Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #29
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Are you coming to Camaro fest?
unfortunately no.............i'm working
Old 05-01-2014, 06:00 AM   #30
Inferno1LE

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantXSoldier View Post
Anyone want to put together a kit for resale? I foresee some money to be made off this mod?
I could put together a plug and play kit where you would just unplug the factory relay and plug in a wire harness with a switch. It would still require you to drill in a switch and run the wires.

What do you think would be a fair price for a kit like that?
Inferno1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #31
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Well what's the rough cost of materials? Then add some money for time and shipping. It would probably come in around $25-$35. Total swag on my part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #32
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1LE View Post
I could put together a plug and play kit where you would just unplug the factory relay and plug in a wire harness with a switch. It would still require you to drill in a switch and run the wires.

What do you think would be a fair price for a kit like that?

Let me know what you think is a reasonable price. I've never really been to knowledgable when I comes to electrical wiring. But a plug and play kit would be right up my alley. Thanks PM sent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #33
ProfessorRhone

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE
First of all great work gentlemen!! I'm wondering if this mod could be made wireless like the mild-to-wild?? Not really a fan of running/hiding wires. Though if I must I will. Love this mod! I'm a novice here so just slap me if I'm being dumb
Dual-Mode, Recaros, Sunroof, Nav
----------------------------------------
ZL1 Rockers
RPI Stealth Splash Guards
De-badged (except blacked-out front bowtie)
ProfessorRhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #34
Inferno1LE

Anything can be wireless, but I never liked the idea of carrying around a remote, and not everyone has the garage door opener (myself included), plus if I did, I'd open my garage with it.

I think $25 to $35 is a little on the cheap side personally. I'm sure someone could make something like this cheaply, but if I were to do it right, it would take some time, so I think $50 would be fair. All you would do is plug in a relay and drill 1 hole for a switch. Running wires in the Camaro is really easy, so I don't think anyone should have a problem.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:49 PM   #35
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I would definitely be interested in buying a plug'n'play kit
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #36
daspes

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS Camaro 1LE
Same. My wireless DIY has crapped out. Now it's like I'm running with the fuse pulled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red Hot 2SS 1LE, SP LT headers and HF Cats, CAI intake, lots little crap here and there.

2005 Laguna Blue Matte GTO, RMR CF body Kit, Banshee hood, OBX LT headers, HF Cats, Vararam OTR intake, little crap on this ride too.
daspes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 AM   #37
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
everything is $100 nowadays

inferno1le, make my idea easier. lol

thinking out loud to make plug-n-play kits
wireless: need 2 relays to act as the 3 way switch, a block/module that acts like an extender for the existing relay, custom wiring harness, 3 position wireless trans & receiver and velcro
wired: block/module that acts like an extender for the existing relay, custom wiring harness, and 3 way switch

actually using inferno1le's method is no more compllicated than buying footwell lighting and installing it yourself. this would be tough to market, because he came up with such an easy solution

we would probably make more by helping folks install the mod themselves. they bring food and beer. plus meet more enthusiasts in your area. win-win
Old 05-02-2014, 01:43 AM   #38
DefiantXSoldier

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS/1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Anything can be wireless, but I never liked the idea of carrying around a remote, and not everyone has the garage door opener (myself included), plus if I did, I'd open my garage with it.

I think $25 to $35 is a little on the cheap side personally. I'm sure someone could make something like this cheaply, but if I were to do it right, it would take some time, so I think $50 would be fair. All you would do is plug in a relay and drill 1 hole for a switch. Running wires in the Camaro is really easy, so I don't think anyone should have a problem.

Sold. Sign me up inferno1LE. PM me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DefiantXSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #39
Inferno1LE

Seems like a PNP kit would be a hit...

I'll source some parts this weekend and see how long it takes me to get it together, and if I like how it turns out. If all goes well, I'll make a few kits and we'll take it from there.

As for the wireless, I'll leave it up to h018871. I think you're about right as far as the materials go. You may be able to eliminate the factory relay all together, I'd have to think about it.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #40
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
My ideal installation spot for the switch would be in the overhead console where the sunroof switch would be...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #41
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Hey, I don't mean to put you down, you did a great job figuring that out and it will work perfectly that way, but there is a much simpler way to accomplish this.

You can cut the blue/yellow wire going to the rear fuse block, and wire in an on/off/on rocker switch. Here is a crude diagram of how I wired my NPP.

When you're done, the 3 positions will be flaps Closed/Open/Normal.
Ok, so here's a stupid question for someone with limited electrical aptitude. I have this on/off/on toggle switch. On the back of this switch there are 6 terminals labeled 1 - 6 (2/5 are for supply, 1/4 are one load and 3/6 are the secondary load). Based on this diagram I'm assuming I use terminals 1-3 on the switch, is that correct? I'm trying to think about how the current is traveling in each position (other than off, I get that part), but I'm not completely understanding.

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #42
Inferno1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos_Drivin View Post
Ok, so here's a stupid question for someone with limited electrical aptitude. I have this on/off/on toggle switch. On the back of this switch there are 6 terminals labeled 1 - 6 (2/5 are for supply, 1/4 are one load and 3/6 are the secondary load). Based on this diagram I'm assuming I use terminals 1-3 on the switch, is that correct? I'm trying to think about how the current is traveling in each position (other than off, I get that part), but I'm not completely understanding.
You have a different type of switch than a standard 3 pole on/off/on rocker. I don't know what the pin out of your switch is, but you may be able to use it. On the other hand, I think my 3 pole switch was $1.50 for 2 shipped from China, so you may be better off just getting a different one.

Tags
dual mode exhaust, npp, quiet exhaust, stealth exhaust