Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2024, 10:28 PM   #15
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Bent one of my MRR 716's and instead of spending $4k-5k for another set of wheels (they don't make the 716 anymore) and Conti or PS4's, I did these on my OEM ZL1 wheels. The age worried me but they look good. Gonna put a couple thousand on them and see how they hold up. But after a little break-in they seem just fine. Couldn't argue with $800.
The tires had no cracks or anything that would indicate that it is 3-4 years old. Looked brand new.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:57 AM   #16
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
The tires had no cracks or anything that would indicate that it is 3-4 years old. Looked brand new.
Yep, same here.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:40 AM   #17
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
Good friend is a Michelin materials engineer in Canada, so I pick his brain a lot. A tire that has cracks after 3-4 years would be a manufacturing defect.

Modern tire compounds will easily last 6 years of sun / weather exposure and perform as expected, and possibly quite a bit longer if garaged.

That said, he usually recommends replacement after 6 years or the wear bars showing.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote