Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #85
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
These problems, and others, are not new to Chevrolet. I had engine problems in a 1969 Chevelle SS 396, a 1970 Impala 400cu in small block, and a 1980 Camaro Z28 (350cu in). Lack of sufficient engineering, and quality control, are in Chevrolet's DNA. Wouldn't be much of an issue if Chevrolet corrected the problems while in warranty, but they send out their lawyers to deny customer remedy. I've never had similar quality lapses, or warranty coverage, in Toyota products.
FYI, GM small blocks are probably the most reliable engine ever made if maintained if you go by the millions and millions made over the years. I've had more then I can count, and they have all been bullet proof. There was even a story in Hot Rod a few months back about this very topic.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #86
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
... and sells them to people who could care less about performance.
My 2012 Toyota RAV4 V6 4WD has 269hp and does the quarter in the 14s - I care about performance and reliability. Never returned to the dealer for any problems. Early Camry V6s where equipped with V rated tires - top speed was over 130mph.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #87
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
These problems, and others, are not new to Chevrolet. I had engine problems in a 1969 Chevelle SS 396, a 1970 Impala 400cu in small block, and a 1980 Camaro Z28 (350cu in). Lack of sufficient engineering, and quality control, are in Chevrolet's DNA. Wouldn't be much of an issue if Chevrolet corrected the problems while in warranty, but they send out their lawyers to deny customer remedy. I've never had similar quality lapses, or warranty coverage, in Toyota products.

Did you miss the Tundra camshafts breaking in half, unintended acceleration, and genuinely deteriorating quality of the brand over the last decade? Toyota is not what it once was. They did win the "worst car in the world" award from Top Gear too lol.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #88
kain279

Drives: 335i
Quote:
My 2012 Toyota RAV4 V6 4WD has 269hp and does the quarter in the 14s - I care about performance and reliability. Never returned to the dealer for any problems. Early Camry V6s where equipped with V rated tires - top speed was over 130mph.
I guess we all have our own definition of "performance".

Mine does not include FWD or anything with shitty handling that can't be tracked.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:18 PM   #89
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Did you miss the Tundra camshafts breaking in half, unintended acceleration, and genuinely deteriorating quality of the brand over the last decade? Toyota is not what it once was. They did win the "worst car in the world" award from Top Gear too lol.
Toyota was so intent on becoming the largest producting automaker in the world, they let quality go down the toilet.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #90
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kain279 View Post
I guess we all have our own definition of "performance".

Mine does not include FWD or anything with shitty handling that can't be tracked.
Besides boring family sedans, minivans and some crappy pickups trucks, they make absolutely nothing appealing!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:19 PM   #91
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Toyota was so intent on becoming the largest producting automaker in the world, they let quality go down the toilet.
According to Consumer Reports CUSTOMER surveys the most reliable 2015 vehicles in order are: 1) Lexus 2) Mazda 3) Toyota. Chevrolet is # 19.
http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...ota-1.10387053
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #92
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
The one thing that always irked me about GM apologists is that they seem to accept poor quality as a byproduct of high performance.

I have owned Hondas for 16 years but I am putting my faith in that the new GM is much higher in quality than the old GM. I swore off GM cars forever in 1999, yet here I am just dying to get my 2SS Camaro.

Trust me when I tell you, if this car ends up being no better in overall quality than old GM and old Chevy, not only will it be my last ever American car but I just might crash it into the main lobby of the Renaissance Center and light it on fire.

Performance should have nothing to do with whether you can have quality.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:47 PM   #93
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
The one thing that always irked me about GM apologists is that they seem to accept poor quality as a byproduct of high performance.

I have owned Hondas for 16 years but I am putting my faith in that the new GM is much higher in quality than the old GM. I swore off GM cars forever in 1999, yet here I am just dying to get my 2SS Camaro.

Trust me when I tell you, if this car ends up being no better in overall quality than old GM and old Chevy, not only will it be my last ever American car but I just might crash it into the main lobby of the Renaissance Center and light it on fire.

Great insight! I'm at the same place re 2016 2SS. Keep forum posted if you get one... I'll probably order in about 9 months. I'd rather have a Lexus RC F but not at $20k over a Camaro.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 PM   #94
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

You are comparing a 1999 model to a 2016 model....there is no comparison. Its laughable to compare....and I know that you know this, but those who won't buy Chevy (or domestics in general) simply b/c the car they had 15 years ago wasn't so great, really don't get it.

Domestics cars are a whole new breed this day in age. I'm not saying they are more reliable than other brands, but I don't think they are any worse either. Aside from a seatbelt module...or something like that needing to be replaced on my 2010...I had zero issues. I hope the new 2016 treats me similarly.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:44 AM   #95
GMGP5X

Drives: 2011 2LT RS VR 2008 Silverado 2500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You are comparing a 1999 model to a 2016 model....there is no comparison. Its laughable to compare....and I know that you know this, but those who won't buy Chevy (or domestics in general) simply b/c the car they had 15 years ago wasn't so great, really don't get it.

Domestics cars are a whole new breed this day in age. I'm not saying they are more reliable than other brands, but I don't think they are any worse either. Aside from a seatbelt module...or something like that needing to be replaced on my 2010...I had zero issues. I hope the new 2016 treats me similarly.
Just worked at a Honda dealership yesterday, there where 5 cars in the shop with there engines taking apart for different issues. Talked to the mechanics they said most of this issues where do to poor maintenance. I have owned 5 GM products over the last 20 years and all have been good vehicles. Our Camaro has been in the shop one time in the 5 years we have owned it, for a cold engine start misfire on a really cold morning. I do all the maintenance myself.
2LT RS VR / ARK DTS Cat back exhaust / Roto-Fab CAI / RPI stealth mud guards /Defender works billet chrome door sills/ DIY painted engine cover, trunk corners, and brake rotors / RX catch can / Team LLT badges. Team LLT
GMGP5X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #96
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
Quote:
According to Consumer Reports CUSTOMER surveys the most reliable 2015 vehicles in order are: 1) Lexus 2) Mazda 3) Toyota. Chevrolet is # 19.
http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...ota-1.10387053
J.D. Power puts Chevrolet at the top. The Camaro even won it's own reward. http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...dability-study
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #97
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Reminder: The title (not mine) of this thread is "Anyone else concerned with LT engine issues during magazine testing" The quality issue is in question. Happy for anyone who has had a good reliability experience with GM products - I haven't. GM has a business model problem also - needing taxpayer bailouts.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #98
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Read below, the LS7 and LT4 are having problems. Lets hope GM fixes or has fixed all the issues with the LT4. There going to sell a lot of new Camaro's with the LT4, so lets hope for GM's sake its fixed.

"The LS7 isn’t the only Corvette engine under the gun, either. The LT4 in the C7 Corvette has had a string of early failures, including a notable incident involving a press car being driven by a Fox News tester. GM has claimed that break-in procedures were not followed correctly or ignored, that some LT4 engines had contaminants in the oil, and that the Mobil 1 synthetic oil recommendation should be the only engine oil used."

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote