Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #113
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
That's the seats though. There's no mention of the suede dash, which may just be an omittance, but it does clearly say leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with no mention of an optional suede surface.
This whole deal with the people that don't like the suede really has me thinking. I still don't understand the position against it. It's like people refuse to see it has a function more than form. I think it's great at both, and really adds another element of class and quality to the interior. I mean - if people are fine with plastic covering the entire dash in their car - no problem. I'm just hoping GM doesn't see these posts and not see the ones who are in complete support of it being an option. I wouldn't want that taken off of my spec' sheet just because people don't recognize it's performance benefits.

/rant

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #114
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
This whole deal with the people that don't like the suede really has me thinking. I still don't understand the position against it. It's like people refuse to see it has a function more than form. I think it's great at both, and really adds another element of class and quality to the interior. I mean - if people are fine with plastic covering the entire dash in their car - no problem. I'm just hoping GM doesn't see these posts and not see the ones who are in complete support of it being an option. I wouldn't want that taken off of my spec' sheet just because people don't recognize it's performance benefits.

/rant
I agree 100%. As soon as I sat in a CTS-V with the suede appointed seats and steering wheel, all concerns went out the window and I knew it was something I really wanted.

I don't think this dealer brochure really determines if the suede wheel and shifter will or won't be available so I won't get worked up over nothing... yet
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #115
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I agree 100%. As soon as I sat in a CTS-V with the suede appointed seats and steering wheel, all concerns went out the window and I knew it was something I really wanted.

I don't think this dealer brochure really determines if the suede wheel and shifter will or won't be available so I won't get worked up over nothing... yet

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #116
mondain

Drives: toyota
I personally think it's hilariously short-sighted how people dismiss the suede interior without ever having touched it in a ZL1.

And, seriously, if suede is such an egregious offense against you by GM, please stand to the side of the line while I get my ZL1. Thank you.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #117
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondain View Post
I personally think it's hilariously short-sighted how people dismiss the suede interior without ever having touched it in a ZL1.

And, seriously, if suede is such an egregious offense against you by GM, please stand to the side of the line while I get my ZL1. Thank you.
Can I admit this is what I'm really thinking?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #118
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
I would like to see the suede in person, I may take the train up to the NYC car show if it's on display thier. I'm thinking perhaps the seats and the steering wheel and the shifter would be nice. But on the dash and other area's I would most likely pull out the suede for the carbon fiber look. The suede and some better lighting, plus some nice after market floor mats would look pretty sweet. The steering wheel is kinda 50/50 if I go with the suede option at this point.

I have to check with my chevy dealer and see if he has an extra copy of that dealers only info sheet about the ZL1, that would be a pretty cool piece of script to have for memory lane down the road.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #119
chvyman

Drives: 2SS 45TH,gfx,blade spoiler,h grille
no red jewel tint coat
chvyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #120
thok mcbeefstew

Drives: 01 Silverado Z-71 / 2011 Suburban
Suede? I'm not sure that is a bid discussion point. MORE IMPORTANTLY when are they going to let the group know this engine is closer to 600hp then 550hp. Either way, I'm buying it.
thok mcbeefstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #121
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:

Agreed. At first I didn't care for the "Eddie Bauer" interior, But I certainly liked it in the CTS-V. It adds an option to the Camaro where it's been lacking option choices before; the interior.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #122
ajayniceg8

Drives: pontiac g8
the front bumper sure looks like the holden !!!!!!
ajayniceg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #123
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
When I picked up the brochure, I noticed they didn't list the new color for 2012; Carbon Flash Metallic (aka Black Granite)
But they do list the back-up camera system.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:22 PM   #124
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Here are the dealers forms for ordering a SLP ZL1. I think the 2012 Chevy ZL1 is a much better car overall. It is far better looking, and is a great value compared to this limited edition. Compare the specs and you be the judge.
Attached Images

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 02-26-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: put wrong page on
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #125
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
My buddy went to the Auto Expo here in Cincinnati, he said they had a white ZL1 and it was stickered at $145,000.
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #126
Karen SS
Mrs SS

Drives: 2SS/RS Black IO Int IO stripe
?

So was it a SLP car?
GM hasn't released any pricing yet
Karen SS is offline   Reply With Quote