Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-27-2015, 08:16 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Is it my age, or do dealers suck this bad?

I'm 26, and so far my dealer experience has been SHIT.. Every dealer. Not just Chevy ones. I'm young, and I don't show up in a 3 piece suit. But dealers don't call me back, don't email me back, don't approach me when I get to the dealership. I have to HUNT them just to get someone to look at me.

Can anyone explain this to me? I want to buy locally, but will resort to Becky if I have too. Regardless, I still want to buy locally and deal with nothing but shit.. Is this what car buying really is like?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Always will be. Age, the vehicle you drive in, your clothing, EVERYTHING is a huge factor on this for 99.9% of the dealerships you will go to. It is as simple as them loosing business and go shop elsewhere.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Pretty much, at least Domestic dealers anyway.

There are some good ones out there. I found a great Chevy dealer. Just keep looking around and Ask to see a sales manager. Then ask him for a salesman that's got some experience , in other words, not the first guy that walks up to you. The good guys are in their office is making deals. Ever wonder why the guys standing around are free?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
I take it you have shopped at multiple dealers and had the same experience? Hard to explain why you have had such a bad experience.

One of the things I hate about dealers is how they hound me immediately as I pull up. Unless I am test driving a vehicle, I tend to avoid the whole sales experience at dealers. I like to do my negotiation through email and the sales manager directly. Typically, I workout deals from multiple dealers in town.

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I find the salesmen to be less informed about the vehicles I am looking at. I normally tell them what is what etc.

I only deal with the people inside once I want to run numbers. But being 33 now and in a $45k car pulling up has helped. Also calling ahead and making an appointment also helps, even if you do it 5min before you arrive.

When I was in my 20's I had to hunt for people.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #6
danman_s

Drives: 2009 Silverado 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I'm 26, and so far my dealer experience has been SHIT.. Every dealer. Not just Chevy ones. I'm young, and I don't show up in a 3 piece suit. But dealers don't call me back, don't email me back, don't approach me when I get to the dealership. I have to HUNT them just to get someone to look at me.

Can anyone explain this to me? I want to buy locally, but will resort to Becky if I have too. Regardless, I still want to buy locally and deal with nothing but shit.. Is this what car buying really is like?
I'm 30 and I have the same problem. At my local Chevy dealership (where I've been buying vehicles for the past 10 years), I was looking at the new CTS-V and the sales guy flat out asked me if I was interested in looking at something that would be more in my price range.

I don't buy many brand new vehicles anymore since I get tired of fighting with the jackasses working at the dealerships. Management doesn't even care when you complain about these guys. I was brushed off when I wanted to really make a stink about it.

My own company had a fleet deal with this dealership in question, I've since shut that down and taken the business elsewhere.

The sad part is that the best treatment I've had at a dealership was at Mercedes when I was interested in a C63 AMG. Those guys gave me more respect that Chevy/GM ever has. I didn't end up buying the car, but I gave a recommendation to my parents that ended up buying an SUV from there.
danman_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
My car is the only thing I'm happy about & my dealership had nothing to do with that. They suck
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #8
pkssauce

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I am 33 and look younger.

I had an apt to test drive a 2016 2SS. I got to the dealer 5 min ahead of time, found the car and hovered around it. No one came to me. I walked around the car for 15 min, then went into the dealer. No one talked to me, even after I walked around inside like an idiot for five minutes. I went back outside and walked around all the 2015s in the lot. Went back inside, then back out. No joke more than 45 minutes had passed since my original arrival. Finally someone came to me and asked if I needed help. I explained my appointment and I was off on the test drive. I was with the sales manager and I clearly knew more of the car then he did; understandable since I read this forum daily, but still felt wrong. After a sad test drive (forced me to keep it in snow mode during a clear day, 45 degrees and haven't seen snow yet this year) I said thank you and left.

I called Becky that same day and ordered my car.

TCFCB4
1000: 12/08/2015
2000: 12/08/2015
3000: 12/10/2015
3000: 12/12/2105 - TPW 1/11/2016
3100: 12/18/2015 - TPW 1/18/2016
3300: 12/23/2015 - TPW 1/11/2016
3400: 12/24/2015
3800: 01/19/2016
4300: 01/20/2016, 4200: 1/28/2016, 4300: 1/29/2016, 4B00: 1/30/2016, 4200: 2/7/2016 (train), 4800: 2/19/2016, 5000: 2/22/2016, 6000: 2/25/2016
pkssauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:13 PM   #9
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Go to BeckyD, problem Solved!!! Don't even bother yourself with the local jokers, you will save yourself loads of hassle and time. Becky would most lickely get you you're Camaro faster than any local dealer could anyway. Mine was delivered to Becky 6 weeks from order, can't beat that.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:36 PM   #10
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Definitely age and appearance. I visited 3 dealers (including the dealership I purchased my 2016 camaro from). First dealer completely disregarded me because I was young (25) and they really hated me once I knew I had more knowledge about the vehicle than themselves. 2nd dealer nobody would talk to me but some 20 year old paying his way through college. The 3rd dealership (where I purchased my camaro from) started out a bit rough. The first salesmen I spoke to was very unenthusiastic. He even had the nerves to ask me if I could afford the vehicle (I guess coming in there with a jogging suit and some Nike shoes led him to believe i might be out my price range). I asked for the manager at that point to find me his best salesman or I'm taking my money and leaving. 3 mins later a negotiated a deal with a new salesman and drove out in my brand new 2016 camaro
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:37 PM   #11
jaymsu
Yeti's Daddy

Drives: ATS-V, Prowler, M6 V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Go to BeckyD, problem Solved!!!
3000: 9/04/15 <TPW:10/19/15>
3800: 10/19/15 <VIN: 117740>
6000: 12/16/15
jaymsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #12
JAyyD

Drives: Toyota corolla s
I feel you, the dealer Im going to order from didn't want to be rude but they were trying to gentle tell me I wouldn't be able to afford it. I am 22 and look like I'm fresh out of highschool -__- it wasn't until I got a little serious with them and after a few minutes of talking I got to test drive the V8. Ordering soon(: don't be afraid to approach them. They may think you can't afford it because you look young but can you blame them? They probably go through that a lot and I know the feeling working jn sales myself..
JAyyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:17 AM   #13
Raybreiding

Drives: 2016 CAMARO SS2
Samsumon:
Welcome to the club. I am 69 and have the same problem. I pay cash for cars.

I had the same problem when I bought my 2012 and again now with 5 different dealers including the one I am with from whom I have bought 3 personal vehicles and numerous business vehicles plus $20,000 per year in service revenue to them.

I had to go to STL for my last Camaro and we have a really big dealer here. I gave one dealership multiple chances to sell me the car and they ignored me even though I have bought from them in the past.

Go figure

Buy from Becky. I Wish I knew about her when I ordered in August but still no car. It was a TPW of 12/8 and shipped a week later. No car and I live 76 miles from lansing

Not sure its an age thing but maybe since I dress like one of you youn guys it is.

PS my dealer complained to me about low margins. Then don't sell the Camaro. I am his fIrst and only allocation. Better not find a lot of mileage on the car or it's time to see Becky. A lot of dissatisfaction throughout this forum with many dealers.

Go with Becky.

PSS and th dealers do not know squat about the G6.

Last edited by Raybreiding; 12-28-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Raybreiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:39 AM   #14
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raybreiding View Post
Samsumon:
Welcome to the club. I am 69 and have the same problem. I pay cash for cars and when I finance, I have a 850 credit score.
I had the same problem when I bought my 2012 and again now with 5 different dealers including the one I am with from whom I have bought 3 personal vehicles and numerous business vehicles plus $20,000 per year in service revenue to them.

I had to go to STL for my last Camaro and we have a really big dealer here. I gave one dealership multiple chances to sell me the car and they ignored me even though I have bought from them.

Go figure

Buy from Becky. I Wish I knew about her when I ordered in August but still no car. It was a TPW of 12/8 and shipped a week later. No car and I live 76 miles from lansing

Not sure its an age thing but maybe since I dress like one of you youn guys it is.

PS my dealer complained to me about low margins. Then don't sell the Camaro. I am his fIrst and only allocation. Better not find a lot of mileage on the car or it's time to see Becky. A lot of dissatisfaction throughout this forum with many dealers.

Go with Becky.

PSS and th dealers do not know squat about the G6.
how do you have an 850!?

I want to order local since I have them in person if something is wrong with my car.. I really think I can make it happen. Becky is 19 hours away, so any money I save goes right back into shipping the car to me..
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote