Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-09-2021, 09:49 AM   #1
Greencamaro1234

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Code P2099

Good Mourning,and to all the Mothers here Happy Mother’s Day, I had a problem Thursday as I was heading out of town,now I do not drive this car every day,and till two months ago,had been sitting for two months winter,now most of my driving is in town,so not very often can I drive it at high speeds,but,to begin with I kind of noticed a slight vibration at first,nothing bad,and that could be many things tires,steering so wasn’t to concerned with it,get on Interstate and running 70-80 mph,and it studders,slowed down and it continued to do it,unfortunately had to turn around and go back home and switch cars.took it to Autozone oh also when this was happening my check engine light did come on,and got all kinds of codes. P2099,PO420,P2179,P0301,P0300,P0305,P0430,P0301,P0 300,P0303,,
So,a lot of misfires Detected,and running Lean,so during the winter,maybe late February I did replace spark plugs,when I pulled several out noticed oil on some,mostly back plugs,so,took intake off and replace the gasket with new seals to prevent oil to get on plugs,as I’m driving back home my mind is running wild,and remembered about a month I was going to the beach,and stopped at a store to get gas,and they had straight fuel,no additives,so figured I would top it off with this,And hadn’t driven it a lot since then,but did top it off again just before I left home,so,at first thinking bad fuel I just got,or the fuel I got a month ago with no additives caused a problem,any had this problem. Thanks
Greencamaro1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
whatever is causing the misfire most likely causing the fuel trim codes, so worry about the misfires first. misfires also probably ruined your catalytic converters, as long as they're not clogged/restricted you can hold off on those until you fix the misfires. could be coils, plugs, injectors, compression, but you gotta get it all checked out. probably an injector issue depending on your mileage
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
Greencamaro1234

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Yea,I’m thinking it’s more than likely injectors probably clogged causing the misfires,the car has 148,000, so,will start off with some cleaner running through the tank and go from there. Thanks
Greencamaro1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:13 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I honestly doubt cleaner will help with these DI injectors, better to have someone check them out who has the tools to do so
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:50 PM   #5
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
P2099,P2179 are fuel trim codes for BK 2
Check for exhaust leak drivers side(BK 2) between manifold and converter
Can be hard to find
I've had to use a smoke machine sometimes
vacuum leak?
fuel pressure?
excessive alcohol content?
dirty injectors?
your also getting BK 1 misfires
Having someone with a good scanner to look at fuel trims,02 voltages etc....
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote