Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: What do you think of the style of the 2015 Mustang?
Really like it. 62 21.99%
Undecided, but leaning positive. 80 28.37%
Undecided, but leaning negative. 69 24.47%
Don't like it at all. 71 25.18%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #29
19car69

Drives: 2012 1LS
The dashboard looks way to busy to suit me. I like things a little less cluttered feeling.
2012 1LS, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Apex scoop, Apex water bottle relocation, VMax Ported TB, Vitesse Throttle Controller, BMR Sway bars, BMR 1.2" drop springs, Koni rear shocks, Elite catch can, Solo Performance V6 Mach X-LFX Cat-Back Exhaust, Hex Vents, 1LE strut tower brace, Barton short throw, separate clutch reservoir, American Racing TORQ THRUST M 18X9, HiTS radio with reverse camera, GM Blade Dovetail spoiler, 2010 leather wrap steering wheel, vented engine cover, added Homelink to overhead console.
19car69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
If that is the real Mustang I like it a lot. Good job Ford! More choices for us. Can't wait for the 500hp updated standard 5.0. Low 12s off the showroom floor. Might be some jumpers.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
First off we don't know if the images here are the turbo 4, V6, or GT, and I'm sure there will be some subtle differences based on which one it is, so that could make a difference.

As I posted earlier, the looks should be no surprise to anyone whos been digging for 6th gen Mustang information like I have. I have stopped short of giving a solid opinion since we hadn't seen a real image yet, but now that we have:

I think the car is attractive and I look forward to seeing one on the road or on the dealer lot, but to me its nothing that will go down in history as favorably as say the 5th gen Camaro. To me, 5th gen Camaro design is iconic, but so far I'm feeling that this is certainly not. This Mustang looks nice enough, but doesn't have much wow factor for me.

It has kept some Mustang characteristics which is a good thing, but at the same time lost some of that American heritage while trying to take on more of a "global" appeal. I'm seeing just as much Asian influence, if not more than European. The other sad thing (my opinion of course) about this car is that it has the current corporate Ford face stamped on it. So instead of being like the 5th gen Camaro or Mustang which had their own styling, this car just looks like a sportier Fusion coupe. GM, if you are listening to us please keep giving the Camaro its own brand of styling, instead of going with the corporate look which almost always fades away over time and is forgotten.

Can't really speak on performance yet, but I have no doubt its going to be a killer, and will put the current gen of pony cars to shame.

My opinion could change somewhat as I see more of this car but so far I think its nice...but no homerun. Reading the Mustang forums, I'm seeing mixed feelings.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #32
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
If that is the real Mustang I like it a lot. Good job Ford! More choices for us. Can't wait for the 500hp updated standard 5.0. Low 12s off the showroom floor. Might be some jumpers.
You'll be waiting awhile b/c its not going to be 500 HP.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #33
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
It looks pretty good. I don't like the c-pillar; A few other models are adapting that half fast back/rake design (accord, vette, scion-mitsu twins).

I hope the camaro doesn't follow with a similar design.
Scion/Subaru twins
Old 12-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #34
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
First off we don't know if the images here are the turbo 4, V6, or GT, and I'm sure there will be some subtle differences based on which one it is, so that could make a difference.
The admin on the Mustang site says it's the base v6.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #35
MustangMnky

Drives: 2004 Mustang GT
Quote:
Post 77 of this thread says its a base v6:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969
MustangMnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #36
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
You'll be waiting awhile b/c its not going to be 500 HP.
According to some pretty solid sources it will launch with current 430hp Coyote but will be replaced "several months later" with a new 500hp version. It is of course rumor for now but it wouldn't be the first time Ford was done that sort of thing with the Mustang.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #37
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
1. If this is legit, which a lot of "sources" are confirming, I bet someones getting fired lol.

2. It's a lot less fusiony then I thought it would look from some of the spy photos. So thats a big relief.

3. Interior does seem a bit busy.

4. Love the more "fastback" look to it, love the rear, and side profile and some shots of the front would have to see in person.

All in all I can't tell right now if I am impressed or disappointed. I am glad it still looks like a mustang, maybe it was the hype online about how its going to be all new and how it is not a huge departure could be why I feel somewhat disappointed. I will still wait for the 5th to make a final judgement.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #38
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Congrats to Ford. Looks nice. It won't get my money, but I am sure it will sell. GM: Target the new Mustang's weight and go below it for the Gen 6 Camaro. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #39
87GNX

Drives: Alot
The 500 hp model will be years later not months.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #40
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
From the side all i can see is a 370Z. The ford Front end, and busy interior are a fail IMO.
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #41
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Should I be impressed? I'm not. Especially the tail end - I can't believe they're sticking with that same ugly-ass sloping tail light setup.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #42
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Should I be impressed? I'm not. Especially the tail end - I can't believe they're sticking with that same ugly-ass sloping tail light setup.
This rear looks better BY FAR

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ear-view-2.jpg
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote