Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-14-2023, 09:22 AM   #43
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
EOI of 210 is beyond being within range. GM targets 180 so you have plenty of headroom. Lower than 160 is where you can start to question combustion efficiency.

I wouldn't worry about what anything looks like when you are pedaling the throttle due to wheel spin. most of that data will not be accurate. Nobody tunes for wheelspin. You need to do higher gear pulls or strap it down on a dyno.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:05 PM   #44
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
EOI of 210 is beyond being within range. GM targets 180 so you have plenty of headroom. Lower than 160 is where you can start to question combustion efficiency.

I wouldn't worry about what anything looks like when you are pedaling the throttle due to wheel spin. most of that data will not be accurate. Nobody tunes for wheelspin. You need to do higher gear pulls or strap it down on a dyno.
OK. Cool. I kinda' figured what I really need to do is hit it long enough to see if the pressure comes back up, but it's pretty sketchy riding the lightning at the top of 4th, lol. Or - try to hit it in 5th...

Thank you for the comments and your time King'.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 12:22 PM   #45
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Traction control events can cut spark, close throttle and actually cut a full bank of fuel injectors and override any commanded fuel pressures so you might see in the log where fuel goes lean and rail pressure tanks, but if you look at the injector bank you will see its commanded to 0ms. As King said, ignore that data, its inaccurate and you're likely chasing ghosts.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 04:39 PM   #46
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Great commentary as always from King and Jason!

Gotta say, don’t know how you can tune that thing on the street haha. Get yourself some time on a load bearing dyno!
Old 12-15-2023, 07:55 AM   #47
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Traction control events can cut spark, close throttle and actually cut a full bank of fuel injectors and override any commanded fuel pressures so you might see in the log where fuel goes lean and rail pressure tanks, but if you look at the injector bank you will see its commanded to 0ms. As King said, ignore that data, its inaccurate and you're likely chasing ghosts.
Thank you for your comments Megahurtz! I'll look at those channels. I had noticed that before, but forget that's a thing, and you've pointed that out in the past, too, so I have some more to remember to keep in mind to watch. I log about as much as the Scanner and my laptop will allow, so fortunately I can go back and review a lot, and watch this phenomenon. I'll keep an eye on that, though, and keep in mind what you said. Well sheet. Maybe I'm closer than I thought to completion (that's what she said...)!

I know there's not a lot of gain for my combination in this area, so I'll keep studying and reading. There's a lot of information out there that you, and several others have shared. I try very hard to exhaust resources I can find and understand so I don't ask questions you guys have already answered. Thank you for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Great commentary as always from King and Jason!

Gotta say, don’t know how you can tune that thing on the street haha. Get yourself some time on a load bearing dyno!
I completely agree, and there's a lot it seems (to the likes of my meager understanding) you discovered, so KUDOS to you, too, my friend This thread helped me a lot (as far as I can tell), and Thank You, too!!!

Honestly - it's scary for me. It's a LOT of anxiety and trepidation - very stressful. I'm not far from the sticks, so it's kinda' nice to have that little area where there's little traffic, pretty good roads, and just away from everyone, but it's not like law enforcement isn't out there. Even on the Mickey's, grip on the asphalt isn't great, and trying to keep them from balling up can be touchy. I get really bad sway, too, at WOT as soon as I roll into the throttle, and he's trying to move across lanes, so that makes it VERY stressful, too. Anyway - you are right. I just don't have many I know of good enough to trust around here. I should work on that. That would be A LOT safer.

Thanks everyone, VERY much for sharing everything. I'm going to keep re-reading this thread until it all sinks in. I feel like it's helping my though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote