Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
The sales trend from the monthly sales figures threads shows the Camaro has been on a downward slope (GRADUAL... but still downward) for a little while now. Like others said, the design is old... it's been out since 2006. Plus we've all been wanting a lighter Camaro, the Alpha platform will deliver that.

For those that think the 6th gen is only being pushed on here, there's ************* which is a rip off site all about the 6th gen. Calling it a rip off site because they originally came out as "Camaro6" on facebook and then, presumably, either Camaro5 got on them about it or they realized Camaro6.com was already unavailable so they added the "g" in. Then when their forum came up they went around to other sites grabbing threads off there... Just like they have a 2016 6th Gen Wish List similar to what's posted here.

That said - honestly I think the community on here is quite sheltered to what the rest of the public wants. On here, the 5th gen is the best thing since sliced bread. Out in the public it's not always the same feelings. I love the 5th gen because it's the first car I've ever been able to follow from leaked clay models to production but let's face it - there's a lot of things to not like about the 5th gen ... from the high belt line, the weight, blind spots, no t-tops, tiny porthole windows, etc. Again, I love my 5th gen even though I'm thinking about selling it, but I'm really excited to see what the 6th gen will have to offer.

Lastly -- Don't get down about the 5th gen being old, the Camaro team still has a few tricks up their sleeves.

Edit: LMAO Really???? "*************" is censored? Trying to control your membership, much? Ironic I post about the community here being sheltered and then post only to find out "other" Camaro websites are censored from even being posted...
This guy^ Knows what up.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
The only place I see a 6th gen being pushed for is here on this site. There is pretty much no news from GM on specifics at this point. I don't know why this is becoming such a big deal. People run out of 5th gen stuff to talk about?

You all are killing my stoke. I just got the damn thing and you guys are already wishing for the next thing. Hopefully it dies a slow painful death. Just tired of all the hype with no filler. I'm now getting into the LS3 and you guys are already talking about LT1 and LF3s. The last LT1 I saw was in the early 90s and then the LS family came along. You make me feel like I've got some LT1 from the 90s. This site is BS.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Ha I will worry about the 6th gen when it gets here. Hell I didn't even know about the 5th gen till I think Aug-Oct of 2010. I was driving down the highway and a dealership to one side had this green glowing thing that looked beautiful in the sun and one day I just had to go by a dealership and see what it was about.. LOL!!!

I was shocked when I saw it was a new Camaro and it was into it's second year, well the rest is history and it's not leaving me anytime soon.

The only thing I hope for is that aftermarket prices drop a little after the 6th hits the streets!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...

Last edited by ToolFan66; 02-11-2013 at 04:19 PM.
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
I hope the 6th gen is a 4-cylinder NA with FWD. Self-fulfilling prophecy for all of those who worry about what they don't want to happen happening. What next? We all dump our LS3s for the next big thing? Just goes to show that the bowl of desire is never filled.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
tortop45

Drives: 2ss
I hope they stop making the 5 gen camaro tomorow thats what will make a future classic,its all down to the wan,t factor.the 5 gen is a winner,i can,t see GMs next camaro being as good,ford should do what GM did take a 7 year break with the mustang to cum up with some fresh idears but they won,t.Would love a 4 wheel drive camaro thou,well we can all dream.......
tortop45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #20
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
GM has known for a long time what model year it will be released and has already considered the Mustang release. But the gen 6 release date has more to do with getting internal resourses available, priority #1 is the Vette. There is also the ATS and other cars that iwll chare the same engines and chasis. One thing on our side for a quick changeover from gen 5 ot gen 6 is Camaro is moving to a new plant so stopping production to changeover is not required.

If you want GM to keep the Camaro unchaged look to the Gen 4 Camaro and the DEATH of the Camaro. If GM doesn't keep it fresh it will die...again.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #21
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I'm hoping for evolutionary. Smaller, lighter, sleeker, more agile but still aggressive.
No reason to hope...it will be all of that on the Alpha chasis!

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
No way! I have had my SS almost four years. I am ready for something new!!!
Not planning g on getting rid of mine but adding a 6th gen. It needs to come out asap I am itching for something after this C7 release.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #23
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
No way! I have had my SS almost four years. I am ready for something new!!!
Not planning g on getting rid of mine but adding a 6th gen. It needs to come out asap I am itching for something after this C7 release.
Sounds like your ready to extend the family.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Not at all. Completely revamped Mustang is right around the corner. GM needs to be ready to counter that.

As for design, it's completely up in the air right now. Early rumors talked about a brand-new design, now people are saying it might be slightly evolutionary.