#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-24-2024, 03:08 PM   #1
The Camaro Cave
Keeping the Faith Again!

Drives: 2024 Camaro 2SS Collector Edition
Post Garage 56 Edition Completed

Here you go guys and gals a full photos and video of a completed 2024 Camaro ZL1 Garage 56 Edition, explanation of what you get and where it goes on and in the vehicle. All 56 units are coupes in RJV Riptide blue and 15 Units across America are still for sale available.

Video:
The Garage 56 project is a collaboration between NASCAR, Hendrick Motorsports, Chevrolet, Goodyear and IMSA — bringing together the winningest team, manufacturer and tire in NASCAR’s 75-year history.
Garage 56 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1

Longtime Chevrolet partner Hendrick Motorsports, all-time leader in NASCAR Cup Series championships and race wins, was selected to field the team and construct the Garage 56 Camaro ZL1 race car. Renowned drivers Jimmie Johnson, a seven-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion; Jenson Button, 2009 Formula One World Champion; and multi-time Le Mans winner Mike Rockenfeller will drive the Garage 56 Camaro ZL1 at Le Mans.

Goodyear, both the official tire of NASCAR and the tire manufacturer for all sixth generation Camaro variants, provides Goodyear Eagle tires for the Garage 56 race car.

Chevrolet’s Motorsports Competition Engineering team brought more than two decades of Le Mans knowledge, experience and success with Corvette Racing to help optimize the Garage 56 race car.

During talks between leadership from Chevrolet and collaborators at NASCAR, Hendrick Motorsports, Goodyear and IMSA, it quickly became clear that such a special race car needed to be accompanied by a production car representing yet another significant accomplishment in Camaro’s storied motorsports heritage. Chevrolet’s Performance Design Studio was again tapped to distill the essence of the race car into a limited-edition road car.

“When adapting a race car appearance into a production car, you want to showcase themes, proportions and colors without making the car look out of place on the street,” said Marc Mainville, senior manager, GM Motorsport Design Studio. “The Garage 56 Edition captures the feeling of the race car while allowing the car’s athletic lines to be in the forefront.”

The design starts with the new-for-2024 Riptide Blue exterior color and adds a graphics package that pulls in colors and themes from the race car, including thin gold stripes that accent a larger white stripe running from hood to rear decklid. On the hood, just beyond the nose of the Camaro, is the NASCAR 75th Anniversary logo — matching the logo’s prominent placement on the race car. The gold and white stripes become an accent to the monochromatic stars and stripes visuals that start on the engine cowl on the hood and extend to the roof.

A special Garage 56 badge is located on the front fenders, replacing the Camaro badging, and a Hendrick Motorsports logo is added to the sail panels in a similar position to the ones on the race car. Satin mirrors and a black fuel door with carbon fiber inserts are additional exterior highlights, while the interior receives Garage 56 emblems on the floormats and a Garage 56 steering wheel badge.

Each car will come with three additional graphics that buyers can choose to equip their Garage 56 Editions with that represent the collaborators and are drawn from their decal positions on the race car: a NASCAR windshield header decal, white Goodyear front wheel arch decals and door decals displaying 24, the number run on the race car.

The Garage 56 Edition also features unique aero, with the front fascia of the Camaro ZL1 1LE featuring dive-planes like the race car, and a NASCAR Cup car-style wicker bill spoiler on the decklid.

Like the race car, the production car’s power comes from the Small Block engine family. The Camaro ZL1’s 650hp LT4 V-8 is under the hood, and the Camaro rides on Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar rubber.

In the spirit of Garage 56, the Camaro ZL1 Garage 56 Edition will be in a class of its own with only 56 cars to be produced for the U.S. market.

#camaro #carshorts #ss #chevy #camaross #collectorsedition #chevrolet #zl1 #cars #zl1camaro #garage56 #nascar #nascar56 #teamchevy #chevroletcamaro #chevrolet #chevycamaro #zl11le
Attached Images

The Camaro Cave is a place for all Camaro enthusiasts to share everything Camaro! New 2024 Camaro News and exclusive information! Send us video’s of you and your Camaro memories, adventures, installs, collection, Owner Interviews, or whatever you want to share with the Cave dwellers. Like the cave, share the cave! Our cave is your cave! 🏁-Andrew & Tonja

Camaro the legend lives on…!
Keep the faith!
The Camaro Cave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:13 PM   #2
The Camaro Cave
Keeping the Faith Again!

More Pics

More Photos:
Attached Images

The Camaro Cave is a place for all Camaro enthusiasts to share everything Camaro! New 2024 Camaro News and exclusive information! Send us video’s of you and your Camaro memories, adventures, installs, collection, Owner Interviews, or whatever you want to share with the Cave dwellers. Like the cave, share the cave! Our cave is your cave! 🏁-Andrew & Tonja

Keep the faith!
Old 01-24-2024, 03:30 PM   #3
The Camaro Cave
Keeping the Faith Again!

Letter of Authenticity for Garage 56 Edition

Mailed to Customer Post Delivery of course.
Attached Images

Keep the faith!
Old 01-24-2024, 03:58 PM   #4
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I am not a fan of blue, but with all the badging and decals, I could get used to it. All it needs now is a Rothman’s cigarette sponsorship decal somewhere on the car, and it would be like the old days!
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:40 PM   #5
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
A paint matched blue calliper would have been another nice touch.
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:53 PM   #6
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
Beautiful Camaro indeed!
Old 01-24-2024, 07:21 PM   #7
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
I think the Garage 56 car is cool. I had a Riptide Blue ZL1 on order last year, but the order never got picked up so I love the color. I'm not necessarily a fan of all the Nascar related decals though or the price over a regular ZL1. I do like the rear spoiler though. At the end of the day it's a parts bend car with decals.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 07:29 PM   #8
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Better than the Panther edition in every way.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:08 PM   #9
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Better than the Panther edition in every way.
Agreed! More limited number produced(= more rare) and NO MATTE paint!! Those two reasons alone are why I'd choose the G56 over the ZL1 Panther. Only knock for me on the G56 is that I LOVE the American flag on the hood insert, BUT am not a fan of the flag stripes continuing onto the roof and trunk. Looks kinda gaudy to me.... I think it would look a bit better just having the car color instead of the stripes. But HEY! That's just me and my measly opinion...to each their own!!
Old 01-24-2024, 09:09 PM   #10
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
I think the Garage 56 car is cool. I had a Riptide Blue ZL1 on order last year, but the order never got picked up so I love the color. I'm not necessarily a fan of all the Nascar related decals though or the price over a regular ZL1. I do like the rear spoiler though. At the end of the day it's a parts bend car with decals.
Agree with your assessment on this!
Old 01-25-2024, 05:36 AM   #11
ukester

Drives: 2016 z06
All it takes is way more money than a ZL1
ukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 01:43 PM   #12
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTMARE23 View Post
Agree with your assessment on this!
Speaking of the parts bin, I wish GM would have put black wheels on the G56 Camaro. A set of ZLE wheels would have looked nice or even some ZL1 or 1LE wheels painted black would have looked more like the Nascar G56.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 03:20 PM   #13
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Speaking of the parts bin, I wish GM would have put black wheels on the G56 Camaro. A set of ZLE wheels would have looked nice or even some ZL1 or 1LE wheels painted black would have looked more like the Nascar G56.
Yes, I think black wheels would have been better also! It would have at least set it apart a little more, you know?!! I like my stock graphite color wheels on my black ZL1, but agree black ones or the ZLE's would have been a better choice on the G56.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:25 PM   #14
Anom1LE

Drives: 18' 2SS 1LE, 94' Z28
Absolutely disappointing, but what else can you expect with GM now. I mean look at the overly cheap crap they put on that ZL1 to fetch that kind of price tag. The sloppy and very low quality embossing with FAKE carbon fiber. Literally laughable. I could keep going but... what's the point.

1994 Z28 - Direct Port Nitrous - Multi Magazine Feature Camaro Z28
Anom1LE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro zl1, garage 56, garage 56 edition, garage 56 edition zl1, zl1