Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Carfax is only good if the damage is claimed on the insurance. Since the dealership fixed it then no car fax. Also the car was never titled so it could be sold as a new car. We bought my daughter a car and we had checked the Carfax which was clean. Recently we were having some bodywork done through our insurance and I noticed that the heads of the front fender bolts were chipped like they were removed. Just saying that it happens a lot. So be aware if you buy a car with any miles above normal when new. Let us know what happens. Oh I thought GM had a 5 day return policy right now.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
It's between you and the dealer....not GM. I'd also be surprised if they get involved. For all GM knows, you agreed to the terms and knew it was wrecked when you ordered it.

Unfortunately, in this and age, you might need to contact an attorney.

Until then, get back with the dealer, ask to speak to the GM, tell the GM what happened and that the matter is totally unacceptable. Tell them you want to them to take the car back and under no circumstances are you going to keep a wrecked vehicle.

Good luck
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #18
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
If you bring an attorney into the situation, it can really tie up things for a while. The damage should have been disclosed to you upon purchase. However, if a dealer is willing to be this bogus, I wouldn't trust them. I'd at least talk to an attorney and see what they say. The dealerships may be franchises, but they have legal guidelines and agreements with GM to operate within. The damage disclosure amount varies by state.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #19
Devils950003

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
KerrDogg, let me say first that I am sorry to hear about your mother, and your car experience. Picking up a ZL1 should be nothing short of pure automotive ecstasy. And I appreciate the chances you take and the fact that you risk your life to save buildings and properties, but much more importantly, lives.

That being said, your letter is very poorly written and rife with grammatical errors and misuses. Please don't infer that I am implying that you are not bright, but your letter is all that Chris Perry is going to have to go on, and if it ever gets to him personally, he's probably going to wonder how you possibly could've missed what you are describing as fairly obvious damage, and let's face it, people do judge us on how we present ourselves, through both written and spoken word. Sending Mr. Perry a properly written complaint can only strengthen your cause. If you have not sent it yet, I'd be happy to fix it for you.

Best of luck...I hope this somehow ends with a positive resolution.
Devils950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #20
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils950003 View Post
KerrDogg, let me say first that I am sorry to hear about your mother, and your car experience. Picking up a ZL1 should be nothing short of pure automotive ecstasy. And I appreciate the chances you take and the fact that you risk your life to save buildings and properties, but much more importantly, lives.

That being said, your letter is very poorly written and rife with grammatical errors and misuses. Please don't infer that I am implying that you are not bright, but your letter is all that Chris Perry is going to have to go on, and if it ever gets to him personally, he's probably going to wonder how you possibly could've missed what you are describing as fairly obvious damage, and let's face it, people do judge us on how we present ourselves, through both written and spoken word. Sending Mr. Perry a properly written complaint can only strengthen your cause. If you have not sent it yet, I'd be happy to fix it for you.

Best of luck...I hope this somehow ends with a positive resolution.
That sucks. I would probably not buy a car like this with any miles on it unless you inspected it first. I would tell them to pick it up and give your money back and find a new car. There should be plenty available. Also, I would have been pretty concerned about the 1500 mile break in as it probably was not adhered to.

Last edited by JWR046; 12-25-2012 at 04:57 PM.
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
Jason, obviously this car had been in some type of accident that they were trying to cover up. Get it back there any which you can and invoke the MA lemon law on 'em !!! BTW: I went to McGEE Toyota about a year ago to look at a used pick-up truck. What a bunch of lying vultures. So glad I walked away from that one !!! Chevrolet should back you up on this too. I don't go for that separation of function bullcrap. The dealerships represent the manufacturer, they're all in it together, for better or worse. I sincerely hope you get every cent of your hard-earned money back after all is said and done. Keep us posted, thanks.
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #22
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
GM should step in and oversee the outcome of this.
I feel for you and this type of thing would definitely sour the taste of a new car.
Good luck and please keep us posted.
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Definitely contact the Mass Attorney Generals Office and file a complaint. I would also check into Massachusetts Consumer Protection Advocates. The McGee dealerships have a really bad reputation in the local area. I've heard many, many stories of them taking advantage of customers. Also go to "dealerrater.com" and write your story. Read some of the reviews, sure there are some happy customers, but look at the ones who had problems. They can't get their deposit back, their calls are ignored or my favorite line of all "the checks in the mail". Despicable dealership in my opinion. A co-worker of mine got really screwed by them, bottom line, his own fault for not being focused and checking all the figures before signing. They wrote down one set of numbers, then the typed contract had different figures. He assumed, big mistake, the numbers were the same as the hand written numbers. His own fault, and with his signature on the contract, well he obviously didn't have a leg to stand on. A two thousand dollar lesson for him. Take action, don't let them get away with it, this may just be a criminal offense. Read the fine print in your contract, good chance they added something specifically to cover themselves. They surely knew if you looked at the car you would not purchase it. Please write a review of your experience, it could help someone else. Sorry to hear about your loss.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #24
Jeff Boe

Drives: ZL1
Chevrolet can recind a francise to any dealer, especially disonest ones!
Jeff Boe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Hopefully they will respond to you in the proper manner, and offer your money back. I'm not sure what being a Firefighter has to do with anything, but you might also check with your finance company and see if there is any recourse there. Getting the car back there may cost you some cash, but might be worth it in the end.

Good Luck..
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #26
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
I don't like McGee Chevrolet. They don't have a good reputation here in Mass. I heard nothing but bad things about them.
If in Mass deal with the Best DeSantis Chevrolet in Brockton Mass.
Bought my 2010SS and my ZL1 from them, no money down and no questions asked how I was going to pay for it. They were only able to order one 2012 ZL1 and it was for me, many people wanted to pay them extra for it and they turned them down stated the car was sold and that was that. They could of very well sold if for more money but that is not the way they treat their customers. They are a honest dealer to buy from.
They also have a great service department.
Go see Dan DeSantis and buy your new car from them you will not regret.
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #27
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Car fax will only show something that's been reported. A dealer with a body shop can fix a wrecked joyrided camaro in house and unless they do a crappy job like they apparently did here. No one would be the wiser.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #28
ZL-Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I hope you everything gets set right for you. That's a horrible story and that dealer should be ashamed of themselves for taking such advantage of customers like that. Wish you luck bud!

I agree on the Carfax, when you buy a car Carfax usually doesn't have any incident reports until after you have made the purchase. Bought an 06 Pontiac G6 with a clean carfax report at that time w/ only a total of 4 records original purchase & title, looked less than 6 months later had 18 reports. I should have bought the Carfax then to take a good look, but by that point I already figured it all out on my own as I began to notice inconsistencies in paint and etc. So.. It got traded for my 2010 Camaro I bought brand new in 2010.
ZL-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote