Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #85
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I do not think I will be interested in a new Camaro for many years. The one I got has only seen rain once. It's going to be very difficult to improve the looks. I have never seen a car that looks as good as this 5th gen looks from any angle that you look at it. After I get this one paid for, which shouldn't be to long. Then it's wide open as far as transforming this car into a real, original street machine. I actually like the big and heavyness of this car. It's a strong and solid feeling machine. This one that I have now is too much fun. And it's just going to get more fun.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #86
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
It depends on how it looks, but if they have to make it smaller I'm not hopeful. I cannot see an appearance change that would do anything but worsen the looks of the Fifth. It's pretty much perfect lookswise IMHO. By the time the Sixth hits the streets the warranty will be gone so if I want to make it faster, drop weight from it, improve the handling, make it look like new with a new custom paint job, etc. I can do that myself with the money I save from not having a car payment.

I'm hoping the Sixth surprises me, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #87
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I am definitely buying a 6th Gen........ As soon as they announce when it will be available, i will be placing my order... I'm in for a 6th Gen, all the way... I hope GM brings out the 6th Gen before the New Mustang is available...
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #88
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...depends on how it looks, what it puts down, and if it's a Z/28 or not. All things being equal, if it knocks the socks off a Gen 5 ZL1, it's for me. I don't think they will carry over the ZL1 IMHO, and if it is as cool as a C7 'Vette in looks with the performance factor, I'm in.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #89
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I'm not so sure anymore that I would consider one. Drastic changes and more power would have to be planned for the top of the line camaro in order for me to look at a 6th gen.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #90
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Will probably keep my 5th Gen and buy another car for a daily driver or if I ever sell my SS convertible it will be for a Viper.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #91
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...as far as the Viper goes, the ZR1 on the dyno layed down more torque and horsepower to the rear wheels....hmmmmm....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #92
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I love my 5th Gen. The looks that it still gets after nearly 4 years says something about the design. GM hit a home run with this car and they know it. The fact that it kills both Ford and Dodge in the sales figures month in and month out tells them that they did this car right.

I was going back and forth between the Challenger and Camaro concept cars in 2008. After sitting in the finished product that Dodge released as the Chally, I had zero reservations about making the Camaro part of my plans.

I was leaning heavily towards a Corvette when the ordering period opened for the Camaro. I took a Vette home for the weekend and by the time I got it back to the dealership on Monday, I knew this was what I wanted.

I'm looking very hard at the C7 Corvette Stingray for "My wife" and I don't think I will be getting another Camaro. I could be wrong. I swore after my '98 Z/28 I'd never own another one, but the look of this one pulled me back in, so I will never say never again. Hell, I made the Mustang mistake 5 times.......
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 AM   #93
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Most likely I will end up with one, gotta have one of each gen in the stable. But I doubt it will impress me as much as my 5th gen, also I highly doubt I will purchase it new, I will wait a few years and find a nice used one. On the other hand if they bring out an LS7 5th gen, I just may have to break my pledge of never buying a new car again.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #94
Ambitious09

Drives: 07 Cobalt LT/2008 Ram SXT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
if they do it like Ford did ill be down for a 6th gen. when Ford re-made the Mustang in 2005 I liked it a lot...but the 2010 looks a lot beter. the changes they made just enhanced the look of the car so much.

So if Chevy takes the car we have and just makes it better as opposed to a total re-design then thats good. if they totally change it then i guess we'll have to wait and see how it looks first.
This. I'm finishing college this fall and I've got my money set aside for a new car. I'd rather buy a slightly redone version of the 5th gen if the next Mustang turns out to be ugly. The 5th gen is down right sexy and a modern day classic. If they do what Ford did I'd wait another year for something I know will look good versus a maybe.
Ambitious09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #95
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
if it looks better than what I currently have, why not?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #96
SSNIGHTMARE

Drives: 2002 SS Camaro
depends on what it looks like, how heavy, and what engine combinations
02 SS, STOCK, THE SLO HO
08 CTS, POS
EFI Live
"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it but you're afraid of the consequences!"

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

--Samuel Adams
SSNIGHTMARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #97
Nightspore68

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL-1, Victory Red
I've already bought two 5th gens, dammit!

I'll probably get a C7 Corvette next time. Or a Jaguar F-Type. Or a Cayman or 911. Oh, don't get me started down this path.
Nightspore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #98
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Almost certain I will get one unless they totally screw it up. The plan right now is to get a 2017 SS 50th anniversary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote