Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #15
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverton View Post
Maybe everyone is waiting for the 50th anniversary edition?
I doubt thousands of people are waiting for the 50th Anniversary sticker package.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:11 AM   #16
wjmeyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS, 2LT
I decided to keep my 2011, and not get a 2016 because of the reduced rear window visibility and reduced trunk size: I can't fit my golf bag/clubs in that trunk!
I like everything else but if I can't fit golf clubs and 2 small carry-on suitcases for a short vacation (which my 2011 can), then that is a problem. GM-are you listening?
wjmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #17
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Oh man ..we're seeing what performance vs cost equals..camaro superior perfomance vs mustang cost..not good
pretty much a repeat of past decades
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:17 AM   #18
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
I decided to keep my 2011, and not get a 2016 because of the reduced rear window visibility and reduced trunk size: I can't fit my golf bag/clubs in that trunk!
I like everything else but if I can't fit golf clubs and 2 small carry-on suitcases for a short vacation (which my 2011 can), then that is a problem. GM-are you listening?
But the 2016 is SO much faster than the Mustang!!!

Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:18 AM   #19
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I would say I am surprised that sales were down this month, but looking at Mustang sales, they were down as well. As more numbers come out today, might see that May might have been a slow month overall.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:19 AM   #20
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmeyer View Post
lol I hear you, I can't fit my driver in the trunk and can BARELY fit my 3-wood which is 42.5" if I don't angle it.

That is fine, that's why I have a daily driver Accord for the golf courses. Plus, with a bunch of folks hacking the ball, I'll rather not drive it to a golf course anyways.

For mini vacay's.. it should fit inside laying horizontally on the back seats.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #21
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
I think it is several factors.

1. The 2014 refresh of the 5th gen probably helped the criticism of not a lot changed between the 5th and 6th gen. Without the refresh, the design change between the original 5th gen design and the 6th gen looks more drastic. I think GM made a mistake with doing a refresh.

2. Certainly cost is an issue. Most probably will never push the Camaro or Mustang very hard. For me the Camaro's better performance is worth the extra cost when it hopefully comes time to order mine next year because I appreciate how stable that chassis is when pushed. But for most, the Mustang performs well enough for them and they can pocket $2000-$3000.

3. Probably the backlog of Camaro buyers due to the hiatus has thinned out.

It's a shame, because the 6th gen is much a better car than the 5th gen. When GM was doing its Mainstreet on wheels driving event, I was able to drive the Camaro SS, it was not very agile and felt very very heavy. Test drove the 6th gen on Monday and it is a night and day difference.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #22
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Looks as if Chevy is seeing gits across all their products for the most part.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:23 AM   #23
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
But the 2016 is SO much faster than the Mustang!!!

the difference is small, and most wouldn't really be able to feel the difference. cost is outdoing performance in this gen.

also, the V8s aren't the top sellers, its the lower trims. things are not looking good for chevy. they need more aggressive sales ideas, instead of relying on magazine awards (lol who the fukc reads those things anyway?) and word of mouth, especially since the new gen looks so similar to the 5th gen to the untrained eye.
also, their plant workers need to start wearing uniforms.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #24
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
the difference is small, and most wouldn't really be able to feel the difference.

also, the V8s aren't the top sellers, its the lower trims. things are not looking good for chevy. they need more aggressive sales ideas. relying on magazine awards (lol who the fukc reads those things anyway?) and word of mouth, especially since the new gen looks so similar to the 5th gen to the untrained eye.
I can't speak for the other trims but there is a difference between the V8's. I had a 5.0 and and ecoboost i4.. test drove a bunch of Performance Pack V8's and I was like okay.. good power to redline.

Jumped in a SS and was like holy sh*t! Bought the SS the same day. Coming from a family of Fords.. in my opinion, stock for stock the SS vs the GT are totally different cars! I'm too old to modify vehicles so modding the GT to SS power was not an option.

Not sure if you drove the 5.0's like I did but the difference is not small.

But yeah, I think Chevy should at least discount the V6's and i4's more to increase sales. I will understand with the SS but they can try to work that as well.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #25
Posaune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
the difference is small, and most wouldn't really be able to feel the difference. cost is outdoing performance in this gen.

also, the V8s aren't the top sellers, its the lower trims. things are not looking good for chevy. they need more aggressive sales ideas, instead of relying on magazine awards (lol who the fukc reads those things anyway?) and word of mouth, especially since the new gen looks so similar to the 5th gen to the untrained eye.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #26
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Chevy moved 5827 Camaros in May. That is the lowest May since the Camaro returned from Hiatus.

Prices to high. Can't see them still raising prices on 2017s as planned.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #27
Posaune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Prices to high. Can't see them still raising prices on 2017s as planned.
I don't think it is all about the price, although I do believe it is a factor. It is a combination of a bunch of little things.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:49 AM   #28
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:

jk bro. oh well. my point still stands, GM isn't trying hard enough to sell the new Camaro. I don't get it...