Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #281
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
If you are that incapable of driving a manual due to pain, you probably shouldn't be driving, period, but I digress. Then again, the physical incapability to drive has never stopped anyone from getting a driver's license. I doubt there are many one-legged race car drivers out there. Don't you?

Automatics do not perform around a track. They are straight line vehicles. A manual, when driven properly, will decimate an automatic. They don't belong in track-oriented types of cars because the shift points will never be optimal, no matter how good they are programmed. They are not faster, and won't be anytime soon, so it is an invalid comparison.

This isn't an opinion. Automatic transmissions are not used in a track-oriented cars for performance sake. They are there for sales. Most Americans are incapable of driving a manual transmission. It is simply for sales numbers and revenue. If cars were designed solely for performance, track cars wouldn't be offered in an automatic.
[edited to keep me from getting banned]

Maybe JusticePete can chime in on this one regarding the car he & Arrington built for a Camaro5 member..... I'll send them a link
Old 10-27-2015, 02:43 PM   #282
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
Priceless

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:49 PM   #283
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yep...he blasted Pill for being an outright liar, for once again misleading everybody, yet guess who gets the ban hammer. Ridiculous.
Thepill is a train wreck that you can't help but watch. A real dancing bear to laugh at.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:51 PM   #284
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Yep...he blasted Pill for being an outright liar, for once again misleading everybody, yet guess who gets the ban hammer. Ridiculous.

Was it verified that the guy was a MT editor? If so, wow.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #285
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Was it verified that the guy was a MT editor? If so, wow.
He's a site admin for them at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #286
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
He's a site admin for them at least.

Wow crazy. Cant call people out or you get banned and post deleted. I dont have a account but I've been reading there since the spy shots of the 6gen Mustang.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:38 PM   #287
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I think it had to do with the nature of the call out rather than the callout. 2gtnh ZaneWayne and a few others have survived there and they call him out constantly.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:41 PM   #288
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Thepill is a train wreck that you can't help but watch. A real dancing bear to laugh at.
The best part is him claiming K&N and Laguna Seca are right next door and the only reason they didn't publish the track results is because the Camaro got its ass kicked. K&N is in So Cal and Laguna Seca is up north. I can't wait to see how he spins this one.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:48 PM   #289
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I think it had to do with the nature of the call out rather than the callout. 2gtnh ZaneWayne and a few others have survived there and they call him out constantly.
I think you have to have "established" yourself over there in some manner, whatever that means. DiMaio90, ZaneWayne and those guys have apparently done that and they also know how to tackle Pill's posts in the right way.

I'm not officially banned but have not been able to post over there due to some sort of "shadow ban." None of my posts will go through. Hell, I'm not even allowed to edit any of my own profile on that site. I think it's because in my very first post over there, I quoted Pill and tried to correct one of his many miss-informative posts. I'm betting one of the moderators saw that and just assumed I was a troll and placed some sort of shadow ban on my name.

Even though I didn't name call, bash or disrespect anyone, the fact that my first ever post was quoting and correcting their golden boy, was probably my mistake. Should have participated in some other threads before heading into the mustang vs forums.

Last edited by bdavies11; 10-27-2015 at 03:58 PM.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #290
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
I think you have to have "established" yourself over there in some manner, whatever that means. DiMaio90, ZaneWayne and those guys have apparently done that and they also know how to tackle Pill's posts in the right way.

I'm not officially banned but have not been able to post over there due to some sort of "shadow ban." None of my posts will go through. Hell, I'm not even allowed to edit any of my own profile on that site. I think it's because in my very first post over there, I quoted Pill and tried to correct one of his many miss-informative posts. I'm betting one of the moderators saw that and just assumed I was a troll and placed some sort of shadow ban on my name.

Even though I didn't name call, bash or disrespect anyone, the fact that my first ever post was quoting and correcting their golden boy, was probably my mistake.
To me that's a prime reason to ban him if he causes that much trouble for the mods that they have to be preemptive about possible trolls.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:06 PM   #291
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
I am ZaneWayne over there. There is a way to call people out without looking like an ass. Do that and you won't get banned. I love playing with thePill. It's fun!
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #292
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Camaro: 0-60 (4.0 seconds) 12.4 in the quarter mile
Mustang: 0-60 (4.6 seconds) 12.9 in the quarter mile

We got a clear winner here by a long shot! GM did a amazing job with the new camaro!

Seems like GM waited until the right moment right after Ford changed there body style, going to take ford a few years to come back and match these stats.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:41 PM   #293
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Notice how he responds when he gets caught? He just gets more ridiculous and posts a bunch of nonsense in multiple posts attempting to hide the lies. Or, to redirect the attention away from whatever lie he gets caught in.

That's funny that he has 2 forums now pointing at him and mustang6g and laughing at them.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #294
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
True and not come off the bench in a sense that is attacking -