Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2016, 07:41 AM   #435
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorboy8769 View Post
I'm not defending the guy but that statement also goes for the truck intentionally blocking the guy next to the semi. In a hurry or not that drives me nuts when people do that. Passing in the median was stupid I also get why the truck was mad but take it off the road... Pull over beat each other whatever could have saved the accident for sure.

I was simply stating left lane drivers who believe they live in a free country and can drive in whatever lane they want are wrong. The guy in a hurry might have an emergency not defending the idiot for what he did.
Not defending anyone here, and it's been said, like 30 pages ago, however, keep in mind that the posted speed limit is the same for the left lane. So, just because somebody in the left lane wants to break the law and go faster, doesn't mean the person in front of them is a douchebag for not doing so.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #436
Taigas

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT RS
http://www.wkbw.com/news/police-blot...r-causes-crash

In case no one else has.
Taigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #437
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
What a fiing asshole. It was clear the big rig and the truck were sick of his ass riding and blocked him in. Instead of just seeing he was not king chit of turd mountain and letting it go, our idiot pushed a median pass through poor traction and causes a big wreck.

It's stuff like this that makes me sick and tired.

To be fair, I get blocked in all the time on the Interstate for doing nothing more than using the passing lane for its intended purpose and driving a Muscle Car (and it's usually by SUVs and beater pickups).

So yeah, the Camaro driver was a DB. But the fact remains, Road Rage is road rage. Blocking someone in is just a p**** passive aggressive form of it.

The left lane is a PASSING lane on the Interstate. Why the **** don't people understand this anymore? Maybe 10% of the population recognizes this and will go back to the right lane when they can. The rest could give a ****

The only country with worse drivers is India. And WE are the only country that as a collective believes we're so damned important that we don't need to follow the rules and courtesies of the road.

And what moron continues to mess with someone who is obviously driving dangerously? Let the dude pass so he becomes another person's problem up the road.

Last edited by Criticalmass; 04-20-2016 at 08:25 AM.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:43 AM   #438
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMY1LE View Post
I've been driving tractor trailers for 33 years as a side job and have seen just about everything. I've never driven like it was 4000 lbs, never had an accident either. There is something to be said about "defensive driving", sometimes you have to swallow your pride and give the idiots room. A true professional driver will do everything possible to remove themselves from situations such as this.

Not sure how you would have seen somebody in distress in the car from that footage, that was my point, there is no way of knowing !

This. +1
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #439
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigas View Post
Thanks for this. Camaro driver was DRUNK (0.19 is piss drunk) and had no license.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #440
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Not defending anyone here, and it's been said, like 30 pages ago, however, keep in mind that the posted speed limit is the same for the left lane. So, just because somebody in the left lane wants to break the law and go faster, doesn't mean the person in front of them is a douchebag for not doing so.
Yes it does, without question, and is a ticketable offense in the State of GA and others. Get real guy. Do they hand out tickets for 75 in a 70? No where I have ever been is that the case. So if you want to sit in the left lane and do 70 MPH you are 100% being a douchebag of the highest order. Now notice I said sit in the left lane doing that. If you are there at 70 MPH making your way past slower traffic in the right lane, it is not a problem. You should be given space and time to make your pass.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:39 PM   #441
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
The best part is that he signaled that he was going into the grass/shoulder for his pass! LOLOLOL!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #442
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Yes it does, without question, and is a ticketable offense in the State of GA and others. Get real guy. Do they hand out tickets for 75 in a 70? No where I have ever been is that the case. So if you want to sit in the left lane and do 70 MPH you are 100% being a douchebag of the highest order. Now notice I said sit in the left lane doing that. If you are there at 70 MPH making your way past slower traffic in the right lane, it is not a problem. You should be given space and time to make your pass.
Agreed. There are states with laws that state that if you are driving in the left lane, and you are impeding traffic, no matter what speed you are going or they are going, you could get a ticket for it.
Now, they probably would get a speeding ticket also, but you could for holding up traffic.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #443
Motorboy8769

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I don't fault the truck driver for not stomping on his brakes to let the car-driving ass-hat squeeze his car into what was probably less than a 1.5 car-length space. Watch from about 0:32 and pay attention to the shadow of the vehicle in front of the truck driver.

The 18-wheeler was likely on cruise control, and you just can't expect 18 wheels and 80,000 lbs to be driven like a 4000 lb 4-wheeler. My son drives an 18-wheel box and my son-in-law runs an 18 wheel flatbed. What I hear from them bothers me. What I don't scares me.

I saw no evidence of "medical emergency". If that was the case, why didn't the car driver take to the right side around the 18-wheeler in the first place? Like, go where there isn't any traffic instead of where there is . . . dumbass.
Norm

Of course you saw no evidence of a medical emergency you were not in the car. You can't tell why the guy is in a hurry would you like him to tell you to pull over so he can explain why he is in a hurry...? Not trying to start a argument just stating you have no way of knowing.

There also was no lane to the right of the semi for him to pass either.
Motorboy8769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #444
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Of course you saw no evidence of a medical emergency you were not in the car. You can't tell why the guy is in a hurry would you like him to tell you to pull over so he can explain why he is in a hurry...? Not trying to start a argument just stating you have no way of knowing.

I think the medical emergency he was suffering from was actually a massive brain fart.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:33 AM   #445
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:

A medical emergency doesn't make it okay for him to put other lives in danger by driving like an "F"ing idiot. It was clear that he was passing those vehicles in front of him at all cost with no regard for anyone's life including his own. It's a same that he had to wreck the other two. That guy should lose his right to drive for ever. He's not responsible enough and doesn't have enough brains to operate a vehicle.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:21 AM   #446
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
Every car on the road is NOT going to be able to drive their own speed. You have to adapt and flow with traffic. If I'm doing 75, the 5 cars in front of me are doing 75, and the other lane are all doing 75, then you need to do 75. If you want to drive 80 by weaving in and out of lanes, then you are a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #447
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Didn't stop him from trying to make one out of the grass on the left now, did it? There is a narrow semblance of a breakdown lane to the right, and it's safe to assume that the CDL driver would have handled an improper pass to his right better than the Camaro driver did in attempting a pass well off on the left.

I guess it turned out that the only "medical emergency" was whether Mr. 0.19BAC was going to be able to get to his destination without passing out first.

Norm
Old 04-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #448
Motorboy8769

Drives: 2015 2ss
I see what you are saying pass him in the shoulder. Was not sure what you were getting at.
Also when I am talking about having an emergency I'm not saying it gives you the right to endanger everyone else on the road. However if people did not cruise in the left lane it wouldn't be a problem. I was saying the being in a hurry could be due to an emergency in some cases and left lane drivers have no right to impede you from getting where you need to be in a hurry.
Motorboy8769 is offline   Reply With Quote