Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-06-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Rear signal lights show fault, but both work...

I have a 2012 Camaro SS. Recently, I had my HID headlights replaced, (The entire housing.), and now get a signal on the information panel that whenever I signal left or right, that my rear signal lamps are out. I should note that previous to getting my headlights replaced, it also gave me this signal. (I also get the sped up sound of the signal when I use them.) Is there a fix for this?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 02:24 AM   #2
titlepiper

Drives: camaro 5
The issue you're experiencing with the rear turn signal lamps and the speeded-up sound could be related to a few different factors. You can check Bulbs: Verify that the rear turn signal bulbs are functioning properly. It's possible that one or more bulbs are burned out. Replace any bulbs that are not working. Or examine the wiring and connections associated with the rear turn signal lamps. Look for any damaged or disconnected wires. Ensure that the bulbs are securely seated in their sockets.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:02 PM   #3
Muddyboots

Drives: Pontiac GTO
The current can flow through unintended paths.

Regardless of appearances... The ground circuit must be checked to confirm that it is in fact grounded CORRECTLY.
That means locating it, taking it off, loose, inspecting (your choice of methods). Many inexplicable phantoms are caused by poor grounding.
Horror stories of money flushed down the toilet due to faulty grounding.
When an electrical appliance or system is not properly grounded, the current can flow through unintended paths.
Muddyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:44 AM   #4
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
The easy thing to do is just replace both rear tail lamp bulbs. Both of mine burnt out
after a few years and I never had the problem again. Others here have done the same.
I did mine myself in just a few minutes.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:04 PM   #5
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
The easy thing to do is just replace both rear tail lamp bulbs. Both of mine burnt out
after a few years and I never had the problem again. Others here have done the same.
I did mine myself in just a few minutes.
This. I had bulbs and changed my housing in my Sierra Bulbs were working fine. Installed old bulbs. One didn’t work. Had to change bulbs.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:56 AM   #6
GrandAmGT

Drives: 2010 1LT & 2016 Cadillac CTS V6
Interesting that you made this post. I recently got a DIC message saying my rear left turn signal was bad, and I got the rapid turn signal noise, but it has gone away and both left tail lights are working. I may have my shop check for a bad ground. But tail light bulbs don't slowly fail right? Either they work or they don't work right?
GrandAmGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 11:12 AM   #7
Mouse330

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2006 GMC Sierra
Even though I've seen grounds cause issue like this....bulbs working but blinking fast, The Left and Right do not share the same grounds. There are 4 separate grounds. One ground per corner, I've come across plenty of times the resistance through the bulb themselves can cause these issues. I would suggest buying bulbs all the same manufacture and trying that. European cars are famous for this. GL
Mouse330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 01:49 PM   #8
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAmGT View Post
Interesting that you made this post. I recently got a DIC message saying my rear left turn signal was bad, and I got the rapid turn signal noise, but it has gone away and both left tail lights are working. I may have my shop check for a bad ground. But tail light bulbs don't slowly fail right? Either they work or they don't work right?
When my rear bulbs went bad I got the dash warning. Left rear was bad so
I replaced it. Fixed. 6 Months later the same warning, replaced the right
rear bulb. Fixed. Several others here have had the same problem and only
the bulbs were bad, nothing to do with a ground.
Old 01-30-2024, 03:23 PM   #9
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
Are the rear bulbs incandescent?
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:42 AM   #10
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
have you checked your fuses?
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 09:12 PM   #11
MireyaScripter

Drives: I'm sorry, but I don't have any car
Make sure to inspect the rear turn signal bulbs. Sometimes, a simple bulb replacement can resolve the problem. Ensure they are securely seated in their sockets.
MireyaScripter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 08:35 PM   #12
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MireyaScripter View Post
Make sure to inspect the rear turn signal bulbs. Sometimes, a simple bulb replacement can resolve the problem. Ensure they are securely seated in their sockets.

Good idea