Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #15
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Like this I hope

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 AM   #16
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I here ya. I like them too ,but If we recreate every gen ,we'll just end up back at the beginning. I think it worked with the 5th gen because the 1gen is by far the most sot after. That could change once the older generation starts dying.

I think the Camaro is selling so well because the retro look isn't so in your face like say the Challenger that looks a lot like the old ones. The Camaro has a hint of old with that modern flare.
its the balance factor if they would have gone any more retro it would have ruined it any more future styleing it would have ruined it and vice verse too little GM got lucky on one behalf because they NAILED IT not too much but not too little much like the balance of the car almost prefect 52/48 so if GM was to do the car 1970's style they would need to balance it again tall order to hit with the same lighting bolt IMO

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #17
Shock Em

Drives: '15 AGM 2SS/RS, '12 ZX6R
Well...shit...I guess I picked a bad month to not pick up Camaro Performers...A moving spoiler would be interesting.
Shock Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #18
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Because even though the look is selling well now, what you propose assumes that they'd be able to keep these sorts of volumes 10 years from now, and thats just not going to happen. They don't need to do a dramatic change like they've done between every other generation, but I can see them evolving the current design.

Besides, grafting the 5th gen styling onto the new alpha platform will probably turn out as well as Dodges efforts to make the Avenger look like a baby Charger.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #19
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder11150 View Post
Why can't they just design a new camaro? Why does it have to look like old ones? Don't get me wrong, i love the older generations, I just wanna see what they can come up with from scratch.
good point i think to play it safe and keep going on what GM and other car makers are doing i mean this whole retro modern muscle car was started with the mustang DONT FLAME ME PLEASE ITS TRUE anyhoo so there going with what works and that worked when the mustang went back to its fast back roots i was like cause i love classic muscle and it was an epic moment

but also time and money wise starting from scratch would take years and years money and money GM is just trying to pry the goverments hands off there necks and get back to being indepentent again with the bail out over so i dont see how they have the money to burn to build a car from scratch right now camaro or no

Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #20
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
its the balance factor if they would have gone any more retro it would have ruined it any more future styleing it would have ruined it and vice verse too little GM got lucky on one behalf because they NAILED IT not too much but not too little much like the balance of the car almost prefect 52/48 so if GM was to do the car 1970's style they would need to balance it again tall order to hit with the same lighting bolt IMO
ya i must agree, i was just looking at my car the other day. they really did nailed it. i can see a good mix with the older gen.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #21
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just refresh gens 1 thru 4 all over again? I'm good on that. I think they need to develop on what they have now, or come up with something new.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:59 AM   #22
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
ya i must agree, i was just looking at my car the other day. they really did nailed it. i can see a good mix with the older gen.
what nailed it for me truely is when i had mine parked next to a 1969 z28 and i compared body lines when its next to the frist gen you can TOATLY see the 69 in it but when its parked all by its self you can see its modern styleing so it depends how you look at it

its like an optical illious you look from one way its one thing but same object from another veiw its another it just blends so well to what ever its around

like in a mall parking lot next to all them cars it looks future stands out like POW

but go to a muscle car show it just blends in completely with ever other muscle car around it and seems like it was made so so long ago

i freaken love the styleing of my baby

Old 07-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #23
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
Like this I hope

I am glad you posted this picture. I was reading a old thread about the gen 6 with this in it and i found the article along with it.

so for those who remember that, and would like to know what that page says.. here you go

"Imagine this scenario: During the development of the production fifth-generation Camaro, a separate design is being prepared for global marketing purposes. Only three of these vehicles will be handbuilt by GM to showcase America's ability to create a heavyweight GT supercar. Straight-line, top end velocities are the goal of the project. Several "non-staged" appearances will be made worldwide for the media. Imagine seeing video footage of the three Camaros destroying the autobahn at over 200 mph ...
Accompanying that hypothetical story is this page of preliminary sketches exploring the idea. Maybe the overall proportions would be slightly different, but with the same gesture of the production version. Shrink the scale of the vehicle just a touch to get the weight down, push the front wheels out forward, and then suck the cab back into the rear haunches. Incorporate a rear air brake for faster deceleration from high speeds. Slam it, bellypan it, and make it look pissed off. What would the rest of the world think?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #24
esperman
You Can Call Me Jay

Drives: 2010 1LT RJT Manual w/CAI & Solo
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So here's your concept. the 5th gen looks like the 1st gen, make the 6th gen look like the 2nd gen, 7th gen to look like the 3rd gen, 8th gen to look like the 4th gen, 9th gen to look like the 5th gen, 10th gen to look like the 6th. See where I'm going with this.
no thanks. Evolve the 5th gen image...rehashing 2nd - 4th won't work, especially since the 4th was a failure.
esperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #25
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Because even though the look is selling well now, what you propose assumes that they'd be able to keep these sorts of volumes 10 years from now, and thats just not going to happen. They don't need to do a dramatic change like they've done between every other generation, but I can see them evolving the current design.

Besides, grafting the 5th gen styling onto the new alpha platform will probably turn out as well as Dodges efforts to make the Avenger look like a baby Charger.
I agree with you with regards to evolving the current design. It makes me think of the gradual evolution of the corvette from the 4th to the current 6th Gen.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #26
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I'd rather see it evolve to even more like the '69 Z28. Optional hideaway headlights and hounds tooth, back windows that go down... Shrink the whole thing down the current Mustang size to compete better in that weight class. Increase the greenhouse a bit to improve visibility and ATM useability.

Basically take a '69 Z28 and modernize it but keep the classic lines. Some of the Pro Touring '69 Z28s out there that people have customized are absolutely stunning.

Body lines like this:

but lose the chrome, darken up the tail lights, lower the roof just a hair..... and of course, call it a Z28

Last edited by Russell James; 07-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote