Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-02-2015, 09:30 PM   #57
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Actually I was quoting this where you mentioned the DMV:

Dealers can give you any made up story they want. Weather it comes from truth or just something they overheard someone say they heard from someone else's best friends cousins uncles grandmothers neighbor.

I think the infrastructure to allow manufactures to be able to give state DMV's accurate information about recalls is pretty far off. And I don't think they would they start with this key recall. Its really a non-issue compared to other recalls out there. Plus they're going to have to classify how severe a recall is to determine if it's something that should keep you from re-registering your car.

If this was such a safety concern to get the state government involved, it wouldn't be so easy to reverse the recall. And it wouldn't be so easy to just walk into a dealership and just get a new FOB with the key still built in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
Just got my renewal notice from Cali DMV. Says nothing about not issuing new tags unless recall is done. I have not received any letters from the DMV telling me to do the recall or they won't issue me new reg tags....BTW, my 2014 was purchased during the stop sale last year, and I got the new key/fob setup with the car.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...ka1ziRJWSs1T-Q

Ok ! This is the thread that ppl was saying the dealer and DMV website said registration renewal without recall being done.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #58
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I called the number on the mailer and told them to take me off the list. They asked why, and I said "if i told you it was a drag car and no longer had a key would that do it?". They supposedly removed me. I assume they just marked it completed.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:07 PM   #59
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
I replied to their email on Thursday asking for push button start rather than the key fob swap. They (GM customer Support) tried to call me on Friday but i didn't answer. Left a message stating they will try and call me tomorrow afternoon to discuss.
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #60
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
They are pissing me off. Called dealer and emailed. Got a response saying I have to have it done since it is safety related.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:54 PM   #61
L99camaro55
11CGMSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS L99
I just got my new tags las month with no problem.
L99camaro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #62
BacktoGM

Drives: 2019 Black SS
same for me keeping mine
BacktoGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:02 PM   #63
Ashen 6.2

Drives: 2014 Camaro Z/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlsmith17 View Post
I replied to their email on Thursday asking for push button start rather than the key fob swap. They (GM customer Support) tried to call me on Friday but i didn't answer. Left a message stating they will try and call me tomorrow afternoon to discuss.
So the GM CS tried to call me twice since Monday but I wasn't able to take the calls. I called them back this morning and the rep said they are wanting to make sure everyone is aware of the recall and find out why they are not getting it completed. I let him know that the odds of my knee hitting the key is slim based on how I sit in the car. Told him that when I travel and get a Malibu or Impala rental car my knee can hit those keys with ease and asked why wasn't there a recall on those as well. He stated he took note of that concern and asked what it would take to get the recall completed. I told him the only way I would consider it is if they replaced the ignition switch with push button start. He thanked me for the feedback and confirmed that I understood the reason for the recall and thanked me for my time.
Ashen 6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:15 PM   #64
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
I just went to the dealer and asked if I could keep my keys. They cut new ones and gave me back mine!! Now I have 2 spares. I keep one hidden on the vehicle.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:12 AM   #65
EricsCamaroRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
This recall is a redneck hack. I'm not letting them saw off my key fob and leave a lint collecting hole in its place. I signed the waiver too but am still getting postcard after postcard. If they created a key blank to be inserted in the place of the old one I would consider the recall.
EricsCamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 09:08 PM   #66
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Recall post cards, emails, phone calls what's next knocking on our doors? I opted out on two cars and the harassment continues. G.M. you can fix it, but it will be for the next owner.

G.M. I'm keeping my keys and your not cutting them up.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #67
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I got an email last week and a post card in the mail yesterday. I wish they would just eff off! Its my car and I paid for it so they won't be telling me what do with it...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #68
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I just got ANOTHER key recall in todays mail. It never ends.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #69
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
Got a recall for my keys also just a couple of weeks ago. This is after going in personally and asking them to take my name off the list. Not that I really care, it is their nickel for the cost of all the reminders.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #70
JB12ZL1

Drives: victory red Camaro ZL1
It's hilarious they ignore all the other issues with the car...but the key fob is a number one issue for them. What a joke I couldn't hit the key with a go go gadget knee.
JB12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote