Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #1
Silverado60

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS M6
Best leather conditioner?

Looking for one that works good with a lil shine
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Silverado60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Adam's is a great conditioner for leather that's in decent shape. Lil shine? depends on what you call a lil shine. Adam's leaves a nice satin sheen.
Old 06-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
Silverado60

I was looking at Adams but it's multi purpose. It's for leather vinal or plastic. I've been disappointed with multi purpose products in the past
Texas speed F-35 cam, rollmaster timing set, melling hp pump, ls2 chain damper, fluid damper 25% under drive, Che rocker bushings, tsp .660 lift valve springs, BBK CAI Amzoil filter with Phastek ww relocation and scoop, Gmpp axle back, Speed engineering 1 7/8" LT's no cats, Peak speed shop ported tb, NGK tr6, MSD wires, Amsoil Zrod wix, heritage grill, 1.25" BMR springs, MRR 228, Nitto Nt05,dyno tuned by complete street performance, elite eng catch can, clean side separator, Hurst shifter, Zl1 addon wickerbill
Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
BRZN

110% money back guaranty.

If you'd be disappointed, well, you can't loose!

Stuff even smells like leather.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:55 PM   #5
Silverado60

Ya your right maybe I'll give it a try
Old 06-28-2016, 07:22 AM   #6
BeastMode

Drives: 2011 SGM 1SS/RS M6
Lexol is a popular brand, I have heard good things.

I typically use Meguiars because it is readily available and seems to do a good job.
Old 06-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #7
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado60 View Post
I was looking at Adams but it's multi purpose. It's for leather vinal or plastic. I've been disappointed with multi purpose products in the past
You talking about the spray or the leather conditioner itself. Those are completely two different products. The spray cleans and breaks up dirt and the conditioner will give it that new leather look. Will give a small shine but that's not its purpose, also the leather conditioner will keep the plastics inside looking like new.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:51 PM   #8
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado60 View Post
No matter what you choose, always get a separate cleaner and conditioner for the absolute best results (stay away from 2-in-1).

Leather cleaners loosen dirt and dust that get stuck in the grooves. A conditioner is what restores / maintains the soft supple feel of leather. Helps prevent wrinkles, cracks and fading. Spend the money and get a decent brand vs. one you can pick up at Autozone or Walmart. I have used Chemical Guys in the past, but I'm currently using Pinnacle (very happy with both). I plan on trying Adam's product when I'm out.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:04 PM   #9
Silverado60

Thanks for the input!
I watched the videos on Adams website. Both products the cleaner and the leather conditioner can be used on anything in the interior leather vinal or plastic. I have to question how good it is for my leather if it also can be used on plastic
I will say in the videos it looked like it had good results, but the test vehicle was a new Yukon
Old 06-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #10
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
The leather seats in our cars has a plastic coating on it. This provides UV protection as well as stain protection. It also provides light scratch protection.

If the leather were uncoated, like leather on a baseball glove, it would dry out and crack within a short period of time, also anything that got on it would immediately penetrate into the pores, making stain removal very difficult, if not impossible in some cases.

You really don't need anything fancy for it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 06-28-2016 at 04:34 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks guys for the kind words, our Leather Conditioner does a pretty nice job.
Check out the new sale.
http://adamspolishes.com/
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
Silverado60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The leather seats in our cars has a plastic coating on it. This provides UV protection as well as stain protection. It also provides light scratch protection.

If the leather were uncoated, like leather on a baseball glove, it would dry out and crack within a short period of time, also anything that got on it would immediately penetrate into the pores, making stain removal very difficult, if not impossible in some cases.

You really don't need anything fancy for it.
Ya your right. I didn't realize they had a coating on them.
If what im reading is correct that coating will eventually wear off. Then using a regular leather conditioner is beneficial

My SS is a 2010 with 21k miles not sure if age or use wears the coating off
Old 06-29-2016, 03:58 AM   #13
BRZN

Almost every vehicle manufactured over the past couple/few decades with leather, has the leather coated. It's not something you're going to easily remove by sitting on, think like the clear coat on your paint.

Adam's Leather Cleaner and his conditioner are both formulated to be used on today's coated leathers.

You're correct, the vehicle was not your 2010 Camaro, but was another GM vehicle. The leather's and coating's will be very close to, if not the same.

Remember 110% money back guaranty. Also, with him being the licensed car care provider to Camaro, you'd better believe the GM/Chevy folks made sure his line of products worked on our vehicles before they allowed their name to be associated.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #14
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
Adams is great stuff!!
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote