Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
I'm kinda partial to Oshawa builds. My last four vehicles were born there--Camaro, 2 Impalas, and a Grand Prix. All were (are) outstanding quality! Quality is a "learned" process and can be transferred. Hope GM keeps Oshawa at the forefront.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #30
Ajax Inferno

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS & 2011 Cruze LS+
I'm sad to see the move of Camaro out of Oshawa. I live a couple kilometers from the plant. it was awesome to drive by the lot where the cars are parked waiting to have the stripes applied... see some of the first production runs of the ZL1 drive by. When I drive by in my SS there's a lot of pride!

There are valid and logical reasons for the move into the US. Though I'm sure many Canadian workers here feel it's just the same old "American Jobs Now" mentality of the corporation. I'm hopeful the incoming product lines into Oshawa will keep the workers going here. We need the jobs as much as anyone else.

I'm happy to see the US workers getting the needed jobs as well, believe me. We all need it!! I'm sure the workers will put as much pride into the 6th Gen Camaro coming up as the workers in Oshawa have with the 5th generation. I've talked to several and they are beaming with pride.

Heck my 2011 Cruze is made in OH and I can't say anything bad about my daily driver. It rocks too!

So please ladies and gentlemen, no bashing or bragging as I've seen in prior posts.... Camaro is and continues to be a fantastic car, no mater where it's made.... it's made with pride!
Ajax Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #31
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
I'm a Canadian and I regret this decision. I'm proud to own a Canadian built Camaro. I visited the plant in 2011 and we felt that the empoyes where very proud of their plant. But as the economy changes all of the time, I can't be against that. As long as they keep the Oshawa plant live, their role is to build cars. GM closed Ste-Therese Camaro-Firebird plant in 2002 and we lost thousands of jobs because of that closing and our Quebec economy suffered from that decision. The plant land is now a huge shopping center, but it does'nt generate the same amount of $$$ in our economy. Goverments saved GM from a bankruptcy with our taxes, I would have prefered that my taxes would have stayed in Canada. Buy Amerian,,,,,
Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #32
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
damn, that really sucks! I am really proud that the Camaro has been made in Oshawa for the run of the 5th gen, and was just talking to my friend the other day about going to the plant to se my 6th gen made when they are released and mine was ordered. This is probably going to destroy oshawa, as it looks like the Camaro is the leading car made here, and by the looks of the lots when theya re full, they are probably 70% camaros at any given time. damn, this is a nut shot to oshawa! :(

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
and the old Oshawa truck plant... took away the sierra from us, and now it's a costco... what next?

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #34
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
About time. I'm tired of hearing those overpaid Oshawa workers act like they're so high and mighty for watching machines build our cars. Oh, please give me a poster with some union workers name on it because they watched a machine tighten my lug nuts.

Can't wait to buy my American made 50th anniversary 2017 Gen 6.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #35
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
About time. I'm tired of hearing those overpaid Oshawa workers act like they're so high and mighty for watching machines build our cars. Oh, please give me a poster with some union workers name on it because they watched a machine tighten my lug nuts.

Can't wait to buy my American made 50th anniversary 2017 Gen 6.
I'm going to take a stab and guess you posted this with something other than a pre GUI OS system.

The sole purpose of that GUI is to make it easier. You can do many of the same functions without it. Same as building cars.

To each their own.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #36
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
American workers are underpaid ????
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #37
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
YES! Right around the corner from me!!
Oshawa did an OUTSTANDING job and I have no doubt they will continue.
Like it said it is a consolidation where the RWD Cadillac and Camaro will be built.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #38
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
As a Canadian this hurts... but at least it's not going to Mexico, although geographically it's now a little bit closer.
I know our American cousins can build just as good of a product and I wonder if this will improve sales in the states. Do people overlook an American pony car because it's built in Canada? Based on sales you wouldn't think so but they'll definitely be able to use this as an advertising tool to their biggest market.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Thoughts shared with us straight from John Fitzpatrick, and Al Oppenheiser from the Camaro Team:
Added to the OP

Quote:
Today, GM announced that production of the next-generation Camaro will move from Oshawa Assembly to Lansing, Mich. This will inevitably raise some questions and speculation about what the announcement means for the future of Camaro.

For now, we can tell you that it does mean Chevrolet is committed to the Camaro, and we are already planning for the arrival of the sixth-generation car. It does not mean we are ready to announce the timing of the next-generation, or to confirm any details about a future Camaro.

Introduced as a 2010 model year, the fifth-generation Camaro still continues to be a success thanks to fans like you -- and we are not done yet. This year alone, we launched the Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible, the Camaro 1LE, and introduced the Camaro Hot Wheels edition. We still have more news to come, and expect the fifth-generation Camaro, built by the team in Oshawa, will continue to bring new people to the Camaro community.

Thanks for your support, and we look forward to sharing more Camaro news with you in the future.

Al Oppenheiser
Camaro Chief Engineer

John Fitzpatrick
Camaro Marketing Manager
Don't think of this as "good news" or "bad news"...rather...a change. According to the GM press release: A simple matter of a good business case for consolidating common cars for ease and cost of production!

Bottom line, IMO...1) we've still got years before this had any effect on us at all, and 2) GM & Chevy is "committed to Camaro"...but hey - it does feel good to know that Camaro will be built once more, after a loooong time, in the United States.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
damn, that really sucks! I am really proud that the Camaro has been made in Oshawa for the run of the 5th gen, and was just talking to my friend the other day about going to the plant to se my 6th gen made when they are released and mine was ordered. This is probably going to destroy oshawa, as it looks like the Camaro is the leading car made here, and by the looks of the lots when theya re full, they are probably 70% camaros at any given time. damn, this is a nut shot to oshawa! :(
Oshawa will be fine. They build far more other cars than Camaros...and are apparently, destined to get some more.

They're not done, yet...and I'm certainly not saying goodbye so soon - they're doing GREAT!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #41
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
It's not like they won't be welcome at any future Camaro meets

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Actually, this makes a lot of sense since the ATS is produced at Grand River. My guess is GM will expand production of another vehicle at Oshawa. They do excellent workthere.

Last edited by greenrail; 12-20-2012 at 08:51 AM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation