Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #29
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldunic View Post
I have indeed considered a Corvette. A GS or a Z06.

I also have an option for a 2015 GT-R for 85 000 $ (canadian).

Thank you for all the answer.

I guess a 2SS 1LE with a supercharger would do the job too? lol
Don't need the 2SS. The 1SS 1LE is more equipped than a standard 1SS. Suede, leather, recaros, hud, etc. all standard. The 1LE has been rightfully compared to super cars in the handling department. 1LE also has additional coolers, mag ride, multi mode exhaust and ride control, throttle and steering augmentation depending on mode, eLSD, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brembos, etc.

However, on the street, the performance wouldn't be a dramatic difference. Totally different story on the track.

As for a Corvette GS, about the same as a 1LE but the 1 LE has a small back seat and costs almost 20k less.

C7 GS = 0-60 in 3.9
1LE = 0-60 in 4.1

Heck, on the track, the SS 1LE is darn close to a Z06 and 3 seconds faster than even the 2018 mustang GT PP1 which is faster than a 2017 GT. 3 seconds is a lifetime on a track aka doors blown off...

See below:
Attached Images

Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #30
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaHyperblue2ss View Post
<--- Take it from someone who owned a Mustang and a Camaro.... If your trading in a 2016 mustang your going to take it in the shorts!!!!!! The money you will lose pays for that supercharger for your stang.. If you just want fun around town or the drag strip.. Keep ur stang get it supercharged or turbo charged add drag radials and you got a fun ride that will still turn heads.. Your a idiot to trade in a 2016 mustang gt for a 2017 camaro 1le unless you are rich or plan on being competitive in the local autocross events. Every month when I write a check to the bank for my overpriced camaro as I took it in the shorts doing what you plan on doing I ask myself what was i thinking.. I traded in a 2015 car at the time to special order my 2016 2ss
Overpriced Camaro? Compared to what? Lol

At least the SS1LE is one of the best bargains out there. Super car performance (not straight line, but overall) for 40k usd.

It hangs with or destroys 6 figure cars. Try finding another sub 60k stock car that can do that.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:50 PM   #31
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
Get the Z06 if a 2 seater works
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:14 AM   #32
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Don't need the 2SS. The 1SS 1LE is more equipped than a standard 1SS. Suede, leather, recaros, hud, etc. all standard. The 1LE has been rightfully compared to super cars in the handling department. 1LE also has additional coolers, mag ride, multi mode exhaust and ride control, throttle and steering augmentation depending on mode, eLSD, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brembos, etc.

However, on the street, the performance wouldn't be a dramatic difference. Totally different story on the track.

As for a Corvette GS, about the same as a 1LE but the 1 LE has a small back seat and costs almost 20k less.

C7 GS = 0-60 in 3.9
1LE = 0-60 in 4.1

Heck, on the track, the SS 1LE is darn close to a Z06 and 3 seconds faster than even the 2018 mustang GT PP1 which is faster than a 2017 GT. 3 seconds is a lifetime on a track aka doors blown off...

See below:
Man, this brings a tear to my eye.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:40 AM   #33
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
I went from a 2016 GT (non PP) to a 1LE (well, had an STi in between, but anyways...) and I'm very happy with the switch. The 1LE handles a million times better, and feels much stronger throughout the power band.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #34
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
Overpriced Camaro? Compared to what? Lol

At least the SS1LE is one of the best bargains out there. Super car performance (not straight line, but overall) for 40k usd.

It hangs with or destroys 6 figure cars. Try finding another sub 60k stock car that can do that.
So this guy should financially ruin himself on a trade in? Because it manhandles 6figure cars at Neuenbürg As everyday on his way to work he gets on that track and races those cars? The stang is a great car no reason to go upside down on a new camaro loan pay a extra 200 a month in payments to have one...

As I said before if he plans on being competitive entering a autocross league or rich he will never see the difference and just a waste to trade up for a 3 second faster car around a course in germany. If he just cruising the streets of his local town or hitting the drag strip a few times a year.

Stop being a Chevy fan boy and truly help this guy make a financial logical decision.
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:01 PM   #35
modru2004

Drives: 2018 2ss
Quote:
So this guy should financially ruin himself on a trade in? Because it manhandles 6figure cars at Neuenbürg As everyday on his way to work he gets on that track and races those cars? The stang is a great car no reason to go upside down on a new camaro loan pay a extra 200 a month in payments to have one...

As I said before if he plans on being competitive entering a autocross league or rich he will never see the difference and just a waste to trade up for a 3 second faster car around a course in germany. If he just cruising the streets of his local town or hitting the drag strip a few times a year.

Stop being a Chevy fan boy and truly help this guy make a financial logical decision.
well to be fair you are making a fair amount of assumptions about OP's situation. we don't know if hes upside down or not on the mustang. that being said is trading cars every few years a good financial decision? no. but if you have the disposable income it really doesn't matter. also if he was looking at zl1's and is now considering a c7 grand sport i don't think money is an issue for him.

but you are correct in that from a financial and practical stand point he is better off upgrading the mustang.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 PM   #36
JoshuaHyperblue2ss

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by modru2004 View Post
well to be fair you are making a fair amount of assumptions about OP's situation. we don't know if hes upside down or not on the mustang. that being said is trading cars every few years a good financial decision? no. but if you have the disposable income it really doesn't matter. also if he was looking at zl1's and is now considering a c7 grand sport i don't think money is an issue for him.

but you are correct in that from a financial and practical stand point he is better off upgrading the mustang.
ORIGINAl POST

Hi,

Apart from a big surprise, I won't be able to acquire a ZL1.

I currently have a 2016 Mustang GT PP.

I want a big step up in performance. In linear acceleration AND handling in curves.

There is a 2018 2SS 1LE at my dealer. Is it a good option for me?

I never tried a Camaro and they won't let me try in winter.

Keep in mind I moved up from a Mazda 2 to a GT PP so the step was enormous.

Thank you very much,

Koldunic

The guy started thread was not op. OP was just talking about how amazing the camaro is and saying he trade be getting a bargain to get camaro 1le.

The original owner of this thread is saying the ZL1 he can't swing and he stepped up from a MAZDA 2 to the GT.. so, I am thinking I am making a fair assessment?

Listening to people like OP and his great facts about how amazing this car is on paper got me to do what this gentleman is going to do. Make a huge financial mistake. Which as op points out i mean no brainer Camaro stock vs 16 stang stock camaro is a better car.. and like i said it all depends what this guys wants.. to be competitive corner road racer or is it a cruze car/ drag strip car? 90% of all sports car drivers never take it to a track/dragstrip. They usually think they are in mexico and do stop light to stop light runs. You can do 100 searches for sports car wrecks and they are all due to people being stupid racing it around a small corner Z06 to Lamborghini. No matter how great a car handles it should never be tested on the street.
Aesthetics:
15% 3m Tint all around/phastek full blackout kit
Debaged sides, Tinted inner tail lights, Black Bow Ties, 20 Black 5 spoke rims

Last edited by JoshuaHyperblue2ss; 03-09-2018 at 07:53 PM.
JoshuaHyperblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #37
Cgocifer

Quote:

Lol, whatever homie. Just like fake news how you twist my post into telling some dude to make a financial decision. I was replying to your nonsensical idea that the Camaro is overpriced. I was simply making a case that the Camaro is far from overpriced.

Chevy fan boy? Hardly. I'm no fan of any particular brand. In fact, the only Chevy I would ever buy is a Camaro 1LE, ZL1, Corvette GS or ZO6. I drive a Camaro, a RAM, and a 4Runner. I am a true automotive enthusiast and am a fan of a wide variety of makes and models, new and classic. Am I a fan of the Camaro 1LE? Yup, sure am along with many other vehicles.

Don't get all uptight with this guy or me because YOU made a crappy decision for your decision. Maybe next time, you'll do more research and planning and a cost benefit analysis of your situation.

Hey OP and other guy considering car choices, just do some test drives and make a decision that makes you happy. Don't listen to all the internet financial advisors. Im sure you are fully aware of your financial comfort levels. You only live once!
Old 03-10-2018, 12:30 AM   #38
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Get an SS. Doesn't matter which one, it's going to feel like a whole new animal compared to your mustang.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote