Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #71
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Because there should always be improvement... And I want that to happen quickly!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #72
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
cuz our generation is fat -_-
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #73
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
The guy who designed the 5th gen works for Audi now.
south korea representin!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #74
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by danl View Post
totally agree!
I drive to LA today from Redlands, ( 70 miles one way, 140 round trip )
and saw a total of:

3- 5th gen Camaros,
100- mus-tangs, ( hahaha...UGLY )
0 - challengers, and
1 - vette
Wow. I guess all of the rich pretentious pricks are here in Alabama. I see more Vettes down here than Camaros almost. hahahhaa
Old 07-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #75
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
I'd like to think that the next Design would be Radical, not just a Make-Over.

It's not like we care too much about Economy, Environmentals or Size.

We practically all want to Personalise and MOD.

Body Shell, THE Look is what 'change' will be.

Perhaps we need to find the Designer and our Theme first?

So what Theme, Style, Symbol, Designer would inspire or could Lead us into 2020?
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #76
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I'm HIGHLY anticipating the 6th gen, if it turns out to be a turd I'm going to be very disappointed..
If it turns out to be a turd I am going to be very Mustang

I really think the sucess of the next Gen is going to ride purely on the looks and weight of the car. we all know they have nailed the suspension and powertrain plus I don't see the interior being a problem since they sold so many 5th Gen's with such 'terrible' (according to the press) interiors and They have put out cars with nothing but exceptional interiors as of late. If they can't shed the weight and be around the same weight as the S550 Mustang then it's going to get ugly since the gen mustang will have the IRS.

Last edited by LSXaddict; 08-15-2013 at 12:53 AM.
LSXaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:21 AM   #77
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
I think a lot of the rush as it seems is just conversation started by those with noting else to talk about.I dont think there is a real rush.Most of those with a newer camaro,wont want to take a bath when they either cant sell there 5th gen,or even worse the hit trading it in.. Now those that have the income will buy whatever they want and always have.Those that have the older 2010,2011 since new or dont have a camaro yet will buy it.IMOP. I wont be getting it if it gets too small,I like having a big doorway to get into,and the b pillar thats behind the front seat..unlike a lot of the newer cars I can not get into ..
Old 11-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #78
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'm going to bring up a few things I have seen in this thread yet, or on the site either in the general automotive section...

I don't know how credible this short article is, but I've come across this multiple times elsewhere, and not seen it on here yet: http://jalopnik.com/first-1-000-next...14-1-826233500

IF it's true, that means Ford will have an even bigger jump on GM as far as the Mustang VS Camaro war goes. Again. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it appears that the Mustang is going for that Euro look now? IF it ends up being so Euro that it falls on it's face and no one wants to buy it, this is good news...

In a round about way, this discussion came up on the other 5th gen Camaro forum... Where will we be "power wise" in the future... Well, I believe that EVENTUALLY, it's all going to come to a screaming halt like it did in the 80s. With the CAFE requirements slowly cracking down as the years go on, eventually, we will all be screwed... Looking at the current CAFE requirement chart shown here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...r.2C_2011-2025

I'd say our current v8 configuration is good until about 2018, with the release of the new LT1, maybe longer... V6? Looking at the window sticker, it's good until 2021... I know how it works, it's the corporate average fuel economy, so they can crank out a butt load of turbo 4 cylinder Chevettes and keep the average up, I'm just looking at the big picture here. There is still time to fix the things that could have been fixed with the 5th gen, in the 6th gen (ie: weight), and still have it perform BEFORE the $4!7 hits the fan, and all the new car manufacturers are allowed to offer are little clown car economizers to adhere to the CAFE "law" and they all go out of business because no one wants what they have to offer.

In regards to the 2014, I had to opportunity to look at 3 of them this morning for an hour while I got my "free" oil change at the dealer. Counting these 3, this makes 5 I've seen up close, in personal. In my personal opinion, I feel that the paint color on the 2014 refresh can make or break it... The first two I saw, SW 2LS, and BRM 1LS, I loved. Loved everything. Today, I say a Bright Yellow 1LS... HIDEOUS!!!! Horrible horrible! Red Hot 1SS, I could take or leave. and a black 1LT RS, didn't do much for me. I could have driven home with either the SW, or BRM cars and been perfectly happy.

Anyway, the 6th gen needs to come out before the Gov't starts cracking down on HP... IF the 6th gen is a turd, I'll keep my 2013 v6 for a daily driver, and go shopping for an LS1 Powered 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or possibly a G8 GXP, but they are pretty impossible to find...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I honestly don't think the 6th gen is going to be anything but the best Camaro ever built... technology-wise. As for the styling, the 2014 refresh had me worried because it just wasn't up to what I thought the Camaro should be. However the Camaro team I'm sure got the message from the response and they're also watching the reaction the public has to the new Stingray.

They'll probably do something that's at least "okay" but I'm hoping for much more. I also hope they don't get too gimmicky and do something like the tail lights on the new Stingray which just look out of place to me; the "running mascara" look at the corners in particular look odd.

I've put in a fair amount of time creating a 3D model of a styling concept of the direction I'd like to see the next gen Camaro go here:

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  51.2 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F3Q.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  76.2 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept R3Q.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept S3Q.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  69.3 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F3Qa.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  92.1 KB

This is based on the Alpha platform we'll be seeing in the next gen. Here's the link to the design thread for anyone that's interested in seeing how it evolved:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319114

After the amount of time I've spent on my concept while creating it, the current gen is starting to look thick and bulky to me. I want to see cleaner, lighter, thinner elements, precise lines on the next gen. It should be sleeker without being gimmicky. The new Stingray walks a very fine line between exciting styling and being gimmicky. In my opinion the side vent slash and the rear tail lights cross the line at being a little too trendy, but it's not enough to ruin the car. It's an exciting car.

The next gen Camaro should be exciting too. Sleek, fast-looking, powerful-looking, classy-looking. I hope that's the direction they're going and not thick, bulky, comic-book trendy/gimmicky.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #80
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'm going to bring up a few things I have seen in this thread yet, or on the site either in the general automotive section...

I don't know how credible this short article is, but I've come across this multiple times elsewhere, and not seen it on here yet: http://jalopnik.com/first-1-000-next...14-1-826233500

IF it's true, that means Ford will have an even bigger jump on GM as far as the Mustang VS Camaro war goes. Again. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it appears that the Mustang is going for that Euro look now? IF it ends up being so Euro that it falls on it's face and no one wants to buy it, this is good news...

In a round about way, this discussion came up on the other 5th gen Camaro forum... Where will we be "power wise" in the future... Well, I believe that EVENTUALLY, it's all going to come to a screaming halt like it did in the 80s. With the CAFE requirements slowly cracking down as the years go on, eventually, we will all be screwed... Looking at the current CAFE requirement chart shown here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora...r.2C_2011-2025

I'd say our current v8 configuration is good until about 2018, with the release of the new LT1, maybe longer... V6? Looking at the window sticker, it's good until 2021... I know how it works, it's the corporate average fuel economy, so they can crank out a butt load of turbo 4 cylinder Chevettes and keep the average up, I'm just looking at the big picture here. There is still time to fix the things that could have been fixed with the 5th gen, in the 6th gen (ie: weight), and still have it perform BEFORE the $4!7 hits the fan, and all the new car manufacturers are allowed to offer are little clown car economizers to adhere to the CAFE "law" and they all go out of business because no one wants what they have to offer.

In regards to the 2014, I had to opportunity to look at 3 of them this morning for an hour while I got my "free" oil change at the dealer. Counting these 3, this makes 5 I've seen up close, in personal. In my personal opinion, I feel that the paint color on the 2014 refresh can make or break it... The first two I saw, SW 2LS, and BRM 1LS, I loved. Loved everything. Today, I say a Bright Yellow 1LS... HIDEOUS!!!! Horrible horrible! Red Hot 1SS, I could take or leave. and a black 1LT RS, didn't do much for me. I could have driven home with either the SW, or BRM cars and been perfectly happy.

Anyway, the 6th gen needs to come out before the Gov't starts cracking down on HP... IF the 6th gen is a turd, I'll keep my 2013 v6 for a daily driver, and go shopping for an LS1 Powered 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or possibly a G8 GXP, but they are pretty impossible to find...
The CAFE affect will be interesting. The Gen6 (and Gen5) may go up in value as the new model options get less appealing, ie no more V-8.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #81
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Doc,

While I can certainly appreciate the amount of time, and effort your put into you 3d model of "the 6th gen".... I would not buy that car based on looks. From looking at it it looks like a slightly modified 2014 front end from the windshield forward, and a c7 vette from there back.

I wish I had the time/energy to make an attempt at a 6th gen render, but alas, I do not, so I commend you!

I'm holding onto my '13 until I see the official 6th gen, and at which-point, I will either jump ship all together, or go back and buy an 01-02 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or a G8 gxp, and it will be the end of my new car experience all together.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #82
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Doc,

While I can certainly appreciate the amount of time, and effort your put into you 3d model of "the 6th gen".... I would not buy that car based on looks. From looking at it it looks like a slightly modified 2014 front end from the windshield forward, and a c7 vette from there back.

I wish I had the time/energy to make an attempt at a 6th gen render, but alas, I do not, so I commend you!

I'm holding onto my '13 until I see the official 6th gen, and at which-point, I will either jump ship all together, or go back and buy an 01-02 4th gen, an 05-06 GTO, or a G8 gxp, and it will be the end of my new car experience all together.
That's fine. My design isn't for everybody but it doesn't have to be in order to be successful. And it would be successful. It has the "family look" and that's intentional. While it doesn't sound like you're a Camaro loyalist, those customers who do feel that way are EXTREMELY loyal and they want a car that looks like a Camaro. My design accomplishes that while advancing the look-and-feel to a more sophisticated level. It's intended to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

I'm going to find pictures of the 2104 Camaro and C7 that have angles I can match on my model and do comparison renders so you can see the actual difference. Because I didn't do over-the-top stying, my design is somewhat deceptive; it's much more of a change than you might think.

And thank you for the compliments.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #83
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Here are some comparison shots of the 2014 refresh Camaro with my concept. I did the best I could to try and figure out the angle and lens used in the photos to come up with something close.

Name:  2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE Spy Shots.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  89.0 KBName:  2014 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE Spy Shots X.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  60.7 KB
Name:  2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS-spy-shot-right-rear-2-1024x640.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  69.8 KBName:  2014-Chevrolet-Camaro-RS-spy-shot-right-rear-X.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  56.1 KB
Name:  camaro-ss-2014.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  66.6 KBName:  camaro-ss-2014 X.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  59.6 KB

As you can see by the comparison what I've done is sharper, sleeker, crisper and a bit more modern in style which is where I think the Camaro should go if it's going to evolve. I love retro as much as anyone but at some point it should begin to take on a more modern look. With road handling becoming more and more important; especially if horsepower becomes restricted, the Camaro is going to have to evolve into more of a road GT as opposed to strictly a 1/4 mile type of car. That's what I was going for with my concept.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #84
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Judging on what is now coming out of GM, I believe we will see a highly improved interior. I think they have really have turned themselves around in this dept.

The C6 Corvette was in production for a looong time, and they still kept the same overall design in the Corvette C7, although every exterior panel has been creased, tweaked, sculpted, widened..etc, to create a 'all new' exterior. This makes me think we have a good chance of seeing the C6 Camaro undergo the same treatment. The C5 Camaro was a great hit, I doubt we will see a totally new shape this soon. (ala 1970 Camaro inspired)

We already know it will be slightly smaller and lighter, and presumably faster across the Camaro line-up. All good things. I have been driving mine since 2009 and I am ready for a C6 Camaro 1LE.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation