#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 06-08-2015, 01:44 PM   #43
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
I have a company Beemer 320 and an SS; what does that make me then?.... I had no choice - company issued it to me.
I think it makes you a guy with a pretty nice company car!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #44
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
I'm all good with that brother! If BMW had had just a wee minor part in the chassis design of my SS and Chevrolet had contributed to the seats of the Beemer I'd be one happy guy! - Truth be told they're both great 'Car guy - cars' and surely that's what it's all about. Ain't it?...
Yellow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #45
Ravenwood

Drives: 2010 2ss
So, about a month ago, I was sitting at a light with a 2014 Camaro in front of me by a car or two, when a new BMW (not sure of the model, but not an M) pulls up next to me. Women in the car yells over at me, "Why do you guys buy those cars? I see them everywhere! I'm not being rude I just want to know." This was asked in a very condescending, holier-than-thou tone... Which I thought was ironic.

I say, "Race you and I'll show you." To which she says, "I'm about class, not about speed." Then gives me a two fingered salute/wave and rolls on by. Never had anything like that happen before, but I guess that fits the profile for the type of driver.
Ravenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #46
Yellow 1
Grumpy Grey-haired Guy

Drives: Camaro, Corvette & Merc C300(daily)
Nope.
Yellow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #47
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
If you'd like to sound knowledgeable about BMW's you should take note that a "Beemer" is a BMW motorcycle, a BMW automobile is known as a "Bimmer".
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #48
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 1 View Post
I have a company Bimmer 320 and an SS; what does that make me then?.... I had no choice - company issued it to me.
Fixed it for you.

Bimmer VS Beemer, Do you know the difference???
http://forums.motortrend.com/70/6337...nce/index.html
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #49
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
There are douchebags out there driving all types of cars. Yes, even camaros.
100% correct. I was amused by this thread; I don't judge anyone for what they drive. There's a lot of assumptions in this thread. What kind of guy drives a Mercedes? This former 2012 Camaro SS owner; that's who.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #50
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Hmmmmm it's a camaro forum.....we can bash whatever we want. You will find no brand is fully exempt from this. So if your upset about what's said...thats to bad.
It is a Camaro forum. Maybe someone could take the high road once in a while instead of coming off like a bunch of whiny little C&NTS. We have car enthusiast that own other brands that stop in from time to time. And this is how you choice to represent the entire Camaro forum and all Camaro owners.Thanks for that.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 06:13 PM   #51
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Prius drivers and 4x4 diesel trucks are the ones that act like A-holes in my neck of the woods.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:33 PM   #52
JKooL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS
Does driving the BMW make the human an asshole or does the getting in the asshole BMW make the driver an asshole?
JKooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #53
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I'm here for the and
Old 06-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #54
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKooL View Post
Does driving the BMW make the human an asshole or does the getting in the asshole BMW make the driver an asshole?
To some degree, it could be the car. People who have never been able to afford a capable car might get in one and suddenly think they own the road because they have better acceleration, braking etc. This would not be BMW specific though. It would more likely have to be the case that BMW advertising, reputation, etc. attracts assholes for a larger proportion of assholes to be driving them.

The BMWs I run into around here are generally 3 or 7 series. The 7 series guys are using getting somewhere too so I follow them, they follow me makes no difference. (on another note I think a lot of people follow me because they assume the cop will pull over the red Camaro before the minivan) 3 series are all over the map.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #55
Gino_7

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
I think it depends on the area you are living in. I live in a small city called Parkland, pretty wealthy area. When I mean every person drives a audi, mercedes, or bmws. I mean every person does. My dad drives a cls 550, gorgeous car. But the point is people in my area don't drive douchy because every person has a nice looking car. But you start to notice when you drive around to other places that are a bit less wealthy, there are only a few with those types of cars feeling that they own the road. I love my camaro, but I am gonna be straight honest. Those german cars are very nice.
Gino_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #56
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
Do you know the difference between a BMW and a cactus?

A cactus has the pricks on the outside.
as a former BMW owner that actually hurt a little. Still funny. To the OP, it's only the ones driving those 3 Series who act like that. When I used to drive my 7 Series I never acted like that and the guy I sold it to certainly doesn't.

I don't know your age, but me being in my mid 20s, it's harder for me to resist the urge to drop the car in gear and let them have it. Maybe it's because I have passengers in my Mustang or I don't want to lose my licence?