Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 07-26-2015, 12:01 AM   #15
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
The ordering manager at RK Chevrolet in Virginia beach who still believes orders can not be entered for the 6th gen right now told me he was going to tack on a 5k premium for the first few months while they are limited right to my face like it was ok. but then said don't worry I wont add that premium to yours :/. This is after 5 minutes of going back and forth on how orders cant be entered right now.

Im bringing my order sheet with me tomorrow from becky when I go to get my deposit back
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #16
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Webb Chevrolet in Oak Lawn, IL comes to mind. They're not afraid to do dealer mark ups. Kingdom Chevy in Chicago are a bunch of crooks, and have bad customer service.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM   #17
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Yeah run from these dealers! Amazing how in this day and age with forums/internet, they still try and pull this garbage, like nobody else is going to find out or say anything...little do they know how much power people like us have.
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #18
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The problem is that most of us Camaro enthusiasts know more about the car, every option, every single feature, every nut and bolt of every engine and transmission that will be available before the sales staff is even told about them.

Few people in car sales are actually car people and love cars like we do. To them it's a job, a pretty rough job, and sometimes very cut throat.

The industry needs to change. Even average, non-enthusiast customers are so much more educated about the car they are looking to buy than they were 10 years ago with the internet.

There are franchise laws in each state that dictate that a third party dealer must sell cars, not the manufacturer. That's why Tesla is having such a hard time breaking into some states. But I would love for the entire industry to adapt Tesla's sales format. It would eliminate these headaches of dealing with shady, lying weasels.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:30 AM   #19
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The problem is that most of us Camaro enthusiasts know more about the car, every option, every single feature, every nut and bolt of every engine and transmission that will be available before the sales staff is even told about them.

Few people in car sales are actually car people and love cars like we do. To them it's a job, a pretty rough job, and sometimes very cut throat.

The industry needs to change. Even average, non-enthusiast customers are so much more educated about the car they are looking to buy than they were 10 years ago with the internet.

There are franchise laws in each state that dictate that a third party dealer must sell cars, not the manufacturer. That's why Tesla is having such a hard time breaking into some states. But I would love for the entire industry to adapt Tesla's sales format. It would eliminate these headaches of dealing with shady, lying weasels.
You said it! I would love to buy directly from GM, not a dealer! I could have ordered this car via the internet and been done with it in 5 minutes. Just more government BS regulations so they can "pretend" they are actually protecting us the consumers, but really just want their grubby hands in everything for power and control!...sorry went off on my government rant for a sec. lol.

Last edited by SSport16; 07-27-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Spelling error
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote