Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
AutoAgenda+Seibon=GRRRRRRR

A few months back I ordered a carbon fiber Seibon ST style trunk lid from AutoAgenda. Up to the point of buying it, they were very attentive and helpful. They always got back to me super quick and answered all my questions. So, I ordered one.

About 10 days later, it shows up at my house. I brought it inside, looked it over real quick but didnt have time to work on installing it right away because I was super busy with work. About another week and a half I was finally able to put it on, washed the whole car, wax, buff, etc. When I took the car out in direct sunlight I noticed the trunk like had these milky yellow hazy spots on it.

I looked on line to see what I could find out about it. It didnt seem like it could be from aging as I believe the lid was brand new. A few days late I had a detailer look at it to see if maybe it was something that could be buffed out. He said it didnt look like it was on the surface but somehow in the resin itself or something. I had it buffed anyway and it didnt help.

Another week goes by and I had a friend that works at Toray (a local place the build composites including CF for places like Boeing, BMW, etc.) and he too said it looked like a production issue during the curing or set up.

So I contact AutoAgenda, who had been so helpful and attentive during my purchase about it. So far, 4 weeks, 3 PMs, 3 Emails, and 2 phone calls and I have been 100% ignored!

Has anyone else had any issues with AutoAgenda or Seibon products? The car is always under cover when not in use, not to mention the trunk is only 2 months old (supposedly).

They already lost me and I bought my hood elsewhere, as well as some other stuff I ordered...

Needless to say, I am a bit pissed about it. An $800 trunk lid that looks horrible and a vendor that wont stand behind it...

My Vis AMS carbon fiber hood looks amazing and has none of these issues (and I bought it from a different vendor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Infinite-T

At the suggestion of another member I contacted Seibon directly. I got a message back saying "Autoagenda is an authorized dealer, it is very important that you contact them. What happened when you contacted them?"

I told them, NOTHING happened, they did not respond to emails, PMs and the two phone calls I made I was disconnected (twice) and the other time there was no answer.

I contacted both companies again yesterday, and still no response. To bad they aren't as responsive as they were when they were selling it to me...

On a side note I LOVE my VIS AMS CF hood I bought from ultimatemotorsX

Quote:
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
About 10 days later, it shows up at my house. I brought it inside, looked it over real quick but didnt have time to work on installing it right away because I was super busy with work. About another week and a half I was finally able to put it on, washed the whole car, wax, buff, etc. When I took the car out in direct sunlight I noticed the trunk like had these milky yellow hazy spots on it.
Is it because you waxed and buffed the carbon fiber trunk?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
Infinite-T

These spots were on it before we tried buffing it. This carbon fiber is clear coated and is intended to be waxed and buffed just as the clear coat on your paint.

I have a CF hood from a different manufacturer, but same stuff that does not have this problem and has been buffed and waxed twice (as per manufacturer directions) and it looks awesome.

Quote:
Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
That looks awful, I would not accept it.

How did you not notice that when you first looked at it?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I don't know what has caused this. It looks like the resin didn't cure properly. Be advised, if Seibon parts are exposed to sunlight for an extended period of time, the resin (clear coat) will turn a golden yellow color. It is not UV stable. I know this from experience.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #7
Infinite-T

I was not home when it arrived, so I did not see it the first time. The haze is barely visible in low light, but in bright sunlight, it looks like crap. It seems to be getting worse. The piece is only a few months old and the car is stored when not driven and has only been outside a handful of times since installed.

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
Infinite-T

Today I posted a picture of the trunk on their facebook page, asking when they will stop ignoring me. Within 3 minutes it was removed and I was blocked from their page.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #9
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-T View Post
Today I posted a picture of the trunk on their facebook page, asking when they will stop ignoring me. Within 3 minutes it was removed and I was blocked from their page.
Hell with them... there clearly ignoring a serious matter.

If they wont deal with you, call your bank or credit card provider and have them start a chargeback process. Your safeguarded and by the looks of things that vendor will have a struggle explaining to your bank/cc company why this happened(if they even bother with a rebutle). Hell, you might not even have to return the trunk... paint it and resell it, Nice trunk definitly would buy another if i were you.

I've had to do this before through ebay goods that werent received and it was quick and easy.
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #10
Infinite-T

I contacted Seibon DIRECTLY and we are working on a resolution. I will update when I have more to update with. They apologized for the "poor service I recieved from AutoAgenda".

Quote:
Old 12-21-2013, 12:53 AM   #11
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I know this is a couple of months old... but what happened???

So far Seibon has lost my interest in the products they sell.

Tags
autoagenda bad service, autoagenda problem, autoagenda review, autoagenda sucks, seibon sucks