Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #1
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
New in the 'Hood and about to shop. . .

Great info guys. I've been a BMW guy for over 20 years, but the price tag increase and performance decrease started my eyes wandering. I owned a brand-new custom ordered C6 Vette for about a year, but it started getting some squeaks, and was an auto tranny, so I sold it and went back to BMW.

I currently roll a 428i Gran Coupe, and as nice as it is, I'm bored. I want a stick shift and a convertible again. my wife had some body damage on her car, so she got a loaner, which i quickly returned for a 2016 Mustang convertible. Nice car actually, love the seats, and the interior is WAAY better than I remembered Ford.

Realizing there's more bang for the buck in American-built, I started reading all the comparos and now I'm starting to obsess over the Camaro option. Still haven't driven one yet, but put my BMW on CL to get out of my lease.

The Mustang I currently have is the weak(er) 4cyl. turbo, and it feels bloated/gutless, but I'm going to drive the V6 and V8 Camaros tomorrow, I think.

I've searched the forums here for hints on getting the best deals (I'm in Southern California), when I bought the Vette I remember there were Friends and Family deals, and other somewhat "secret" incentives. The GM card is something I'm not familiar with either.

Is there a quick primer somewhere to "learn me" some good dealing's with the Chevy dealers? I'm searching and finding some good bits, here and there.

Looking forward to joining the tribe.

Joel
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
inramana
rawpoly

Drives: Hyper blue 1SS M6
Shop for 2016s

There seem to be excellent deals available for the remaining 2016s. All the best finding a manual though.
inramana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
Great info guys. I've been a BMW guy for over 20 years, but the price tag increase and performance decrease started my eyes wandering. I owned a brand-new custom ordered C6 Vette for about a year, but it started getting some squeaks, and was an auto tranny, so I sold it and went back to BMW.

I currently roll a 428i Gran Coupe, and as nice as it is, I'm bored. I want a stick shift and a convertible again. my wife had some body damage on her car, so she got a loaner, which i quickly returned for a 2016 Mustang convertible. Nice car actually, love the seats, and the interior is WAAY better than I remembered Ford.

Realizing there's more bang for the buck in American-built, I started reading all the comparos and now I'm starting to obsess over the Camaro option. Still haven't driven one yet, but put my BMW on CL to get out of my lease.

The Mustang I currently have is the weak(er) 4cyl. turbo, and it feels bloated/gutless, but I'm going to drive the V6 and V8 Camaros tomorrow, I think.

I've searched the forums here for hints on getting the best deals (I'm in Southern California), when I bought the Vette I remember there were Friends and Family deals, and other somewhat "secret" incentives. The GM card is something I'm not familiar with either.

Is there a quick primer somewhere to "learn me" some good dealing's with the Chevy dealers? I'm searching and finding some good bits, here and there.

Looking forward to joining the tribe.

Joel

Dude, this sounds exactly like my life.

I have been a BMW guy for nearly as long had every M3 from the e30 to the e92. Wife has an M235i and I had a 335i tuned up the wazoo. But I was getting so bored. The car felt disconnected, the exhaust sounded like a fart. Yeah it was fast but with these turbos I felt like it would blow anytime. I was always anti-American (grew up racing used BMWs with my father that we built out). Then the camaro one motor trend car of the year. So while I was back home in Miami, my father and I went to go test drive one. Well needless to say a week later he bought one and a month after that (this past weekend) I bought one as well.

As for the "deals" Southern California dealerships are TERRIBLE. Rude, and not willing to deal at all. So I searched online, found a great dealer in Phoenix and drove out there. Got a 47k MSRP car for ~36k. No down payment, no BS. Just negotiated my trade which I was under on (so total a little over 40k). The service was awesome and they will definitely deal unlike any of the SoCal dealers. For example the same car I got, I was negotiating for another with the exact same options and all here in LA, they wouldn't budge more than 2-3k off MSRP for a 2016 that has been sitting on their LOT since May. May!

So I said screw this and found one in AZ. That's what I recommend you do.

If you want my contact's info in Phoenix let me know. He will hook you up with a decent deal. Plus he is a salesman that actually knows everything about this car, which is refreshing after dealing with BMW salesmen who don't know shit (like telling me and my wife that the M235 was "a naturally aspirated V8").

-M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:19 AM   #4
HyperBlue

Drives: 2011 MB E350 wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thescout6 View Post
As for the "deals" Southern California dealerships are TERRIBLE. Rude, and not willing to deal at all.
EVERY southern California dealer? I live near Keyes Chevrolet, did you shop there as well? That was going to be my first stop.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:19 AM   #5
JBinSD

Drives: '23 LT Vert M6'16 Hyper 2SS Vert MT
Sure, was there any emissions or titling issues buying in AZ? I definitely agree BMW is heading in the wrong direction right now, and the cars have gotten boring. There are a couple nicely trimmed cars here in SD, but I haven't even driven a Camaro yet. I usually like to "geek out" and learn about them before I drive one, and I'm guessing I'm going to dig it. . .
JBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote