Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 12-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Miami11

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Both USB ports not working

Hi everyone..have had my 2017 2SS for 3 days and both usb ports stopped working..tried 2 different cables,swapped around restarted the car no help..Android auto wont connect nor does the Phone charge...Anyone else experience this before? didnt see a fuse listed in the Owners manual..thanks
Miami11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
seattle2ss

Drives: Black 2SS 6sp MRC
I ran into the same issue. I went online and read the following answer that worked for me. I disconnected the negative battery wire in the trunk behind the removable panel. I left it disconnected for a couple of hours and started the car and the USB ports had been reset. I heard you can touch the negative and positive battery cable's together for an instant reset, but getting to the positive one wasn't easy. The great thing is that the radio settings weren't lost and I can use my Apple Car play now
seattle2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
Maiden Rush

Drives: '17 SS H50
3 days??? Better get on the phone with the dealer and make an appointment to get it looked at. And please don't touch the battery terminals together.
Maiden Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
camex

Drives: Sold
Check out your phone for any system update.
I have an Iphone and same problem month ago but updated for a newer version of software then it works again.
camex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:27 AM   #5
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle2ss View Post
I ran into the same issue. I went online and read the following answer that worked for me. I disconnected the negative battery wire in the trunk behind the removable panel. I left it disconnected for a couple of hours and started the car and the USB ports had been reset. I heard you can touch the negative and positive battery cable's together for an instant reset, but getting to the positive one wasn't easy. The great thing is that the radio settings weren't lost and I can use my Apple Car play now
When in doubt, reboot.
Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #6
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...ight=usb+power
Old 12-04-2016, 12:46 AM   #7
Miami11

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Thanks for all the help!! I actually got ready to disconnect the negative terminal after the car sat for 8.5 hrs while I was working..and both ports were working again! Same result to work and back today..so must have been a glitch..thanks for the replies Its much appreciated
Miami11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #8
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Fix confirmed

My ports stopped working a week ago (about a year since I got the car). I disconnected the battery for about an hour and the next day it was fixed! DO NOT make the dumb mistake I did and close the trunk with the battery disconnected lol
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:52 AM   #9
Abadrs

Drives: 2016 1SS
I know this thread is s year old but mine started doing same thing. My car doesn't have android auto so I'm waiting for days off and nicer weather to take back to dealership to have that loaded but when I first got car a 2016 1SS THE USB ports worked. I have a good Samsung cable do that's not it. Where or what is the fuse for the usb ports? Also is it really necessary to leave ground cable off for a few hours. Seems a bit excessive. Thanx
Abadrs is offline   Reply With Quote