Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #29
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Curious to here more of your thoughts on the v6. How was it from a dig? Did the power application feel linear? Was the car eager and engaged for the driver? Happen to have NPP and if yes how was the sound?

You said the v6 felt compliant. Different shocks/spring rates than the SS? Or are you comparing it to mag ride in track mode?

Have you ever driven a 2/3/4/5 series BMW? How would you compare? I feel like the V6 camaro compares favorably to the euro coupes. (SS to the m series's'ses'z of course).
Old 11-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #30
LT1

Drives: 2005 GTO & 1973 Mercedes 220D
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
Curious to here more of your thoughts on the v6. How was it from a dig? Did the power application feel linear? Was the car eager and engaged for the driver? Happen to have NPP and if yes how was the sound?

You said the v6 felt compliant. Different shocks/spring rates than the SS? Or are you comparing it to mag ride in track mode?

Have you ever driven a 2/3/4/5 series BMW? How would you compare? I feel like the V6 camaro compares favorably to the euro coupes. (SS to the m series's'ses'z of course).
I felt the V6 was great from a dig! I thought the power application was very linear and the thing felt like it revved to the moon before changing gears. My favorite part of the V6 was the sound it made when equipped with NPP. The V6 I drove had NPP and it sounded VERY VERY good! I don't know exactly how to explain it but when you upshift the car at WOT it snarls like hell through the gears!

I believe the V6 comes with more compliant shocks than the SS, yes. The ride was definitely smooth but it handled very well and it felt light on its feet. I have driven my friends 2014 BMW M235I but I don't really feel that's a direct competitor to the V6 so I can't comment on that.

Either way, if you decide to go with the V6 or the V8, I think both cars will have their advantages and I can't see anybody looking back on their choice.
LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #31
LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Nice. I was very disappointed that Chevy didn't have a Gen 6 in their booth on Sunday. I still haven't seen one in person!
At a dealer near you soon, my friend!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #32
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
I felt the V6 was great from a dig! I thought the power application was very linear and the thing felt like it revved to the moon before changing gears. My favorite part of the V6 was the sound it made when equipped with NPP. The V6 I drove had NPP and it sounded VERY VERY good! I don't know exactly how to explain it but when you upshift the car at WOT it snarls like hell through the gears!

I believe the V6 comes with more compliant shocks than the SS, yes. The ride was definitely smooth but it handled very well and it felt light on its feet. I have driven my friends 2014 BMW M235I but I don't really feel that's a direct competitor to the V6 so I can't comment on that.

Either way, if you decide to go with the V6 or the V8, I think both cars will have their advantages and I can't see anybody looking back on their choice.
Most excellent descriptions. Very well worded and written. Thank you greatly! And all is good news..... Precisely what I wanted to hear. Hope I don't expect too much when my car gets delivered!

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 11-16-2015 at 10:23 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #33
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Don't get me wrong! It sounded very good and there was definitely a growl to it, I just didn't think it was as loud as everyone was hoping for. I think a lot of people who get the NPP might decide to go afternarket.
What can you do to it to make it a bit louder? rip out hat you paid for and get something else?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #34
LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
What can you do to it to make it a bit louder? rip out hat you paid for and get something else?
So I'm thinking you could get hi-flow cats and rip out the resonators!
If you really wanted to make noise you could go for long-tube headers as well with the other supporting mods. I bet this would make the npp sound amazing!
Old 11-17-2015, 11:13 PM   #35
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
@LT1
you with 6ī sit in one with a sunroof ;-)
Iīm 6.6..... you see a chance i will fit in ??

thx for this review and opinions !
the exhausts of Camaroīs 10-15 wasīnt that loud at all as i mentioned some times and every time i drove a 5.0 Stang i noticed itīs louder rumble outside and inside.
But 2015 seems quiet too :-(
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:58 AM   #36
LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
@LT1
you with 6ī sit in one with a sunroof ;-)
Iīm 6.6..... you see a chance i will fit in ??

thx for this review and opinions !
the exhausts of Camaroīs 10-15 wasīnt that loud at all as i mentioned some times and every time i drove a 5.0 Stang i noticed itīs louder rumble outside and inside.
But 2015 seems quiet too :-(
If I barely fit in the car with a sunroof I don't think you will fit being 6'6
I think you should still try and sit in one and see if you can fit with the seat all the way back!
Old 11-18-2015, 04:19 AM   #37
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Quote:
I had the chance to drive a few 2016 camaros at the find new roads event. I was there with forum member, white_camaro. Feel free to ask any questions!

I drove a 2SS A8 with NPP. I also drove the 2LT RS V6 A8 with sunroof and NPP.

2SS:
The car rides amazing on the steel springs without mag ride. I had the chance to drive the 2SS back to back 3 times. Nobody was there!!!! Those who opt for the 8 speed WILL NOT be dissapointed as the shifts were amazingly fast. I had the chance to floor the car a few times and holy cow!! I spun all of first gear, pulled a paddle and went sideways in second gear, stayed in it and went into third and was squirrly all the way into fourth.

Most of us will be in the break in period for a while and won't floor the car so don't be dissapointed if you give it 3/4 throttle and don't feel like the car is very fast.... Stay with me here people it will make sense in a second. I drove around mostly giving it 3/4 throttle and it felt fast and great....but.... When you floor the car though...It turns into a different animal!!!! The car will literally spin the tires even if you're already moving and floor it in third!!

I didn't feel like the gauges blocked my field of view. Yes they are rather large, however I didn't feel they obstructed my field of view (I'm 6 ft). The infotainment center was easy to use and smooth. Yes, it is sort of weird how it points down but I think we will get used to it.

So is there anything that wasn't good? Only one thing...And I hate to say it...I didn't feel the NPP exhaust was very loud. On the outside and from videos it's loud. But when you're in the car driving, I didn't feel like it was very loud. (yes, I was in track mode).

V6:
This car was definitely fun as well! Not the tire shredding monster the SS is, but it definitely has some power to it. Equipped with the NPP be ready for some crazy awesome sounds on upshifts. The V6 screams on upshifts!! The V6 was a very very smooth motor and the ride was soft. I think the V6 will make for a very good car for commuting and still have some power for when you want to pass mustangs and Brz's.

Overall, the event was great. Chevy set up an amazing event! They made it very easy to test the cars. All we had to do was pass a sobriety test and put down our license information. After the test drives we went to the chevy tent where they had BEER, grandmas cookies, pop, potato salad, chips, and hot dogs. I think the event was a success and went to it thinking I was only going to see the car, not actually drive it!!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Good to hear that the A8 feels strong on the SS. Don't see many automatic reviews.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #38
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Great review. Thank you for taking the time.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 AM   #39
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Thanks for the A8 notes, haven't seen very much in the way of review of it.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:18 AM   #40
Noob

Drives: AUDI 80
Quote:
If I barely fit in the car with a sunroof I don't think you will fit being 6'6
I think you should still try and sit in one and see if you can fit with the seat all the way back!
...terrible why chevy make outside such a big car and inside itīs smaller than a KIA RIO or a Golf.
seems i have to deal with these Stangs and without a sunroof, or a used 2007 BMW M6, plenty of room there.
Noob is offline   Reply With Quote