Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #1
error3rror

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LS
Overheating

My car keeps going to 258 when I’m driving but it drops to 212 210 whenever I stop.

I got the message on my dashboard about my car overheating , I couldn’t pull anywhere to the side ,but when I was about to,the needle went back to normal.

The fans are working properly. When I got home I pop the hood and heard the fans working. All of them.

So I don’t know what it would be.

Any recommendations?

Going to a mechanic tomorrow.
But I want recommendations to see what it is before I hit the mechanic.
Because mechanics wanna make money and they’ll tell you lies just to make money. Specially on this Covid situations. sy
error3rror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Coolant level good? Maybe bad thermostat.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:34 PM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by error3rror View Post
My car keeps going to 258 when I’m driving but it drops to 212 210 whenever I stop.

I got the message on my dashboard about my car overheating , I couldn’t pull anywhere to the side ,but when I was about to,the needle went back to normal.

The fans are working properly. When I got home I pop the hood and heard the fans working. All of them.

So I don’t know what it would be.

Any recommendations?

Going to a mechanic tomorrow.
But I want recommendations to see what it is before I hit the mechanic.
Because mechanics wanna make money and they’ll tell you lies just to make money. Specially on this Covid situations. sy
Most mechanic shops have actually stayed very busy during the pandemic. You probably have a coolant leak, the V6 leaks most often from the thermostat area which is located near the back of the engine. Also don't drive the car overheating at all especially at 258 that's way too hot. My camaro stays around 180-190
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #4
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Check for air in your coolant system.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote