Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Thread Closed

Old 10-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #43
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Agree with it all you want to. You're wrong and so is that cynic prof that taints minds. If evil exists then good does as well. It's been debated for ages and evil surely exists. Compassion is a real thing, and from compassion springs 'good'. Many people, who have nothing to gain, have no stigma of 'doing bad' to shed or avoid, and who have no witnesses to their acts, aid perfect strangers because they please to do so. Nothing to gain, something to lose, and they choose to do right. That these people are rare simply proves the point that they exist. The fact that they know right from wrong doesn't skew the results. How can it? Knowing geography doesn't allow me to dictate where Africa is; it just lets me know its location. Saying that there is no 'good' is just rationalizing a tendency to not feel accountable for behavior, while feeling forced to do what others expect by societal norms.

Far too many professors color their students' minds in college. That abuse of position steams me. Sour coots telling kids that their world view is right, and preaching about socio-political topics instead of the course they were hired to teach. Pissed me off at 19 and it pisses me off at 43 to think that a cynical codger can pass his sourpuss BS on to kids as if it were mana.
Im assuming that you never took a sociology course in college. Lol. Filled with ideas that don't make sense.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 AM   #44
slakjak1215

Drives: 2014 1LS
I could be wrong but, I think it's illegal for a police officer to enter private property without consent, reason or a warrant. So they should not be able to sit on private property to give tickets. They also cannot enter your home without the above three and cannot enter on your land without the above three.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #45
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
I think the OP is really just mad that is is 230 bucks instead of at 100 fine. I would try and go with the there was no sign there. Go back take pictures of where it happened and if there is no sign then maybe the judge might be nice and reduce it. But if there are double yellow lines you crossed then your SOL and just pay it and move on.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #46
xfgjfjdyj

Drives: ford
Wow you learn something everyday I tell you.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #47
PT145SS

Drives: 2011 2SS, 2008 MB E50, 2004 RAM
I did not read the entire thread and someone else may have stated this already. In my opinion the cop was on property where the public is invited and through normal observation witnessed the OP make an illegal u-turn. Nothing so far sound like it might violate the Ops 4th amendment rights.

If a cop stops to get a cup of coffee at the local stop-and-rob and witnesses a robbery in progress at a store across the street as he is exiting said stop-and-rob. Does that mean he would not be able to stop or pursue the bad guy because he was on property in which the public is normally invited? Does not make sense, does it?
Old 10-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #48
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigk View Post
In my opinion LE keeps the Morons in check which allows the rest of us to live in peace. Occasionally, some of us will slip, do something stupid, & have to interact with them. I know a few cops & you have to remember that they deal with trash all day & it's hard to turn that switch off at will. If you want a good example of the general public look around the next time your @ the DMV.
+10000
Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #49
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
OP you have no defense. LEOs are allowed to run radar from private property or a private drive way.
If by private driveway, you mean residential private driveway, no the hell they're not, unless it's their own.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 10-03-2014, 09:35 AM   #50
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
If by private driveway, you mean residential private driveway, no the hell they're not, unless it's their own.
As long as they have ready access and they are not blocking the driveway, yes they can.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #51
nevrenz

Drives: 2011 RED Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by black. View Post
Criminal or non-criminal your still is a court of law, are you not. Which means someone accused you of something which gives you the right to defend yourself. You have the right to cross examine your accuser, let the state come forward and explain how I did them wrong. I was driving 55 in a 35 okay cool did I harm someone or their property, was there someones dog in the street, a bike I ran over, a little kid in the street with a balloon. Did I deprive someone of their personal liberties if I did let them come before the court and make a claim. There's a difference between claim and complaint. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse sir.

Its traffic violation. You broke the law regardless if you think your not harming someone or something. Example: Sign reads Maximum speed 35MPH. You are doing 55MPH, you are now breaking the law. The maximum speed for the road you are traveling on has been determined SAFE at 35MPH, anything over that speed is now putting yourself and others in danger. The posted speed limits are there not as suggestions. They are there to keep a SAFE speed.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #52
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
Not really, they are there to profit by the misfortune of others. Use law to profit, legal highway robbery. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth is real law, not US law where law is purchased.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray View Post
Not really, they are there to profit by the misfortune of others. Use law to profit, legal highway robbery. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth is real law, not US law where law is purchased.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Maybe you should move to Iraq if it's so bad here.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #54
jcamaro37f

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Maybe you should move to Iraq if it's so bad here.

Same thing I tell people who complain about the US and their lack of freedoms.. I've been to a few countries where these people should go and complain there.

Hate US so much, you aren't being held here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #55
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
As long as they have ready access and they are not blocking the driveway, yes they can.
uhm no. a cop may not park in my driveway and run radar, whether he blocks it or otherwise.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
Old 10-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #56
zcngxzcfgthfh

Drives: ford
I'm lost why would you fight It if you did it?
Closed Thread