Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-03-2016, 10:56 AM   #15
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky62 View Post
...If you notice the digital speedo changes but the analog does not.. Can anyone ..
The analog speedometer can't change its units, they're printed on. It's not part of the LCD.

No idea why they put a metric cluster in a UK car, that seems odd to me.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:12 AM   #16
HyperBlue

Drives: 2011 MB E350 wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post

+1 That doesn't make sense.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #17
Freaky62

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post
+1 That doesn't make sense.
It's not the numbers that change its just the mph that changes so effectively it would read 330mph as a max on the speedo not what it should do...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Freaky62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:46 AM   #18
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaTodd View Post
Maybe one of our Canadian members can try this function to see how it should work.
Canadian chiming in: My analog cluster does indeed display kph or mph depending on which unit of measure is selected in the options menu... Changes with the digital display; same as my new colorado (gauges are practically identical)
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #19
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Its a European market car. Europe is primarily metric and left hand drive. They just happen to also offer it in the UK for those willing to deal with the differences.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #20
Jimtasteek

Drives: S197 Mustang
Quote:
Did you order yours through Ian Allen or elsewhere/privately?. Also where abouts are you based?. I don't remember seeing that one the spec/price list regards the DRLS?. Just re checked the spec list/ price list, Two entries.. "LED Daytime Running Lights" and "HID Headlamps with DRL Signature" are on there both showing an "S" in the box... Hmm!
I ordered through Ian Allen. I'll have to go double check the DRL reference, I got the landscape-oriented A4 price guide with the black car on the cover. One question: what are you doing about front license plate/bracket?
Jimtasteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #21
Freaky62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
I ordered through Ian Allen. I'll have to go double check the DRL reference, I got the landscape-oriented A4 price guide with the black car on the cover. One question: what are you doing about front license plate/bracket?
Hey bud, I'm not using it as it screws into the bumper I'm going to stick a vinyl numberplate on the front splitter facing up in the middle. With a normal plate to throw in the window should anyone get picky! Rear plate will stay the same...

Old 10-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #22
Jimtasteek

Quote:
Hey bud, I'm not using it as it screws into the bumper I'm going to stick a vinyl numberplate on the front splitter facing up in the middle. With a normal plate to throw in the window should anyone get picky! Rear plate will stay the same...

Cool - would you mind posting a pic of that when it's on? Also, I'm in S Wales fyi.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:56 PM   #23
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:

If you notice the digital speedo changes but the analog does not.. Can anyone else try this on their cars and see if it changes?.

When looking at that screen, press the right arrow on the D pad and see if you get further options. Some of the "pages" have further options if you press right. My car is in the shop and I won't be seeing it any time soon, else I'd mess around with it myself...

That option to go right on the mpg page is pretty nice as you can change the average reading over different distances. I like to keep mine at 25 miles, but I think the default was 50 or so.
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #24
Jimtasteek

Hi Freaky. Did you sort this issue in the end? Also could you post some more images please? Do we have Fifty logos on the wheel, are there DRLs in the main headlights etc etc? Hope you're enjoying it!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:21 PM   #25
Freaky62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
Hi Freaky. Did you sort this issue in the end? Also could you post some more images please? Do we have Fifty logos on the wheel, are there DRLs in the main headlights etc etc? Hope you're enjoying it!
Hey buddy, what pictures would you like? We do have fifty on the wheel and apparently the DLRs in the bumper do not meet European standards hence why we are only able to get the "HID Headlamps with DLR signature" I will try to get a picture from the back end where we Europeans/Brits get a slightly different rear valance with the Fogs and Reversing lights built in... Not sure I have one of those pictures yet! I'll try to post some of what I've got now, also no I have not yet sorted the speedo issue (Ian Allen didn't even know it could go to mph... Will keep working on it.

I also have a few videos from Reims Race circuit where I was putting my foot down driving away but the Internet where I am sucks so will have to do that in the morrow!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #26
Jimtasteek

Totally sweet - you must be over the moon. A shot of the rear & interior would be good thanks very much. Hope you get the mph issue sorted!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 PM   #27
jlagman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I have a Canadian Camaro, the analog speedo does change to imperial units of measure; while the actual numerical values remain the same, the correct speed will be displayed. Unfortunately, you won't be able to hit 330 mph, stock.
jlagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:13 AM   #28
Freaky62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
I have a Canadian Camaro, the analog speedo does change to imperial units of measure; while the actual numerical values remain the same, the correct speed will be displayed. Unfortunately, you won't be able to hit 330 mph, stock.
Dammit!

Could you please take a picture of both just like i have showing my digital readout displaying both units of measure however the analog does not?...

I've been onto Chevrolet directly with this issue as it seems it may be an inherent thing all european/uk cars might have to deal with so they would like more evidence of mine not working correctly.