Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #43
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Because a new Mustang is right around the corner.
^ This, Ford should be moving on to the 6th gen Mustang in 2015 if I am not mistaken, because the 5th gen Mustang debut'd in 2004 began production in 2005.

I think waiting till 2016 is going to be bad enough I was hoping they would come out with the 6th Gen Camaro in 2015. But I can understand waiting until 2016 just because the car will only be 6 years old at that point.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
6th gen will probably arrive sometime in 2015 for the 2016 model year.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
6th gen will probably arrive sometime in 2015 for the 2016 model year.
Agreed. Its already been stated that Camaro production moves to Lansing in 2015 right....and I don't see any point to simply moving production of the current car there only to retool it a year or two later for the next gen.

6th gen Camaro for 2016 model year.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 05-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #46
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I believe Ford will be bringing a new Mustang next year as that will be the 50th annv.for the car.I can't see Ford waiting much longer than that,how many diehard Mustang fans would be pissed if they skipped the 50th year mark,so Chevy will answer the Mustang in 2015 in Detroit and may even introduce the car later in the year as a 2017 model for a 50th annv model for Camaro.Hey stranger things have happened,I bought a 2002 TB in early 01.So it doesn't matter if you're in a hurry or not Chevrolet will bring it when they're ready.
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #47
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmokinSS View Post
Decrease in value?
Anyone notice that 4th gens were a dime a dozen 5 years ago, and now they are insanely priced?
I passed on a few $4-5000 SS's before the 5th gen was out. Now they are $10K cars.
I think ours will hold their own.
The 6th gen may be a turd....never know.
1st Gen = Bad ASS
2nd Gen = Meh
3rd Gen = Excellent
4th Gen = Decent
5th Gen = Awesome
6th Gen = ? (if it has 2nd Gen style, I'll pass)
Bring back the square look! IROC style!
I liked he 1st & 2nd gen and absolutely hated the 3rd gen. 4th gen is OK and ofc I love the 5th gen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Probably as butt ugly as the new Corvette - and it's industry leading "part time" four cyl. engine......
Good thing looks are subjective because I think the new Corvette is one of the best looking Vette's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Agreed. Its already been stated that Camaro production moves to Lansing in 2015 right....and I don't see any point to simply moving production of the current car there only to retool it a year or two later for the next gen.

5th gen Camaro for 2016 model year.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #48
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Mechanically the 6th gen is going to be a better car, but after seeing the "refresh" I'm more than a little worried about the looks. The back of the 2014 refresh looks boring and cheap; it doesn't look exotic, powerful, muscular or exciting in any way, shape or form. The front's "okay" but a bit out-of-balance in the design elements. The hood bulge is too wide, the hood vent looks like an after-market JC Whitney-esque add-on. I understand and agree with the value of the hood vent, just not thrilled with the design/looks.

While a muscle car is clearly about performance, it's also a serious style statement. The key word is "muscle". The designer responsible for the 5th gen understood and delivered a gorgeous, powerful, muscular design that I love to look at every time I walk into my garage. The 2014 refresh looks like 4 different committees worked on it; one for the lower front, one for the upper front, one for the hood, and one for the rear of the car. Those 4 areas do not match in look, style or feel. That's a problem and a style/design weakness.

A car design should be masterminded by one designer who "gets it" and has a clear vision of how it should look and feel. The 5th gen concept car and resulting production car clearly demonstrates what that ideal produces. Design by committee is always the lesser product.

GM Management if you read this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the vision and courage to give the 6th gen design to a single designer who understands what "muscle" looks like and designs the car accordingly. You did it with the 5th gen, you can do it again. Look at how the "risk" you took paid off with the 5th gen; in reality, it wasn't a risk at all which is the lesson you should be taking away from the experience with 5th gen sales.

A bold, muscular design should also have bold colors; don't chicken-out and put tame, "toned-down" colors on an exciting car. Pick a stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks blue; a rocking kick-ass orange; a deep ooh-aah exciting red; a solid 'this is a race car' yellow; a shimmering buttery silver; a supernatural foam white; and of course, a deep-space obsidian black. These should be people-stopping-and-taking-pictures kind of colors.

Pull all the stops out; financially this is a bread and butter car for you. Don't get gimmicky and don't chicken out. Do NOT "compete" with anybody; don't let other companies dictate what you do. Have a clear vision of what YOU would like to own and drive, then make it happen.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #49
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
..with the Gen 5 Camaro, Mr. Welburn secretly used two design teams, the one not chosen designed the Volt. I trust some similar method of design will be used for the Gen 6 Camaro. I thought that was very clever in what he did.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #50
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
The re-design is growing on me... the tailights seem to be going the direction of the 67'-69', whereas the first 5th gen 10-13 has had tails reminscent of the 71'.

The only thing I'm excited for is less weight which will hopefully up MPG's... I really hope they can do this without making the car substantially smaller in all regards. The new Mustang is going to be smaller and lighter as well, the 6th gen will hit a year later...
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Mechanically the 6th gen is going to be a better car, but after seeing the "refresh" I'm more than a little worried about the looks. The back of the 2014 refresh looks boring and cheap; it doesn't look exotic, powerful, muscular or exciting in any way, shape or form. The front's "okay" but a bit out-of-balance in the design elements. The hood bulge is too wide, the hood vent looks like an after-market JC Whitney-esque add-on. I understand and agree with the value of the hood vent, just not thrilled with the design/looks.

While a muscle car is clearly about performance, it's also a serious style statement. The key word is "muscle". The designer responsible for the 5th gen understood and delivered a gorgeous, powerful, muscular design that I love to look at every time I walk into my garage. The 2014 refresh looks like 4 different committees worked on it; one for the lower front, one for the upper front, one for the hood, and one for the rear of the car. Those 4 areas do not match in look, style or feel. That's a problem and a style/design weakness.

A car design should be masterminded by one designer who "gets it" and has a clear vision of how it should look and feel. The 5th gen concept car and resulting production car clearly demonstrates what that ideal produces. Design by committee is always the lesser product.

GM Management if you read this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have the vision and courage to give the 6th gen design to a single designer who understands what "muscle" looks like and designs the car accordingly. You did it with the 5th gen, you can do it again. Look at how the "risk" you took paid off with the 5th gen; in reality, it wasn't a risk at all which is the lesson you should be taking away from the experience with 5th gen sales.

A bold, muscular design should also have bold colors; don't chicken-out and put tame, "toned-down" colors on an exciting car. Pick a stop-you-dead-in-your-tracks blue; a rocking kick-ass orange; a deep ooh-aah exciting red; a solid 'this is a race car' yellow; a shimmering buttery silver; a supernatural foam white; and of course, a deep-space obsidian black. These should be people-stopping-and-taking-pictures kind of colors.

Pull all the stops out; financially this is a bread and butter car for you. Don't get gimmicky and don't chicken out. Do NOT "compete" with anybody; don't let other companies dictate what you do. Have a clear vision of what YOU would like to own and drive, then make it happen.

AMEN BROTHER!! Took the words right out of my mouth.

You listening GM? If I had one thing to add...just for grins....I'd say skip the idea that the Camaro has to incorporate the current "brand look" or Chevy design trend that say your other bread and butter cars like Cruise, Malibu, or Impala may all share in some way or another.

Keep the Camaro unique! Thats what we like about it! Keep it bold.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #52
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:

I couldn't have said it any better

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 AM   #53
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:

While I agree, its extermely hard to recreate the same success as your previous. The guy who designed the 5th gen, CANT try to out do himself with the 6th. It wont happen. But I'm going to say it was a team of designers on the 5th as well. I dont know who designed it, but whoever did needs to take a break and have someone else work on the 6th. Otherwise, the refined 5th gen (2014) will be 100x worse on a 6th gen. Theyve blown all their steam creating a VERY HIGHLY successful car. They will never duplicate it. I'm afraid there will be much dissappointment with this coming out style wise. We'll see.....

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #54
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
While I agree, its extermely hard to recreate the same success as your previous. The guy who designed the 5th gen, CANT try to out do himself with the 6th. It wont happen. But I'm going to say it was a team of designers on the 5th as well. I dont know who designed it, but whoever did needs to take a break and have someone else work on the 6th. Otherwise, the refined 5th gen (2014) will be 100x worse on a 6th gen. Theyve blown all their steam creating a VERY HIGHLY successful car. They will never duplicate it. I'm afraid there will be much dissappointment with this coming out style wise. We'll see.....
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Considering how desperate the conditions were at the time they were working on the 5th gen with the economic conditions then and GM about to file bankruptcy, they undoubtedly made compromises they might not have if things were as they are now. Now that GM knows what a success the 5th gen is, they have a lot more confidence in supporting development efforts; just look at what they're doing with the Z/28.

The same designer could absolutely improve his designs if given the free reign to do so and IF he's a true Camaro enthusiast who hasn't gotten bored with it already. Look at what Apple's Jonathan Ive is able to do with his own designs generation after generation.

Given the improvements in materials and technology in the last 7 years the same guy who masterminded the 5th gen could do a quite brilliant evolution to the 6th gen. I really hope we see an inspired-individual design; not a compromised "corporate" design.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 05-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #55
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The guy who designed the 5th gen works for Audi now.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #56
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Quote:
The guy who designed the 5th gen works for Audi now.
Bummer. Great for them, not so great for Chevy. That guy really understood integrating sculpted lines not only for the outside shape but also within the shape as well. The hood area of the 5th gen was a masterpiece of sculpted beauty. You can sure see the difference in the 2014 refresh with a too-wide hood bulge and the after-market looking hood vent.

There's got to be some good design talent out there in the ranks of the Camaro/Vette owners. Maybe have a contest where owners and fans can submit their ideas. See what they come up with...might be some great ideas lurking out there.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation