Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2015, 06:47 PM   #1569
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Yah, drives much better now for me but still reluctant to shift down. Dealer called and offered to get me out of lease after a year, coming up in 6 weeks, I may do that.
Haven't driven a vehicle with such unrefined driving characteristics since 1993. Test drive the diesel at that point. and drive that for a day or two.
Now that winter is here there is another piss off about this truck. 4wD. There is no auto mode and god damn, driving around in 4hi feels like there are detroit lockers in the front. Skipps around corners, feels like it doesn't want to turn. sheesh.
I'll be trading at the next decent opportunity. I'm done with this shifting BS. My daily driver has to deal with heavy stop and go traffic and this truck is definitely not for that.

I hear ya on 4wd too. For the short times I've used it the turns were tough.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:56 AM   #1570
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Wow seriously? I was actually thinking of getting one is these trucks as a DD. Glad I saw your post Mike.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #1571
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Disappointing to see you guys are having issues.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 PM   #1572
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
This is why GM should have included a 6speed MANUAL.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:53 AM   #1573
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Phillip seems to be a spammer who started legit posting but sometimes still spams for MuscleCarzone or whatever.
It's just a page I liked on facebook that post interesting things and I do occasionally post links here, that's true. What's the harm? I'll stop if it bothers you.
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #1574
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Yah, drives much better now for me but still reluctant to shift down. Dealer called and offered to get me out of lease after a year, coming up in 6 weeks, I may do that.
Haven't driven a vehicle with such unrefined driving characteristics since 1993. Test drive the diesel at that point. and drive that for a day or two.
Now that winter is here there is another piss off about this truck. 4wD. There is no auto mode and god damn, driving around in 4hi feels like there are detroit lockers in the front. Skipps around corners, feels like it doesn't want to turn. sheesh.
Traded my Colorado on a Silverado High Country yesterday. Black, crew cab short box, loaded. Glad to be rid of it and could not be happier with the new truck. Nicest interior ever. Drives like a dream. A loaded diesel Colorado was going to cost 50k Canadian. Got this fully loaded full size for 58k at 0% interest.

GM is lucky I stayed with them after this fiasco. Rushed to market Colorado with all sorts of driveability issues, no integrated brake controller or universal garage door remote. C'mon GM. Fail!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #1575
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Traded my Colorado on a Silverado High Country yesterday. Black, crew cab short box, loaded. Glad to be rid of it and could not be happier with the new truck. Nicest interior ever. Drives like a dream. A loaded diesel Colorado was going to cost 50k Canadian. Got this fully loaded full size for 58k at 0% interest.

GM is lucky I stayed with them after this fiasco. Rushed to market Colorado with all sorts of driveability issues, no integrated brake controller or universal garage door remote. C'mon GM. Fail!
So coming from the Colorado to the Silverado, can you comment on the size difference? Overall experience parking, etc.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:29 AM   #1576
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:

Good deal... look forward to your review after some time in the seat. I did find a way to help with my downshifting problem. When I get in heavy stop and go traffic I hit the tow/haul button and drive that way. Much better but still BS they haven't fixed this issue. You're going to love the high country. I hope to be right behind you on that one.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:27 AM   #1577
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sad that the shifting issue is really so bad that people are trading them away due to this issue. Is GM getting the word on this? They need to. I've heard local owners say the same thing.

I don't understand why a simple transmission tune couldn't fix this. I realize there was a change done to the tune a while ago, but I guess that never fully fixed the issue?

I still want this truck eventually. It will be used, and no, I don't want a fullsize truck. You guys trading for a full size...did you REALLY want a full size, or did you just want to stick with GM and had no other choice? For me, if you want full size...just get full size and be done. For those like me that don't need a fullsize, I'd rather deal with some (hopefully not too annoying) issues from time to time. I just hope they can make an update by then.

Again, a new tune sounds so easy to me, but maybe they can't get it to work perfect without giving up 1 mpg highway or city and maybe that's the hold up?

Who knows. A used Tacoma or Frontier won't cut it for me....don't care for them.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #1578
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
So coming from the Colorado to the Silverado, can you comment on the size difference? Overall experience parking, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Sad that the shifting issue is really so bad that people are trading them away due to this issue. Is GM getting the word on this? They need to. I've heard local owners say the same thing.

I don't understand why a simple transmission tune couldn't fix this. I realize there was a change done to the tune a while ago, but I guess that never fully fixed the issue?

I still want this truck eventually. It will be used, and no, I don't want a fullsize truck. You guys trading for a full size...did you REALLY want a full size, or did you just want to stick with GM and had no other choice? For me, if you want full size...just get full size and be done. For those like me that don't need a fullsize, I'd rather deal with some (hopefully not too annoying) issues from time to time. I just hope they can make an update by then.

Again, a new tune sounds so easy to me, but maybe they can't get it to work perfect without giving up 1 mpg highway or city and maybe that's the hold up?

Who knows. A used Tacoma or Frontier won't cut it for me....don't care for them.

As I have said earlier in this thread

"They aren't much smaller than a full size. A colorado Crew Cab is 225" long, a Silverado double Cab is 230" only 5 inches longer, and the full size only 6 inches wider. That to me isn't a huge difference in size."

Those aren't huge differences in size if you ask me. And the interior dimensions are pretty similar as well. So I wouldn't think they would be to different in terms of driving. But I have not driven a colorado so I can't really compare though

it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #1579
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Big difference in size. Those numbers may look short on paper but the are big. Especially the width. Way more room in the cab of the Silverado.

I love this truck more than my Camaro guys, seriously. I traded a 2011 Silverado on the Colorado, no stranger to half tons and they have solved every niggly issue I had with my 2011.
Spray in bed liner! Yay, no more stuff sliding around on the slippery assed drop in box liner.
That headlamp, 4x4 and trailer brake controller are all on the left side, up by the vent instead of at the bottom of the dash by your left knee, yay!
Universal home remote and integrated trailer brake controller are not even offered in the Colorado. I wtf'ed at that when I bought it.
Power folding mirrors are nice for parking in my garage and drive through windows
The nav/infotainment system is leap years better than my 2011, identical to the Colorado's though.
Bose stereo sounds great, better than the Bose in my 2011.
The saddle leather interior on the high country edition is jaw dropping gorgeous. Cooled seats yay! I am sick and tired of black leather interiors.
Instrument cluster is killer looking, color lcd is very nice too.
Forward and reverse parking sensors as well as collision alert and lane departure alert.
The dish in the armrest is an induction charger for your smart phone, yay! No more plugging in.
This thing drives very nice, quiet and smooth, they managed to put a bit of growl into the exhaust when you get into it though, something the 2011 5.3's did not have.
I can drive around in 4wd and not even notice the front hubs are locked in. Colorado would barely turn a corner in 4wd.
Anyhoo, the Colorado was the most unrefined vehicle I've owned since my 1978 Mercury Monarch beater wagon. My 1991 Buick century beater wagon was nicer to drive than the Colorado, sheesh. GM missed the boat in my opinion. Wound up hating driving it.
I was 3k upside down on my lease but the dealer ate it and paid it out in full. My Silverado is a 2015, got it for $7500 off sticker and 0% financing.
Insurance on the Silverado is only $5 more a month.
The sunroof on my 2011 has a mesh screen slider that still let a ton of light in when closed, the 2015 has a solid cloth slider, yay.

Last edited by willhe64; 02-01-2016 at 04:57 PM.
willhe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:05 PM   #1580
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

From what I've heard tuning helps but not completely.

and no I don't really want a full size (have a Tahoe) except for the fact the console in the Colorado takes up a lot of space especially with the shifter on the floor. Interior room and everything Will just said.

The Colorado is no where near the size of the Silverado. All the guys I work with live out in the sticks of Texas and drive full size trucks. They have to park in a different section of the parking garage downtown because they don't fit with the rest of the cars like my truck does.

I would gladly take back my 4cyl 2011 Colorado. Just put a nice radio in it and it would be up to par with all the things needed in a small truck with more interior room too. I upgraded because I liked my 2011 but can't wait to get rid of it now.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:46 PM   #1581
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
My tuner guy has solved the transmission issue. I'm just waiting on the time as to when I can have him load my tune.

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:47 AM   #1582
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Appreciate the feedback. I'm driving a 2006 Colorado 4x4 Z71 Crew right now. It gets the job done, but is getting up there in miles (although I expect it to last me a good while yet). I just don't care for the ride quality, and its weak on power.

I am...(was?) really looking forward to getting into a 2nd gen Colorado or Canyon in a year or two. I want it to be a good truck, b/c I feel like I don't have many other options. Sure...there are several other options, but none of them leave me satisfied in terms of what I really want/need in a truck.

Blue10CamaroSS....you'll have to let us know how this tune works out for you.