Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Steering Wheel Stitching Undone at 30k Miles

Anyone else having this issue? I baby my car but the threads on the steering wheel stitching are hanging about an inch long now at only 30k miles. I always hear jokes about how Chevy has initial quality not not long term quality, and with how much time I’ve spent at the dealership lately I’m starting to wonder if it isn’t true... I always give dodge owners shit about “oh have fun having your car at the dealership all the time”, but yet I spend more time than expected...
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
guitarman8373

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro fully loaded.
It's hit or miss. At the end of the day, it is an assembly line car, not something hand built piece by piece. Doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when stuff like that happens tho.

Mine is a 2016 2ss as well and all stitching is still just as it was when it rolled off the assembly line. Unless yours wasn't taken care of prior?

Previous owners?

Sits in the sun?
Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #3
nbryant

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman8373 View Post
It's hit or miss. At the end of the day, it is an assembly line car, not something hand built piece by piece. Doesn't mean they shouldn't take care of you when stuff like that happens tho.

Mine is a 2016 2ss as well and all stitching is still just as it was when it rolled off the assembly line. Unless yours wasn't taken care of prior?

Previous owners?

Sits in the sun?

Same, here. Had the 2SS for two years now, no issues at all with the threads.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:24 PM   #4
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
I always hear jokes about how Chevy has initial quality not not long term quality, and with how much time I’ve spent at the dealership lately I’m starting to wonder if it isn’t true...
its not true

could someone have potentially unstitched it?

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Anyone else having this issue? I baby my car but the threads on the steering wheel stitching are hanging about an inch long now at only 30k miles. I always hear jokes about how Chevy has initial quality not not long term quality, and with how much time I’ve spent at the dealership lately I’m starting to wonder if it isn’t true... I always give dodge owners shit about “oh have fun having your car at the dealership all the time”, but yet I spend more time than expected...

No issues. Steering wheels are hand stitched. You just a got defect. My 11 was also stitched. Almost 60k miles before trading in on my current SS with almost 13k miles now. Never had any issues. Should be a warranty repair.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:34 PM   #6
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:

I can't say I have not had long term quality in my GM cars. I have been happy with all for the most part.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #7
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
I just noticed a thread hanging the other day.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:20 AM   #8
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Warranty repair
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote