Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-20-2024, 06:24 PM   #15
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Doesn't look bad. Cutting it out.
2011 Camaro 2SS, 6.0 iron block forged bottom end, Dart heads, BTR intake, Huron twin turbo kit, Summit stage 3 twin turbo cam, Circle D stage 4 6L90, 3800 FTI converter. BMR suspension, Viking coil overs, Fore triple pump fuel system.
IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:53 PM   #16
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKILLEDSUPERMAN_ZL1 View Post
Doesn't look bad. Cutting it out.

I agree!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 10:43 PM   #17
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Ha! Cutting out the old blend door and in with the new will be much quicker than taking apart the whole dash!
No coubt! I was being sarcastic

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:16 AM   #18
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
No coubt! I was being sarcastic

Oh I knew that!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:32 PM   #19
SummitWhite11

Update: Haven’t gotten the chance to bring it in to be looked at but as of now it only blows heat. No cool air coming in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-24-2024, 11:53 PM   #20
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Update: Haven’t gotten the chance to bring it in to be looked at but as of now it only blows heat. No cool air coming in at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This sounds like to me that you are out of freon.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 02:39 AM   #21
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
This sounds like to me that you are out of freon.
I agree with Mr_Draco. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 01-25-2024, 04:21 AM   #22
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post
There is a video on YouTube that shows a guy putting a borescope in on the passenger side interior and it shows the blend door perfectly. So you can cycle the AC and see if its operating correctly or not. I tried it on mine and it only took a few minutes to see if it was the problem or not. The borescope was only like 20-30 dollars on Amazon. I can send you the link to the video of your interested.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wTatquprmJ4
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:36 AM   #23
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
turn the a/c on,let it run a few minutes and check the metal tubes coming from the compressor.if ones cold and the others hot its not low on freon.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:40 PM   #24
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
turn the a/c on,let it run a few minutes and check the metal tubes coming from the compressor.if ones cold and the others hot its not low on freon.

Thanks everyone. I will try this and see what I come up with. Hopefully I can take the car in sometime next week to be serviced if it is indeed low on freon. If it isn't then I have the new aluminum blend door on hand ready to install.

Old 01-31-2024, 09:46 AM   #25
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
might be too late to chime in, but I took mine to Firestone for the $15 check up. they claimed so much and offered $1,900. well, I took it to a random hole in the wall place and turns out it was the valve right on top of the radiator. that piece was $15 and they charged me $220. that was a good deal because recharging the system in a vacuum is not something most people can do at home.

point is, get a second opinion if you haven't already.

ps/edit: no issues since.

edit2: buy a freon at autozone or whatever you have nearby. the worst that will happen is you will lose it all. it's a $40 trial. I did this.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:07 PM   #26
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
might be too late to chime in, but I took mine to Firestone for the $15 check up. they claimed so much and offered $1,900. well, I took it to a random hole in the wall place and turns out it was the valve right on top of the radiator. that piece was $15 and they charged me $220. that was a good deal because recharging the system in a vacuum is not something most people can do at home.

point is, get a second opinion if you haven't already.

ps/edit: no issues since.

edit2: buy a freon at autozone or whatever you have nearby. the worst that will happen is you will lose it all. it's a $40 trial. I did this.

Thanks for sharing this. You are right about getting a second opinion! I still haven't had the chance to have it inspected locally at a shop due to my work schedule. I'm hoping next week will be the week to get it inspected to determine the cause for the issues I am currently experiencing.

Old 02-04-2024, 01:14 PM   #27
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
I also kept mine a few ticks off cold but it went anyway. It is like 1/4 warm all the time. I take the heater hoses off and put a bypass in it during the summer and it was never so cold as with no hot water going in there. In the winter I hook it up. To warm the cabin up I put it on recirc till i get comfortable and put it on outside air. If i get cold back to recic. Screw it im not doing that repair. Takes 5 min to put in the U bypass.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 04:41 PM   #28
SummitWhite11

Update: The line with the cap that goes on top of the radiator is not cold at all when the AC was left running for a bit. Looks like it is out of freon. I still haven't gotten a chance to take the car to a shop yet to have a look at due to my work schedule and family life. Fingers crossed for next week!