Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Was first looking at a fully upgraded Hyundai Elantra or Kia Forte... Did the numbers and figured the difference in price between those and my dream car (camaro) was well worth it.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I debated between a Challenger or a Mustang DUB edition. All it took was one drive in the Camaro to know this was it. I didnt buy the one I drove. Bought a LT first then 7 mths later upgraded to my SS. Bought it sight unseen. Didnt even see a pic of it. Told my dealer (and friend) what I wanted, he found it 4 hrs away and a few days later she was here. Been in love since.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #17
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Don't hate to much, but I was looking at a 2014 Subaru WRX before I found the Camaro I bought.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Blue '13 Challenger.

Had the salesman some skills in introducing me to the product and not insulting my trade-in, it might have been.

Of course, in the back of my mind were the ratty 70's Mopars that rusted out at the sight of table salt and gave that tell tale "tinny" groan when being started up.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
BlueSteele

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My #1 was a 2006 Cadillac XLR with 32,xxx miles. I chose the Camaro because of the styling (XLR looks nice but too contemporary) and the customization potential.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #20
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Audi A6
BMW 3/5 series
Cadillac CTS
Dodge Challenger
Dodge Charger SRT8
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
(Used) Pontiac G8 GXP

I really like how pure a product the Camaro is: raw American-style performance. Sort of like a single malt whiskey. The performance had to be real - cornering and straight-line, along with build quality. I just love how it outperforms cars at twice or more the price. Permagrin from day 1.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
desieng

Drives: '11 SW 2SS/RS LS3 Vert
Almost went with a Lexus 350 but also looked around at some stangs but I didn't like that everybody and their grandma seemed to have a stang (wayy too many of them on the roads around here). Liked that the Maro would be unique on the road.
desieng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Blue '13 Challenger.

Had the salesman some skills in introducing me to the product and not insulting my trade-in, it might have been.

Of course, in the back of my mind were the ratty 70's Mopars that rusted out at the sight of table salt and gave that tell tale "tinny" groan when being started up.
Cool car - I actually have a '13 R/T Blacktop w/ STP and love it, but I love my Camaro more. It's more "me." (and faster = ) )
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
I was saving to buy a 2005-2008 Viper convertible but I was a year or two away from saving up enough for the purchase plus would have wanted to mod the Viper with coilovers, aftermarket wheels, headers & exhaust. Not being blesssed with a lot of patience I found a year old Camaro SS convertible LS3 with 2653 miles on it and never looked back.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
was going to get the mazda rx8 or nissan 350z but got the camaro.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Since it was a mid life crisis, is what people are telling me, I looked into and test drove a used 2010 or 11 SS but dealer wouldn't deal. Then I looked into a new Mustang until I sat in one. I am a big guy and that didn't work. I went to look at a Corvette convertible, a 2001 I think it was. Drove close to 400 miles to look at it and didn't even get to look at it. Decided to head to my 2nd option that day and at least test drive the V6 Camaro since I thought the SS was a little more than I wanted to shell out at the time. Well, when I test drove it I could not believe the power of the V6, sounded not so half bad for being short 2 cylinders. I had a set number I wanted to pay before I even went to test drive, it cost me about 7 c-notes more than I wanted but bought my 2012 1LT and have been enjoying it ever since. I do wish that I could have bought an SS, still do, but glad I got this car. I have put a little more into exhaust and the few mods I put on it than I intended but I love the car. Only regret is I bought a black car, 1st and last I will say. GM didn't make it in a blue I like so I went with what was available and thought I would try a different color besides red.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I looked at a '12 Corolla, a '08 tc, and a '10 Genesis. Then I got a promotion and at work and started looking at a new Genesis and test drove a '13 5.0, didn't know how to drive stick but the salesman insisted. Like a good American I spent my raise before I got it and bought my '13 1ls
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
ThingFish

Drives: Black 2012 LS M6
The only requirement I had when I was shopping for a new car was that it have a manual transmission. I looked at—
• Ford Mustang
• Honda Civic Si
• Subaru WRX
• Subaru BRZ
• Dodge Challenger
• Hyundai Genesis Coupe
• Fiat 500

Mustang, I didn't care for the base interior, and prettying it up would've run more than I wanted to spend.
I had a hard time wrapping my head around almost $30k for a Civic.
WRX felt too much like a toy.
BRZ was too hard to find and the dealership wanted too much (April '12).
Only 1 new Challenger in the Chicagoland area that I could find with a manual at the time that wasn't the top-of-the-line car, and the wife had a hard time accepting a V8.
Genesis Coupe had a wonderfully racy V6, but the shift linkage was so vague that it almost felt like a FWD cable setup.
The Fiat was a blast to drive, but the clutch pedal pushed the end of my foot back with every shift, which would drive me nuts.

And what I really wanted was a Morgan 3-Wheeler, but as a daily driver in Chicago, that might not be the wisest choice.
ThingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
Zl1Hellbat

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Hellbat
I had a gtr on my mind for a while but Id rather have a mean American muscle car that I can make unique to myself. zl1 all the way no regrets what so ever.