Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #85
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'm holding onto my '13 until I see the official 6th gen, and at which-point, I will either jump ship all together, or go back and buy an 01-02 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or a G8 gxp, and it will be the end of my new car experience all together.
I'm with you...sort of lol. Of course never know what the future may hold, but if I'm financially able to do one of several options it will come down to looks.

I think all the new pony cars will be performance killers, so I'm not worried about performance.

I think a couple of the different renderings we have seen of the new Mustang are very close based on the good amount of reading I've done, although it may be missing some small details that could make a big difference so I'm holding judgement until December when it is revealed. But so far, it isn't doing anything for me. Its not bad, but I like my Camaro better than these renderings.

If the 6th gen Camaro, or perhaps a new Challenger or Barracuda (which may or may not happen now) don't hit a home run in looks then I'll be looking to take my car all the way with a supercharger, or search long and hard for a used 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic in great condition. At this point I'm pretty much attached to Aqua Blue and I don't think I could get into any other color.

Or the other option is just keep my car as is and love it which I already do lol. Took her out today and had lady and her boyfriend (I presume) stare and point at it, and got other looks as well. What other car still gets this kind of attention after 4 years???
Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #86
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Doc , you are so close to have it nailed
The front in my opinion , should have a little more rounded edges
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #87
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
On the other hand , the spoiler if in Flat Black , and full size all the way across the trunk lid , black wheels , and it's ready for production
Attached Images

oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #88
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
When you say rounded do you mean the corners or the actual leading edges?

Quote:
On the other hand , the spoiler if in Flat Black , and full size all the way across the trunk lid , black wheels , and it's ready for production
That rear "spoiler" is actually part of the fender as you can see in this snapshot. I am working on a wing for the 1LE and Z/28 that will fit in between the two spoilers.

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Z.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  75.2 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #89
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm sorry, Doc, I know you have a lot of time and energy into your concept but I think the 2014 Camaro looks 100x better than what the members and you have come up with. I don't mean to be rude, but the front end on yours just looks like a huge air dam - a few openings, but flat and bulky. The sides and rear just looks like someone took sheet metal and forgot to stamp it, flat and boring. Reminds me of the newer Challenger - big straight sheet metal without any style.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #90
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I applaud chevy for not running the 5th gen to the ground. It is time for Chevy to break from their hideous tradition of running a style 6 -10 years, and get back to generating excitement into a brand and model. Chevy's golden period (1960's thru 1980) brought success to their brand IMO due in part to their creative designs that were introduced to their cars between 2 and 4 years. A sixties Impala (sorry to say) is much more exciting to look at than the last two impalas we've had (2000-'05, and 2006-2013).

I think that chevy is doing well with the camaro, and they should put changes into the model frequently so as to avoid the crash and burn syndrome that doomed the 4th gen. camaro and some other models.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #91
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I'm sorry, Doc, I know you have a lot of time and energy into your concept but I think the 2014 Camaro looks 100x better than what the members and you have come up with. I don't mean to be rude, but the front end on yours just looks like a huge air dam - a few openings, but flat and bulky. The sides and rear just looks like someone took sheet metal and forgot to stamp it, flat and boring. Reminds me of the newer Challenger - big straight sheet metal without any style.
Not being rude at all. You are proof of the two rules of automotive design that I've discovered. Rule #1: You can't please everybody. Rule #2: When you think you have a great design, see Rule #1.

I feel exactly the opposite of you; I think the 2014 is thick, bulky, uninspired and boring. What I did with my concept was clean up the lines, make them sharper and more precise, and is actually far more aerodynamic. I pulled inspiration from some very fast, time-honored designs like Ferrari and Porsche:

Ferrari F40:
Name:  ferrari_f40.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  132.3 KB
Ferrari 512M:
Name:  ferrari_512-m-1970_r13.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  172.0 KB
Porsche 917:
Name:  porsche_917.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  101.7 KB

I could round everything out on my design concept; remove some of the aerodynamics just to see what it would look like. Might be an interesting exercise.

Everybody has their own idea of what looks good and is in and of itself a fascinating study. Some people actually bought a Pontiac Aztek:

Name:  pontiac-Aztek-manu-02_HR_01-1024.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  161.4 KB

What looks good to people and why is (to me anyways) one of the amazing mysteries of life, but it also brings variety and keeps everything from looking the same.

Thanks for the feedback!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #92
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Prius

That Aztec is the pre Prius. The 2014 Camaro is a refreshing change from the ugly on the rear end. The back side of the present model Camaro has always been a deal killer for me. I hope Chevy gets the next gen right because the Mustang surely will. Twin Turbo'd engine with stout large bore would be nice.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #93
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I applaud chevy for not running the 5th gen to the ground. It is time for Chevy to break from their hideous tradition of running a style 6 -10 years, and get back to generating excitement into a brand and model. Chevy's golden period (1960's thru 1980) brought success to their brand IMO due in part to their creative designs that were introduced to their cars between 2 and 4 years. A sixties Impala (sorry to say) is much more exciting to look at than the last two impalas we've had (2000-'05, and 2006-2013).

I think that chevy is doing well with the camaro, and they should put changes into the model frequently so as to avoid the crash and burn syndrome that doomed the 4th gen. camaro and some other models.
Kinda funny cause the W-body Impala Limited will actually now live on until 2016 according to new reports last week.

That's 10 straight years of production. Besides the Corvette's Y-body platform, pretty sure the W-body will be the longest lived platform in GM history.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:39 AM   #94
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Here's one rounded. I rounded the front upper fenders and front corners quite a bit. Is this more along the lines of what you had in mind? It looks less like a race car and more like a production car to me but that's not a bad thing by any means.

Name:  2016 Camaro alt4cgm.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  45.7 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #95
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here are some comparison shots of the 2014 refresh Camaro with my concept. I did the best I could to try and figure out the angle and lens used in the photos to come up with something close.

Attachment 571195Attachment 571190
Attachment 571196Attachment 571192
Attachment 571197Attachment 571194

As you can see by the comparison what I've done is sharper, sleeker, crisper and a bit more modern in style which is where I think the Camaro should go if it's going to evolve. I love retro as much as anyone but at some point it should begin to take on a more modern look. With road handling becoming more and more important; especially if horsepower becomes restricted, the Camaro is going to have to evolve into more of a road GT as opposed to strictly a 1/4 mile type of car. That's what I was going for with my concept.
The rear end looks promising. The front end however looks outdated and reminds of me of the video game Crusin USA.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #96
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Kinda funny cause the W-body Impala Limited will actually now live on until 2016 according to new reports last week.

That's 10 straight years of production. Besides the Corvette's Y-body platform, pretty sure the W-body will be the longest lived platform in GM history.
Really? Kind of sad if this is true. GM may not want to let go of the fleet sales so it could be their reasoning for continuing to produce the W-Body Impala "classic".

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #97
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'm with you...sort of lol. Of course never know what the future may hold, but if I'm financially able to do one of several options it will come down to looks.

I think all the new pony cars will be performance killers, so I'm not worried about performance.

I think a couple of the different renderings we have seen of the new Mustang are very close based on the good amount of reading I've done, although it may be missing some small details that could make a big difference so I'm holding judgement until December when it is revealed. But so far, it isn't doing anything for me. Its not bad, but I like my Camaro better than these renderings.

If the 6th gen Camaro, or perhaps a new Challenger or Barracuda (which may or may not happen now) don't hit a home run in looks then I'll be looking to take my car all the way with a supercharger, or search long and hard for a used 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic in great condition. At this point I'm pretty much attached to Aqua Blue and I don't think I could get into any other color.

Or the other option is just keep my car as is and love it which I already do lol. Took her out today and had lady and her boyfriend (I presume) stare and point at it, and got other looks as well. What other car still gets this kind of attention after 4 years???
I test drove a new 08 Mustang GT/CS once... The amount of issues that arose on that one test drive will make me never want to buy a new Mustang, unless it looks so amazing that I can't help myself.

I love ABM, but didn't want to put the effort into finding one in the beginning... If I don't like what I see in the future, I may got back and try to find a 10 ABM SS... I'd also love to have something similar to a Rally Green, or Fathom Green, yet all I'm offered is radioactive neon green... Not my cup of tea, but as mentioned previously, you can't please everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's one rounded. I rounded the front upper fenders and front corners quite a bit. Is this more along the lines of what you had in mind? It looks less like a race car and more like a production car to me but that's not a bad thing by any means.

Attachment 571825
Wow, for some reason, although it may sound stupid that all it took was for you to round the front end edges... I really like that front end now... I would almost consider buying it now... But from the windshield back, the body lines still scream "Corvette" in my head, and since you posted a pic of the f40, all I can see in my head now is Camaro front end, with Corvette sides and rear, with an F40 roofline... You're getting close to pleasing me But like you said, you can't please everybody.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:30 AM   #98
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
...Wow, for some reason, although it may sound stupid that all it took was for you to round the front end edges... I really like that front end now... I would almost consider buying it now... But from the windshield back, the body lines still scream "Corvette" in my head, and since you posted a pic of the f40, all I can see in my head now is Camaro front end, with Corvette sides and rear, with an F40 roofline... You're getting close to pleasing me But like you said, you can't please everybody.
Lol well....had I only known. So.... how about a nice green one?

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Green1.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  71.8 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Green2.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  76.8 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation