Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-08-2024, 11:31 AM   #1
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
AJ Hartman Aero

This guy is well know in that racing crowd!
Finally aero parts for the 6th Gen!

NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:17 PM   #2
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
He's a little late to the game, I watched the videos though and I am considering it in the future. Not this year though, trying to do gridlife and I don't want to be exchanging aero back and forth to run in different series.

Looking forward to anyone trying these though and seeing how it compares to stock laptime wise.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 12:45 PM   #3
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Looks really nice!
Old 01-08-2024, 02:53 PM   #4
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
He's a little late to the game, I watched the videos though and I am considering it in the future. Not this year though, trying to do gridlife and I don't want to be exchanging aero back and forth to run in different series.

Looking forward to anyone trying these though and seeing how it compares to stock laptime wise.
I got tons of of AIM Solo DL constitant laps. Maybe I be the beta
Old 01-08-2024, 05:54 PM   #5
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Pretty excited to see him release stuff for the 6th gen. AJ's stuff is top notch. Most likely will be making the switch for 25' season.
Old 01-08-2024, 09:35 PM   #6
el_d3sconocido

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Just saw the video and kicking myself now since my APR stuff came in two weeks ago
el_d3sconocido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 10:43 PM   #7
NickyRacerBoy

My APR 300 series wing for sale along with apr splitter...
Old 01-08-2024, 11:29 PM   #8
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
It's definitely some top notch kit. I'm hoping to replicate a bit of it myself. I'm disappointed he didn't add tunnels though, but he said he wanted to keep the kit simple for now.
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 03:39 PM   #9
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by eimarshall View Post
It's definitely some top notch kit. I'm hoping to replicate a bit of it myself. I'm disappointed he didn't add tunnels though, but he said he wanted to keep the kit simple for now.
I thought the same thing. But with the whole splitter blade being shaped and not just a flat blade. This will already increase the downforce quite a bit. over a flat blade
Old 01-09-2024, 07:28 PM   #10
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I asked him about the tunnels when I first saw he was going to make a splitter and there really isn't much room due to the side coolers in front of the tires. He said that would take too much work and wanted the install to be more of a bolt on. You could always try doing extra work on it to add some of his tunnels he sells. I also would like for it to be a quick release type to make it easier to put the car on the trailer. That just adds cost and complexity.
Old 01-10-2024, 03:27 PM   #11
eimarshall

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE Hyperblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
I asked him about the tunnels when I first saw he was going to make a splitter and there really isn't much room due to the side coolers in front of the tires. He said that would take too much work and wanted the install to be more of a bolt on. You could always try doing extra work on it to add some of his tunnels he sells. I also would like for it to be a quick release type to make it easier to put the car on the trailer. That just adds cost and complexity.
Yeah, I know there is no way his larger tunnels would fit(Mustang just has a ton more nose/overhang) but I was hoping he'd fit something(so I could adjust/improve my plans....).
I built my splitter last year and made it removeable by hanging a couple of door latches off the bottom of the trans cooler mount and making slots for elevator bolts to hold the rear. It was just 1/2" plywood but I'm re-making it out of carbon with a foam core(a la AJ Hartman). I also designed a pair of tunnels for either side to fit under the coolers. I just 3D printed the plugs to make molds. I should probably start a build thread at this point......
eimarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 09:34 PM   #12
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Yeah, I know there is no way his larger tunnels would fit(Mustang just has a ton more nose/overhang) but I was hoping he'd fit something(so I could adjust/improve my plans....).
I built my splitter last year and made it removeable by hanging a couple of door latches off the bottom of the trans cooler mount and making slots for elevator bolts to hold the rear. It was just 1/2" plywood but I'm re-making it out of carbon with a foam core(a la AJ Hartman). I also designed a pair of tunnels for either side to fit under the coolers. I just 3D printed the plugs to make molds. I should probably start a build thread at this point......

Would love see you mods!!!