Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
This thread changed fast....

Dealers dont make much off the sale of new cars...especially if its been on the lot a bit. They make the money in service, used/trades, and the manufacturer incentives.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #16
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Never seen such a wheel/tire machine, but last time I had 'nice' wheels done I simply took it to a local tire place that had another machine just for special wheels. It has plastic tipped tools on it so they don't mar the wheels. The tire guy still has to use a lever on it but they did an excellent job. Did not so much as smudge a wheel on my old car. The first shop I stopped at was pretty honest and said they wouldn't do it because earlier in the day a greenhorn broke the plastic off his 'nice' tire machine, so he didn't want to risk messing up my wheels on his regular one.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 AM   #17
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiefuzz View Post
That's fine you believe that. The gas station only makes 15cents per gallon too.
I've been in the car business too and he's right. The dealer margin on new car transactions can be tiny. Used cars are another matter.

Oh, and the profit margin on gasoline is also very small. That's why gas stations started adding convenience stores. America has far less gas stations than it used to have, and low to non-existent profit margins at the retail level are what drove them away.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #18
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Be happy he did the right thing. They could have tried to fix it and then scratch them up.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 AM   #19
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
I've been in the car business too and he's right. The dealer margin on new car transactions can be tiny. Used cars are another matter.

Oh, and the profit margin on gasoline is also very small. That's why gas stations started adding convenience stores. America has far less gas stations than it used to have, and low to non-existent profit margins at the retail level are what drove them away.
Willful ignorance/stupidity being what it is, I don't think that he is going to believe anything anyone here says that isn't "Yes! you're right! The dealership made TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS off of your car purchase!".
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote