Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-11-2022, 05:28 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Go stand in front of it with your cellphone and a sound meter app and hold down the panic button on your remote.

Then take off the bumper, reposition the horn so it's pointing directly out the front of the car. Then it will be louder. Hell there's enough room to install a train horn up front if you really think you need one.
Not terribly accurate. I have the same app installed on two different phones and they give significantly different readings in the same environment at the same time.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 01:22 PM   #16
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
The camaro in my opinion has a pretty decent sounding horn unfortunately many drivers just ignore you and don't care just like many other vehicles out there seemingly don't have functioning turn signals.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:35 AM   #17
Marozl1LE

Drives: Camaro gen 6 zl1 1le
Hello Guys can anybody tell me who are the location from the horns ????

Or Pictures maybe I Hear just a click on the front of the car under the fusebox if I press it on the steering wheel.

Fuse are OK must I remove remove the front bumper

Thanks for your support guy's 🙏
Marozl1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 10:28 AM   #18
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Not gonna lie, it's bad up there. Nothing like NYC, though... these things are somewhat relative
Phoenix is getting there.

PHOENIX — Two Phoenix police officers were injured and two civilians were killed in a shooting Sunday night.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:25 AM   #19
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Get a horn out of a 5th generation Ram 1500, they are ubnoxiously loud

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #20
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Thread not resurrected by a spam bot but by an actual member in post 17 with a legit issue. While I don't have your answer, I do applaud you for using the search function first

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #21
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marozl1LE View Post
Hello Guys can anybody tell me where is the location for the horns ????
If you are hearing a click I would first check the relay, which is KR3 in the underhood fuse block. I think the "R" in the designation may mean it is not serviceable, as it is built into the fuse block. Maybe someone else here remembers.

The location...
well, to get to the horn (which is a dual horn) you need to remove the front bumper fascia, which sounds like a bit of work. The horns are located just in front of the hood latch mechanism and maybe about 6" down, where they are bolted to a cross member.

EDIT:
yep, it's a PCB relay:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=16

Front fascia removal guide:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443603

HORNS, AHOY!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=14

Last edited by ctrlz; 08-30-2022 at 12:10 PM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 12:12 PM   #22
Camden45

Drives: Chevrolet Chevy
I find my right foot is the best horn available. I think the terrible driver who illegally went straight into the freeway on ramp from an intersection that is only allowed to go left or right can attest to that.
Camden45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:08 PM   #23
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Not terribly accurate. I have the same app installed on two different phones and they give significantly different readings in the same environment at the same time.
The secret is because its two different phones with two different microphones..

For the sake of measurement though, if you use the same device and same application, you would be able to measure the difference between a before and after.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:22 PM   #24
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
The secret is because its two different phones with two different microphones..

For the sake of measurement though, if you use the same device and same application, you would be able to measure the difference between a before and after.
I get what you're saying, but there are too many factors that throw the readings off so that you don't have any idea how close to reality any measurement actually is. The absolute most definitive conclusion that could be drawn is whether the sound of the horn "after" is the same or different and there would be no way to quantify how much different.

As an aside, I've tried recording cold starts of my car using an iPhone, Google Pixel 6 Pro, GoPro Hero 8, and a Zoom H4 recorder. I've done this using very specific positions to set the devices, and the results in "how it sounds" across the different days I've done it changes pretty noticeably simply because of ambient noise differing.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 01:58 PM   #25
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
simply because of ambient noise differing.
You could probably get pretty reproducible measurements in a garage. Unplug any fridge or freezer if needed. Distance and direction you hold the mic on a phone will also be factors. A lot of home theater receivers come with an omni for setting the speaker levels. Might be able to plug that into a laptop.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 02:45 PM   #26
Marozl1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
If you are hearing a click I would first check the relay, which is KR3 in the underhood fuse block. I think the "R" in the designation may mean it is not serviceable, as it is built into the fuse block. Maybe someone else here remembers.

The location...
well, to get to the horn (which is a dual horn) you need to remove the front bumper fascia, which sounds like a bit of work. The horns are located just in front of the hood latch mechanism and maybe about 6" down, where they are bolted to a cross member.

EDIT:
yep, it's a PCB relay:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=16

Front fascia removal guide:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443603

HORNS, AHOY!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=14

Thanks man for your help also you mean if under the fusebox is clicking my kr3 relay are broken its right?? And this relay is integrated in to the fusebox is that right?? Also I need a new fusbox between this relay ?? Holy shit

My horn was good before I remove the cable from battery bc the car was standing 2 months in the garage after this my horn doesn't working again
I hope I can found the problem ...
Old 08-31-2022, 04:17 AM   #27
Marozl1LE

Hello Guys next day my horn works no issues anymore I don't touch anything I think my fusebox had issues I wanna changed that by a new one I think

Edit i hear the relay It's not more working again I order new fusebox we want see

Last edited by Marozl1LE; 08-31-2022 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:45 AM   #28
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
A few comments on this thread about NJ and NYC…
Some on here, might not know, but it’s a serious ticket if you are caught honking your horn in NYC….
It’s also likely, based on the fact that there are sometimes seem like four cops at every intersection….and violent crime is still rampant
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horn