#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-06-2017, 03:01 PM   #85
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
From what i read still wouldnt have the controls on the main screen to change colors... there is an extra color LED on the main screen too that the 1SS doesnt have which in that case main screen only turns on white wile that doors change color... also no lights at the cup holder
They're supposed to add the light application to your MyLink. How else would you control the colors?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #86
appalooza

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
The 2SS is a very good option not every one is track focused.... Ilove to track but darn if only i had the bose stereo, interior accents and blind spot.... yes the 1LE is a track car but in my case its also my daily driver... so some of you track at most once a month.... while sacrificing stuff you would use every day... THAT to me is what doesnt make sense.... and going after market you might end up soending more money.

Wish I could’ve waited more when i was searching for a 1LE, but now im stuck since now dealer will want to kill you in trade in since this is a “1SS”

If you dont agree with the 2SS1LE then just get a 1SS no reason to bash this, thats kind of a selfish mentality since for YOUR use the extra stuff is not needed.

For me im glad it costs more only imagine a 2SS 1LE only costs 3-4K then trust me no 1SS 1LE would be sold (maybe to those hardcore road course racers that dont daily the car)

Exactly why I'm waiting.
appalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #87
appalooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Ok but that is you. Just remember that you are one person. There are plenty of people on this forum that have been waiting on a 2SS 1LE. It is a good thing that GM is offering this package on a 2SS. It allows the folks that want a more luxurious daily driver that is capable of hitting the tracks on weekends with almost no modification. Neither the 1SS or 2SS 1LE are all out track cars. They're both for folks that want a daily driver that is track capable.
There ya go
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #88
snake3276120

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
The 2SS is a very good option not every one is track focused.... Ilove to track but darn if only i had the bose stereo, interior accents and blind spot.... yes the 1LE is a track car but in my case its also my daily driver... so some of you track at most once a month.... while sacrificing stuff you would use every day... THAT to me is what doesnt make sense.... and going after market you might end up soending more money.

Wish I could’ve waited more when i was searching for a 1LE, but now im stuck since now dealer will want to kill you in trade in since this is a “1SS”

If you dont agree with the 2SS1LE then just get a 1SS no reason to bash this, thats kind of a selfish mentality since for YOUR use the extra stuff is not needed.

For me im glad it costs more only imagine a 2SS 1LE only costs 3-4K then trust me no 1SS 1LE would be sold (maybe to those hardcore road course racers that dont daily the car)
Exactly, given that I'm in Canada. Heated/ventilated seat is a must. The 1SS speakers don't even have an independent amp to drive it. Auto-dimming mirror is useful as this car is relatively low. Other things are nice to have, like garage remote and interior lights.

Anyway I'll 99% upgrade my 1LE order from 1SS to 2SS, the price for Canada hasn't released yet.
snake3276120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #89
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalooza View Post
There ya go
Not that these cars will ever be collectable, but there is nothing unique or special about them when chevy adds the 1LE package to so many models. They might as well make a 1LE chevy Spark.
Ford does a better job of keeping their performance cars special...even though they may not be as good.
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:44 PM   #90
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Come on GM, next it needs an extra 25hp and the 10sp auto!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #91
appalooza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
Not that these cars will ever be collectable, but there is nothing unique or special about them when chevy adds the 1LE package to so many models. They might as well make a 1LE chevy Spark.
Ford does a better job of keeping their performance cars special...even though they may not be as good.
Whoever said anything about these cars being collectable or unique??? It's just a package but it happens to be a damn good one. The 1SS 1LE is a very good car (from what I hear so far) for the money and if the price is right for a 2SS 1LE, all the better for those who want one.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #92
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
now let me get that suede dash insert.
Me too!
Old 10-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #93
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalooza View Post
Whoever said anything about these cars being collectable or unique??? It's just a package but it happens to be a damn good one. The 1SS 1LE is a very good car (from what I hear so far) for the money and if the price is right for a 2SS 1LE, all the better for those who want one.
Im the one who said they wont be collectable
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #94
Gunsmokez

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake3276120 View Post
Exactly, given that I'm in Canada. Heated/ventilated seat is a must. The 1SS speakers don't even have an independent amp to drive it. Auto-dimming mirror is useful as this car is relatively low. Other things are nice to have, like garage remote and interior lights.

Anyway I'll 99% upgrade my 1LE order from 1SS to 2SS, the price for Canada hasn't released yet.

Yah but, would you be willing to pay 7$k for lighting, and a fan blowing up your rear end?

I like the 2SS 1LE option no doubt, but I have a hard time justifying how much it cost for the few extras it does have over a base 1 SS 1LE. IF it came with say, the ZL1 interior all the options. Might be a easier pill to swallow.
Gunsmokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #95
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmokez View Post
Yah but, would you be willing to pay 7$k for lighting, and a fan blowing up your rear end?

I like the 2SS 1LE option no doubt, but I have a hard time justifying how much it cost for the few extras it does have over a base 1 SS 1LE. IF it came with say, the ZL1 interior all the options. Might be a easier pill to swallow.
Some of you guys seem to take offense to the 2SS 1LE because of the price. I'm not sure if it's because you're mad that it's out of your price range or that you feel like your 1SS 1LE will be looked down upon because it's not exclusive any longer. Just chill out. Both of these models are great and now the 1LE is available in more than 1 flavor. You should be congratulating those that have wanted this car since the 6th gen was released.

Here's a fact for you. The 2SS outsells the 1SS in this country. There are more people that want a 2SS than a 1SS. It was only a matter of time that GM offered this package on the 2SS.

Imagine if it was the opposite and GM had decided to put the 1LE on the 2SS from the beginning. How would you all feel then? You probably wouldn't be happy that you were having to buy a package that you didn't really want in order to get a 1LE. Imagine how happy you would be now if the 1SS was the new option for 1LE.

My point is that even though you don't like it, don't knock the car because there are people here that have been waiting on it and we don't need you guys trying to make them feel bad for buying this car. We're all here for the same reason, the love of the Camaro and 1LE specifically in this forum.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:55 PM   #96
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
My point is that even though you don't like it, don't knock the car because there are people here that have been waiting on it and we don't need you guys trying to make them feel bad for buying this car. We're all here for the same reason, the love of the Camaro and 1LE specifically in this forum.
Good points...we all have kind of 1.5SS's with all the content above a regular 1SS. My Apple CarPlay works just fine vs. the I06 NAV. Would not mind vented seats to work, but, after multiple track days in Texas heat, I can't see them making me more than a bit of difference. Could not care less for memory seats or Homelink. My tiny hidden opener works fine. I don't have to have the fancy HVAC, interior lighting, upgraded radio, etc. Would not mind a better radio system, but, it works fine for me. ...and so on...

I don't need side blind zone or ugly back up sensors in the rear fascia, etc. To be honest, I might have ended up with the 2SS 1LE, but, in no way would I have waited around a year for it.

I bought the car from Jeff, but, am not defending his position because of that. The delta in price from our cars to a 2SS 1LE buys track wheels, track tires, spare pads, brake, etc. - or not...
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #97
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
The 1st 2SS 1LEs have been built. Just received the invoice on our first one.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #98
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
The 1st 2SS 1LEs have been built. Just received the invoice on our first one.
Ball park?
Just out of curiosity.
Boost Creep is offline   Reply With Quote