Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
shadyemx

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
HELP: Performance shop won't return car.

I'm in a very hard position right now and need ideas ASAP. I will not name the shop just yet, but it is located in Northern California.
It starts off with me ordering an LT4 conversion kit for my 2017 1SS 1le. I purchased the kit back in July. Took for ever just to get in the books. I purchased it through the shop and charged me $5,200 with a roto fab intake. I would pay for install once it was completed. He has me in the books for early august. I showed up on scheduled date and he said he was too busy and couldn't take on the install at this time. I honestly was thinking the business was booming and this was good news. He schedules me two week out. Again I show up and its the same excuse! I decided to leave the car because I want to get this done. He promised one week two tops. It is now December and he has done nothing but makes excuses and hardly ever answers. I probably called him more than 100 times and only spoke to him less than 10 times. Wrong parts shipped, wrong parts again, sick, sick, vacation, can't track the parts..list goes on. He at one time said my car will be ready by Thursday 12pm. I live almost two hours away. I showed up and the car was no where near ready. The front bumper was off, coolant drained and intake manifold OFF. Supercharger wasn't even on. Oh and my wheels had curb ration on them. Brand new 1le wheels. He said he would replace them but at this point I just don't know anymore. He has not responded to me now in 3 days and im at a complete loss as far as what to do. He's had it for 3 months now, that's a quarter of the year folks. I can't tell if he is refusing to work on the car or completely messed it up somehow. The last text was him trying to find a "small coolant leak". I have no idea whats going on with the car and I don't have time to take off to check on him unfortunately. I have a family lawyer and ready to take action if needed, but I don't want to piss him off and completely screw me over. Any ideas??
shadyemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Is your car dark gray and have a wicker bill?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:39 PM   #3
Cameron27

Drives: 2015 2SS

Last edited by Cameron27; 06-06-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Cameron27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #4
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
I've been through this before.

He's probably getting ready to file, or has already filed, for bankruptcy. If you have paid him already, take a day off work and show up with, your paperwork, a tow truck and your family lawyer. What you don't want to happen is for the court to have an order to seal the shop and have your car tied up in court in debt claims against it.

I was able to pull it off, but my lawyer said that it is possible for the court to seize your car, although a very small chance, depending on what other shady things that are going on at the shop.

Get it out now.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:49 AM   #5
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
whoa! Please PM me, as I am in Northern CA and looking for good shops around here (and others to certainly avoid!!)
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 02:11 AM   #6
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah you need a lawyer and I'd get my car out of there ASAP. It's obvious somethings going on that's he's not making you aware of.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:08 AM   #7
whitelightning011

Drives: '16 1SS A8 w/ NPP
Get your car out of there immediately and retain a lawyer.
whitelightning011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #8
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Mein Gott!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:10 AM   #9
RedLt1ss

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
PM me also as I am also located in Northern CA and would not like this bad situation to happen to me. Thanks.
RedLt1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:47 AM   #10
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyemx View Post
I'm in a very hard position right now and need ideas ASAP. I will not name the shop just yet, but it is located in Northern California.
It starts off with me ordering an LT4 conversion kit for my 2017 1SS 1le. I purchased the kit back in July. Took for ever just to get in the books. I purchased it through the shop and charged me $5,200 with a roto fab intake. I would pay for install once it was completed. He has me in the books for early august. I showed up on scheduled date and he said he was too busy and couldn't take on the install at this time. I honestly was thinking the business was booming and this was good news. He schedules me two week out. Again I show up and its the same excuse! I decided to leave the car because I want to get this done. He promised one week two tops. It is now December and he has done nothing but makes excuses and hardly ever answers. I probably called him more than 100 times and only spoke to him less than 10 times. Wrong parts shipped, wrong parts again, sick, sick, vacation, can't track the parts..list goes on. He at one time said my car will be ready by Thursday 12pm. I live almost two hours away. I showed up and the car was no where near ready. The front bumper was off, coolant drained and intake manifold OFF. Supercharger wasn't even on. Oh and my wheels had curb ration on them. Brand new 1le wheels. He said he would replace them but at this point I just don't know anymore. He has not responded to me now in 3 days and im at a complete loss as far as what to do. He's had it for 3 months now, that's a quarter of the year folks. I can't tell if he is refusing to work on the car or completely messed it up somehow. The last text was him trying to find a "small coolant leak". I have no idea whats going on with the car and I don't have time to take off to check on him unfortunately. I have a family lawyer and ready to take action if needed, but I don't want to piss him off and completely screw me over. Any ideas??

Here is my "idea". Follow at your own risk.

Step 1. Buy can of Gasoline and........
Step 2. Call Police and report car stolen.....
Step 3. Live happily ever after.....????
MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:10 AM   #11
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
Here is my "idea". Follow at your own risk.

Step 1. Buy can of Gasoline and........
Step 2. Call Police and report car stolen.....
Step 3. Live happily ever after.....????
Aaaahhhhh.....so this is why California gets so many wild fires.....
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:30 AM   #12
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonstuart View Post
Yeah you need a lawyer and I'd get my car out of there ASAP. It's obvious somethings going on that's he's not making you aware of.
I agree. Get it back ASAP !!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #13
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
I would also want to sue for loss of use and other damages to make your car right at another shop.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #14
Rooster OG

Drives: 2016
I would get it out of there ASAP. I’m curious what shop it is too. Good luck!
Rooster OG is offline   Reply With Quote