Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
Why such a hurry for the 6th gen?

I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The faster the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The fastest the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud.
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Because it promises to be smaller, lighter and more powerful with better fuel economy. It should handle better and if possible even look better. At any rate it should be an improvement on the 5th gen if that is even possible. That's my hurry.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Because it promises to be smaller, lighter and more powerful with better fuel economy. It should handle better and if possible even look better. At any rate it should be an improvement on the 5th gen if that is even possible. That's my hurry.
That's a matter of perspective. I love the 1969 Camaro so for me, the 6th gen' will not look better cosidering that GM most likely will be stepping away from the retro body style.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
I am just curious on why there is such a hurry for the 6th Gen Camaro to come out? We are still enjoying out 5th Gen. The faster the 6th Gen comes out, the faster our 5th Gen will decrease in price, just thinking out loud.
X2. I'm in no hurry for my car to be the "old" one.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
<= This guy's not in a "hurry"...I have a lot of fun to have with my 2012, yet....

But I am extremely excited to see what they do with the new generation car.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
That's a matter of perspective. I love the 1969 Camaro
I can't wait to get my 2013 and have it sit next to the 68

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Well I guess if you're (not necessarily YOU op) the type of person who buys a car and moves on to the next one quickly or if you think it will be some kind of investment then yes it will take a hit on the used market because many will trade up to the newer style and flood the market with quality used cars.

I could feel the same way for having a 2010 2SS and now the 2013 has improved handling, electric PS, HUD, Mylink, Nav, backup sensors, backup camera, 1LE, convertible, ZL1, Frameless mirror, etc. All those things drop the price of my car, but who cares. I love my car and love seeing the improvements they keep making. The 6th gen will just be a giant improvement!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I just hope they don't F up the new body and looks. The 4th gen camaro looked like a wedge up ugly cheese.

IMO, they should keep the design like they did with the Vette. Or at least the last versions of the Vette. They should keep a styling ques as the Gen 5.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Depends on how drastic the body style changes are.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I wouldn't worry about the next gen...it will be just that, another (different) generation...No doubt more "advanced" in a lot of areas...Time marches on and new models keep coming out every year...

Compared to other lines of cars that change every year and the previous years become worth "less"...lol...I think the Camaro (with it's history of subsequent generations) is not anything to be upset about...It's the nature of the beast...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #12
Jose

IMO I love my 5th gen, there are a LOT of aftermarket parts that can improve a lot of items mentioned earlier. In my perspective, I am the kind of person that does not change the car (If I like it) for the new version, I build my car as I like it, drive it and have fun with it. In case I want a change, I would go for the 2013 Corvette and keep my 5th Gen. IMO.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I wouldn't worry about the next gen...it will be just that, another (different) generation...No doubt more "advanced" in a lot of areas...Time marches on and new models keep coming out every year...

Compared to other lines of cars that change every year and the previous years become worth "less"...lol...I think the Camaro (with it's history of subsequent generations) is not anything to be upset about...It's the nature of the beast...
Yeap, agreed, imports change every 6 hours!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #14
Jose

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I just hope they don't F up the new body and looks. The 4th gen camaro looked like a wedge up ugly cheese.

IMO, they should keep the design like they did with the Vette. Or at least the last versions of the Vette. They should keep a styling ques as the Gen 5.
100% Agreed!!!

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation