Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2017, 05:07 PM   #1
Drrewww_

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro 2ss can it use dual mode if it didn't have NPP?

I was thinking about purchasing the stainless works catback quad tips system for my 2017 Camaro 2SS. When I purchased the car I got the dual tip exhaust. I was curious to know whether the quad tips will work or if theirs a way to make my car have the dual mode capability if I need it? I know I will need to get a new rear bumper to get space for the quad tips.
Drrewww_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
You would need to buy the rear fascia that is for the quad tips, has a piano black glossy finish to it and has wider openings for the tips.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I think the issue is all of the electronics and controls that go along with it. Some discussion here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=add+npp
Old 08-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #4
Drrewww_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I think the issue is all of the electronics and controls that go along with it. Some discussion here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=add+npp
That's exactly what I was searching for. I didn't know wether my car would support NPP since mine is isn't. I dont want to spend the money for it just to find out it's not fully compatible. Thanks for the help
Old 08-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #5
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Here's another thread I started on the subject.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450889
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:07 PM   #6
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrewww_ View Post
I was thinking about purchasing the stainless works catback quad tips system for my 2017 Camaro 2SS. When I purchased the car I got the dual tip exhaust. I was curious to know whether the quad tips will work or if theirs a way to make my car have the dual mode capability if I need it? I know I will need to get a new rear bumper to get space for the quad tips.
As of now, I haven;t seen a dealer be able to update the MyLink setup and add the required wires/connections to make it work. You can for-sure add the pipes, but no way to update your car to make it function with the drive modes.

You can however go with an aftermarket option to open and close the outside pipes, and make it functional, but that would be a new system of controls and honestly it would end up being cheaper.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 PM   #7
Drrewww_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
As of now, I haven;t seen a dealer be able to update the MyLink setup and add the required wires/connections to make it work. You can for-sure add the pipes, but no way to update your car to make it function with the drive modes.

You can however go with an aftermarket option to open and close the outside pipes, and make it functional, but that would be a new system of controls and honestly it would end up being cheaper.
Im able to install the full set up just won't be able to control it from the center console for the different modes I.e track, sport, tour,S&I. The only thing it'll be open at all times correct?
Old 08-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #8
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrewww_ View Post
Im able to install the full set up just won't be able to control it from the center console for the different modes I.e track, sport, tour,S&I. The only thing it'll be open at all times correct?
Depends, you would need actuators on the car to open it or remove the pins the slide out the flaps.

But yes, you can install the pipes without any issues.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:30 PM   #9
glenB

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Wire it to a switch and relay, you can get creative or a simple open close
glenB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dual mode exhaust, exhaust cat back, stainless works cat-back