem like a jerk or anything or am i calling you guys liars.....but i just don't understand.. you guys are about my size and i fit no problem with helmet in what i think is the correct position in a race course.

and by "correct position" i mean one that i can see well, reach the steering wheel comfortably, see out of the mirrors and shift easily. and i still have room to move my head around with a helmet on.

granted when i drive on the street i have the seat back tilted back low and "comfortable" for my long commute but i know we are talking control on the track....

and if we are both saying the seat is at its lowest, with the correct angle, roughly the same size men..... but i can fit with a helmet and you guys can barely fit without it .... i just very curious

My car is stored for the winter but I made myself a note to post a pic of my seating position when I get her out. In the mean time, please remember that I have ZERO reason to lie and there's much more interesting and cool things I want to modify on my car than the seat, yet I find myself scouring the web on a daily basis for a permanent replacement seat that will give me another inch of room or so.

I am considering just taking it out myself and seeing if I can modify the seat on my own like I used to in the old Safari van I was obsessed with when I was younger.
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #56
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamooth View Post
I never understand when people say this. Average sized people. I am only 1" taller than you are and unless I drive with my seat laid back like a thug I have to drive with my head INSIDE the sunroof hole (with the shade slid back). There is literally zero chance in hell I could drive this car with a helmet on. I either have a FREAKISHLY long torso or people exaggerate their headroom.
I'm 6'4" without a sunroof and I'm about 2" from the headliner.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote