Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-02-2018, 06:45 AM   #43
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
And that is perfectly fine. The number one objective with any purchase such as a Camaro is that YOU enjoy it. They all handle very well and none of them are slow by any measure.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:17 AM   #44
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
I would think re-sale value of a V6 would really hurt compared with the V8.
Funny enough, that was one of my wife's points - even though she insisted we would never sell or trade in the Camaro.

When we went looking for the Camaro I really planned to get the V6 - mostly to save on the purchase cost. The MPG were really a wash between the V6 and V8. I even drove the RS and SS back to back and thought the V6 had plenty of power for what I need. My wife insisted on the Camaro SS convertible in white. The only thing she didn't get what she wanted was the red interior.

Now we've only had the Camaro for a month and I only put 400 miles on it. But on the rare occasion I've stepped on the gas (within break-in period guidelines!) the V8 makes me smile and even literally laugh out loud with joy. I'm pretty sure the V6 could never create that level of enjoyment. YMMV

Last edited by Silverado57; 12-02-2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: typo
Silverado57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #45
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
And that is perfectly fine. The number one objective with any purchase such as a Camaro is that YOU enjoy it. They all handle very well and none of them are slow by any measure.
Really? Dude my bone stock 2016 ctsv is a total dog and is a supercharged lt4. We (buddies and I) were bored af last night and went out to Mexico til 3am this morning doing a bunch of rolls etc and my V was abt the slowest thing out there. I'm not kidding at all either so I couldn't even imagine a V6 or T4 being fast lol. I'm not hating just saying what it is and yeah my V is probably getting sold shortly tbh and replaced with a trackhawk.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #46
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Really? Dude my bone stock 2016 ctsv is a total dog and is a supercharged lt4. We (buddies and I) were bored af last night and went out to Mexico til 3am this morning doing a bunch of rolls etc and my V was abt the slowest thing out there. I'm not kidding at all either so I couldn't even imagine a V6 or T4 being fast lol. I'm not hating just saying what it is and yeah my V is probably getting sold shortly tbh and replaced with a trackhawk.
yeah,if i was still racing i would have wanted the V8.but it would be awkward for grandma to explain to my grandkids that i was in jail for street racing,which here in florida is a felony and will also cause your car to be impounded/loss of liscense.since ive grown up thats just not something i want to do.and dont tell me the SS will get 20 mpg when driven hard,i just dont buy that.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:34 AM   #47
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
currently driving a 2015 RS(V6).holding the right pedal down for very long isnt a good idea unless you like tickets.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #48
redcoats1976

anything much over 100 will get you in trouble these days.back in the day i enjoyed nothing more than a good street race,but times have changed,and i need to set a good example for my grandkids.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #49
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
anything much over 100 will get you in trouble these days.back in the day i enjoyed nothing more than a good street race,but times have changed,and i need to set a good example for my grandkids.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:24 AM   #50
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I started looking at Camaros because of the 4-cyl 1LE.

I was thinking about flex-fuel and maybe a larger turbo, it would still probably be less power vs an SS but lighter weight by quite a bit, 50/50 weight distribution and decent fuel economy.

Pricing out a '19 with 1LE, Recaros and a couple extras brought it within a few grand of a brand new '18 SS 1LE, which I could get for more than $5k off msrp. It was not a difficult decision.

So far I'm very happy with the SS 1LE. As was mentioned it doesn't care nearly as much as other cars about added weight. I'm a big mt biker and I can have 2 bikes, 2 people + all the gear in the car and it's not a big deal. My previous car would struggle with the added weight and get significantly reduced fuel economy. I recently got 28 mpg in my 1LE cruising home from a ride loaded up. I couldn't believe it.

OTOH... short trips, stop and go, and spirited driving can really suck the gas down. Despite good hwy fuel economy overall it's about 20 mpg so far but I only have 1800 miles on it so far.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #51
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
yeah,if i was still racing i would have wanted the V8.but it would be awkward for grandma to explain to my grandkids that i was in jail for street racing,which here in florida is a felony and will also cause your car to be impounded/loss of liscense.since ive grown up thats just not something i want to do.and dont tell me the SS will get 20 mpg when driven hard,i just dont buy that.
It's not a felony unless you injure somebody in the event, secondly it's not a crime unless you are caught lol. My 6 months probation started Thursday for my 1st street racing case (1st offense ever) and yeah I went to jail for 22 miserable hours (back in February) and got deferred disposition etc no points, no loss of license, no jail time. My lawyer cost me 600.00 plus 300 to get my car out (09 bolt on cammed G8 gxp manual) and 22 hours of discomfort. I work at a well known performance shop in Houston so I was pretty much the last of 15 in our group plus a few customers to get snabbed in a 5 month period but is to be expected. I didn't blame anybody but myself and took my licks so to speak. I did go thru the "I'm selling my fun cars immediately" and getting something practical that won't get me in trouble and that cost me more $ than I can imagine bc it didn't last and I lost 3k selling my brand new 2017 Accord V6 Touring sedan that I only put 2500 miles on but absolutely hated driving anywhere.

But back to the point what is the point in having a fast/fun car if you don't enjoy it? I'm not a track guy and never will be. I'm too poor to have 240k worth of cars to drive the speed limit and not enjoy/use for their intended purpose (when appropriate), so yeah no T4 or V6 for me in this kind of car, I'd just get something safe and normal (Accord v6, camry v6, Altima v6, Focus rs) if I wanted practical but somewhat fun.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #52
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
It's not a felony unless you injure somebody in the event, secondly it's not a crime unless you are caught lol. My 6 months probation started Thursday for my 1st street racing case (1st offense ever) and yeah I went to jail for 22 miserable hours (back in February) and got deferred disposition etc no points, no loss of license, no jail time. My lawyer cost me 600.00 plus 300 to get my car out (09 bolt on cammed G8 gxp manual) and 22 hours of discomfort. I work at a well known performance shop in Houston so I was pretty much the last of 15 in our group plus a few customers to get snabbed in a 5 month period but is to be expected. I didn't blame anybody but myself and took my licks so to speak. I did go thru the "I'm selling my fun cars immediately" and getting something practical that won't get me in trouble and that cost me more $ than I can imagine bc it didn't last and I lost 3k selling my brand new 2017 Accord V6 Touring sedan that I only put 2500 miles on but absolutely hated driving anywhere.

But back to the point what is the point in having a fast/fun car if you don't enjoy it? I'm not a track guy and never will be. I'm too poor to have 240k worth of cars to drive the speed limit and not enjoy/use for their intended purpose (when appropriate), so yeah no T4 or V6 for me in this kind of car, I'd just get something safe and normal (Accord v6, camry v6, Altima v6, Focus rs) if I wanted practical but somewhat fun.
Where I live, street night at the drag strip costs $25.

Safe and legal.

I'm thinking street racing should cost you your license FOR LIFE. That will make us safe even if it doesn't knock some sense into you.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #53
redcoats1976

not sure thats the answer either.around here plenty of people drive without liscense which also means without insurance.in florida we had a bunch of fast and furious types racing very visibly on the clearwater causeway.lots of wrecks,a few deaths,and now it is a felony to race.to add insult to injury,the local 1/8 mile strip was bought up and repurposed,so theres no where within an hours drive to go for a little fun.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #54
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

It's different in Texas thank God. Hell I've been caught at least 4 different times and usually just given a verbal warning and told to take my ass home or else! Texas is race friendly so to speak and most le given most circumstances won't even ticket you.

As for the track how can you do a 50-150ish roll at a track? There are several reasons I'm not pro track. Last nigh/this morning was a fkn blast! No wrecks, no arrests, and about 60-80 badass fast cars doing rolls before we went to the dig spot, God bless Texas!!!
Old 12-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #55
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Mpg

Quote:
I get about 19 mpg's average and routinely drive my car hard. I just make sure to drive extra conservative when I'm not driving hard to make up for it lol.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 PM   #56
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
It's different in Texas thank God. Hell I've been caught at least 4 different times and usually just given a verbal warning and told to take my ass home or else! Texas is race friendly so to speak and most le given most circumstances won't even ticket you.

As for the track how can you do a 50-150ish roll at a track? There are several reasons I'm not pro track. Last nigh/this morning was a fkn blast! No wrecks, no arrests, and about 60-80 badass fast cars doing rolls before we went to the dig spot, God bless Texas!!!
Are you 16?
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote