Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #869
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
lol srry couldn't help myself :P
Old 08-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #870
jayman

Drives: 09 dodge ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
The Z shouldnt be held out for the Alpha platform, why should it be excluded from the Zeta platform? If you can have this amazing performance right now then whyput it off so it can be the exact same thing on a different platform a couple years from now? And who's to say the Alpha platform will be for the 2012 model? As far as i know thats just speculation right now, for all we know it could follow normal Camaro progression and be 2020 before the Alpha is released, since Camaro updates like to work in sets of 10 haha.

Can we just please enjoy the Camaro as we have it now? It was amazing when it first came out and now everyone's calling it crap for the Alpha model, and once the Alpha model comes out everyone will be calling THAT crap for the next big update, so lets just enjoy what we have and what we can have and if we can have the Z28 then damnit lets have it haha
I don't think it will start on the alpha platform. From one of the interviews it was mentioned that the z28 would "make the transition" to the alpha platform which to me means that it will be out on the current zeta platform now. And the 2011 gt500 lost about 100 pounds from the front end so thats kinda a big deal. All the mags that have tested it say that it now handles like it should have from the start and that a lot of the push is gone in the corners now.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #871
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
I don't think it will start on the alpha platform. From one of the interviews it was mentioned that the z28 would "make the transition" to the alpha platform which to me means that it will be out on the current zeta platform now. And the 2011 gt500 lost about 100 pounds from the front end so thats kinda a big deal. All the mags that have tested it say that it now handles like it should have from the start and that a lot of the push is gone in the corners now.
Chevy's got their work cut out for them but I have faith

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:49 PM   #872
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thok mcbeefstew View Post
We can read this one which I posted under "what I think the z28 will be."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-exec-...-for-2012.html

or more importantly:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6650713/...pha/index.html

seems to me that the alpha platform has potential to be in the 2012 z28. Unless I'm just reading what I want to read and thinking it will be on the 2012.
I see mention of 2012 Z28, and of Alpha. But nowhere do I see 2012 Alpha.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #873
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Z28...

Something wicked this way comes...
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #874
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
When I'm done the Z28 won't be able to keep up anyway, so don't really care. However, kinda' like the loose fitting bra'. Anyone know the brand? LOL
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #875
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
When I'm done the Z28 won't be able to keep up anyway, so don't really care. However, kinda' like the loose fitting bra'. Anyone know the brand? LOL
and when someone that has the z28 starts modding your car won't be able to keep up with it. but then it becomes who has the bigger pocketbook.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #876
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
is it me or this car was way to over hyped. Its the same exact car that im driving and wow same interior. Im now for sure gonna use the money i was saving to buy this car to buy a supper charger
Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #877
jayman

Drives: 09 dodge ram
It will have an upgraded interior when it is released so its not the same interior. And it will be FAR from the exact same thing you are driving now.
jayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 PM   #878
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberafik View Post
is it me or this car was way to over hyped. Its the same exact car that im driving and wow same interior. Im now for sure gonna use the money i was saving to buy this car to buy a supper charger
You have a supercharged engine, a beefier transmission, CTS-V brakes, and an upgraded suspension? And got GM to cover all of it with their factory warranty? Then of course there are the external changes, such as the exhaust, lighter wheels, and whatever is camo'd up along the front, side, and rear.

I must say, I'm impressed.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #879
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
basing the decision off a prototype is kinda why we need a jump to conclusions mat.

same thing people said when they saw a few of the pre-pro camaros running around with the pre-pro headlights. we don't know what it will end up looking like. . .wait till we see the finished product before you jump to a conclusion.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #880
aberafik
MURDER SS

Ill just wait for the 6th Gen. I hate to start all over on the mods. I just cant see myself buying a 60,000 dollar car that has the same body style. Where I can just add a super Charger and suspension for less then 10,000 dollars. But for a person that doesnt own a Camaro I say go get the Z-28 but for a person on a budget in 2012 if we all still alive and the world doesnt end. I will tell that person go buy a used 2009 or 2010 Camaro SS and Trow a SuperCharger and youll have it for less then 26k instead of paying 60,000.

And if i come across 60 thousand dollars that I find under my bed I still would not buy a Z-28 I would buy a 69 ss done up to the fullest
Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #881
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Ill just wait for the 6th Gen. I hate to start all over on the mods. I just cant see myself buying a 60,000 dollar car that has the same body style. Where I can just add a super Charger and suspension for less then 10,000 dollars. But for a person that doesnt own a Camaro I say go get the Z-28 but for a person on a budget in 2012 if we all still alive and the world doesnt end. I will tell that person go buy a used 2009 or 2010 Camaro SS and Trow a SuperCharger and youll have it for less then 26k instead of paying 60,000.

And if i come across 60 thousand dollars that I find under my bed I still would not buy a Z-28 I would buy a 69 ss done up to the fullest
Well, it wouldn't make sense for you. Apparently, your car is already the exact same as a Z28.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #882
aberafik
MURDER SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Well, it wouldn't make sense for you. Apparently, your car is already the exact same as a Z28.
If you own a Camaro you will understand. Im not talking down on it, but as a Camaro owner why should I change the shoe when it already fits. For you and when you do get the Z-28 it will be the sickest car ever, Even better then my SS. And I will Congrad you on your dream car.

Tags
2012 camaro hp edition, 2012 camaro hp model, 2012 camaro z-28, 2012 camaro z28, 2012 z-28, 2012 z28, 2013 camaro hp edition, 2013 camaro hp model, 2013 camaro z-28, 2013 camaro z28, camaro hp edition, camaro hp edition model, camaro hp model, camaro z28 hp, camaro z28 hp edition, chevy camaro hp edition, new camaro z-28, new camaro z28, new z-28, new z28