Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
In a town like L.A., I would imagine that somewhere, probably in some corner of some seedy part of town, there is some guy that is a true guru of exhaust pipes, that loves old school hot rodding, and respects dead presidents more than EPA, that will do it after hours for you.

The only way to find this guy is through the grapevine, and you probably have to be introduced by someone that has had his work done before. The shop will be a mess, the guys working there will be rough and gruff, and the whole time you will be wondering if they are hacks that are going to just steal your money, or what your odds are of getting out of that part of town alive.

But you're not going to find him on the internet, and he certainly won't tell you over the phone, if he even answers the phone. I can only imaging the repercussions for getting caught doing this in California, it can be tough enough to get it done in states that don't even test for emissions.
While not as dramatic yeah your pretty much going to have to find someone who will do it after hours on the side or through a friend. Since it is illegal to remove the factory emissions equipment, I doubt any shop will tell you over the phone they can do it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
You are in California, they can lock you up for 20 years for doing that.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:33 PM   #17
SSDanny

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I walked into an exhaust shop (VERY well known in LA), with my catless headers in hand, and they went and deleted them all for me lol.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:41 PM   #18
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
or you could just install hi flow cats instead lol which is still technically illegal in cali